"Dave Chappelle came up through a white audience" Tk Kirkland

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
TK didn't diss Dave, just kept it real. Everybody know most black people didn't know who Dave was til his show.
So much truth. People got mad when Faizon Love said the same thing about Dave. Chappelle aint funny. The show was, but it wasn't his writing that made it pop. Paul Mooney and Charlie Murphy made the show. They wrote most of the material.

People forget Dave was doing cac movies like Half Baked. And doing stand up HBO' specials in Aspen, Colorado. :martin:

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm saying he was arguably a 3rd or 4th tier Comic in the 90's.....He wasn't even Shuckey Duckey or Rickey Smiley status breh.

:mjlol: Dave's part in Robin Hood Men in Tights is bigger than anything those two have ever done. shyt, I had to fukking google Shuckey Duckey to see who or what that was.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
nikkas in this thread are FULL OF shyt. Literally hating on Dave

He obviously wasn't Dave Chappelle show famous in the 90s/early 2000s. But he had famous and funny roles in Nutty Professor, Blue Streak, and Under Cover Brother. And I believe his stand up Killing them Softly pre-dated the Chappelle show. All of the stuff I mentioned resonated with a black audience

Brehs in here are straight haters :mjlol:

Yeah but, nikkas didn't know him. We just recognized him as the ugly skinny nikka that had smaller roles in other movies.

If we talkin stand up comedy dave Chappelle couldn't hold his weight in comparison to the plethora of 90's black comedians.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So much truth. People got mad when Faizon Love said the same thing about Dave. Chappelle aint funny. The show was, but it wasn't his writing that made it pop. Paul Mooney and Charlie Murphy made the show. They wrote most of the material.

People forget Dave was doing cac movies like Half Baked. And doing stand up HBO' specials in Aspen, Colorado. :martin:

No they didn't, Paul Mooney has three writing credits on the show, Chappelle and Neal Brennan are the only two people that have writing credits for each episode. :mjlol:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No they didn't, Paul Mooney has three writing credits on the show, Chappelle and Neal Brennan are the only two people that have writing credits for each episode. :mjlol:
Fazion also said the first season wasnt funny that nikka just hating imo.

SagalaMiner

Rookie
Daps
Dave was in his 20's in the 90's, did the Chappelle show about 30 years old. And we're here talkin 'bout he didn't blow up till?:why:

White folks weren't checking for Achoo and Half-Baked like that, or the first season of the Chappelle show either. Until the Chappelle Show he got lit for Men in Tights like Kevin Hart used to get it for Soul Plane.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Yeah but, nikkas didn't know him. We just recognized him as the ugly skinny nikka that had smaller roles in other movies.

If we talkin stand up comedy dave Chappelle couldn't hold his weight in comparison to the plethora of 90's black comedians.
:wrist:

Daps
i don't get why they bring this up? are they disappointed that black people are allegedly late to the goatness? or do they think it takes something away from Dave....

on the other hand... idk who tk kirkland is by name alone