"Dave Chappelle came up through a white audience" Tk Kirkland

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
I knew once those specials came out and Dave got that check crab in the barrel comedians were gonna start hating. When Dave told Comedy Central to suck a dikk he was the realest nikka in the Universe but now that he finally got that bag these mediocre comedy nikkas got shyt to say.

TK Kirkland, Wendell and Aries Spears have been doing the same act for years and have decades in the game. No hour specials? Wendell doesn't even have a comedy album under his belt. Aries got pieced up by Chico Debarge's nephew. TK is at least trying to do shyt now thanks to Chalamagne. Certain nikkas shouldn't be allowed to say shyt tho. DC Young Fly has done more for comedy than Wendell out here :yeshrug:

KRiLL (+)

Yo! Ho! Ho!
Daps
Reppin
Straw Hat Pirates
Nutty Proffessor ain't even a black movie. It's a remake of a Jerry Lewis movie

Yeah it had a black cast but you know what I mean
:mjpls:

Dave Chappelles small role in Nutty Proffessor ain't as memorable and classic to nikkas like Chris Rocks small role in Im Gonna Git You Sucka

Name some real black classic movies Dave Chappelle was in. Half Baked was white Boy stoner humor
nikka CUT IT OUT!!! Dave had one of the most memorable scenes in the movie flaming Eddie ass up in the comedy club...:comeon: you cant rewrite history...:mjlol:

I remember dave saying as well he got boo'd at the apollo too. So many tk has a point but idk seems to me he had a largely black audience and then crossover.

everybody gets boo'd at the Apollo tho... :russ:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Nutty Proffessor ain't even a black movie. It's a remake of a Jerry Lewis movie

Yeah it had a black cast but you know what I mean
:mjpls:

Dave Chappelles small role in Nutty Proffessor ain't as memorable and classic to nikkas like Chris Rocks small role in Im Gonna Git You Sucka

Name some real black classic movies Dave Chappelle was in. Half Baked was white Boy stoner humor

So a movie with Eddie Murphy and Jada Pinkett ain't gonna be considered a black movie and seen by millions of black folk?
OK

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Let's keep it real Coli and TK

Only stoners of all races knew who Dave was before his show ...

Half Baked a Stoner classic

That's true. Half baked got him the chapelle show.

But I really can't be the only one that remembers his blassic stand up specials. When I first saw his standup I remembered him as the dude in robinhood men in rights (especially the we didn't land on sherwood forrest, Sherwood forrest landed on us speech)

If anything I would have considered him black famous instead of... You know... FAMOUS famous :Cacgoat34:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
:yeshrug: I followed Dave early on since Robin Hood Men in Tights cuz he was from DC so I can't give an accurate assessment of when other black folks caught on to him

Actually you know what, I think I probably followed him for the same reason so my view of his fame might be skewed

Last edited:

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
I knew once those specials came out and Dave got that check crab in the barrel comedians were gonna start hating. When Dave told Comedy Central to suck a dikk he was the realest nikka in the Universe but now that he finally got that bag these mediocre comedy nikkas got shyt to say.

TK Kirkland, Wendell and Aries Spears have been doing the same act for years and have decades in the game. No hour specials? Wendell doesn't even have a comedy album under his belt. Aries got pieced up by Chico Debarge's nephew. TK is at least trying to do shyt now thanks to Chalamagne. Certain nikkas shouldn't be allowed to say shyt tho. DC Young Fly has done more for comedy than Wendell out here :yeshrug:
Basically this. These cats just mad Dave got the bag and are passive aggressively dissing how he got on. Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphy had white fans too, does that invalidate them as well? Just say that you jealous white folks handed Dave the bag you wish and feel you should be had. Simple as that.