"Dave Chappelle came up through a white audience" Tk Kirkland

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
white people did not know him before his show. Dave got big through a show that was popular among everyone.
When they say he came up through a white audience they're talking about the audience he did stand up for years before the Chappelle show

Bernie Mac was murking shows in front of a black audience for years before white people knew who he was, you can say the same about Dl Hugley, Steve Harvey and a list of other people

Dave Chappelle was the opposite he came up working in front of a white audience for years before black people really caught on to him. His stand up is more relatable to cacs

Dave was on Def Jam before but it wasn't nothing we remember. I wouldn't put it in the top 50 best Def Comedy Jam sets

Last edited:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
If you made it in comedy you gotta be. That's where the money is

His show was when everybody got put on. Before that he only had minor roles in Robin Hood and Nutty Professor. Unless u wanna count Half baked...a terrible movie btw

:what: Half Baked is a classic

On topic, it depends on when you first heard of him. Some remember him from the Def Jam days like me. Others from his classic scenes on Nutty Professor. If you remember him first from that, you’d say he came up through a black audience. If you remember him from Robin Hood or can even say Half Baked, you’d say a cac audience.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
I knew him from Half Baked and his bit roles in movies like Nutty Professor...

SagalaMiner

Rookie
Daps
Dave Chappelle does a hell o' number of black rooms. It's obvious when you check the bootlegged sets on the net. Was he a regular on Def Jam or Comic View? No. If you actually went to comedy rooms that was where he perfected his art.

TK knows this, but I guess he finally has something big in the horizon and will finally live up to his potential, so here we go with the controversy.

Last edited:

Raye82

Sista Darkness
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Beardgang :noah:
Let's keep it real Coli and TK

Only stoners of all races knew who Dave was before his show ...

Half Baked a Stoner classic
That's how I knew him, but I'm no stoner :pachaha: and the nutty professor, too. I feel like a lot of comedians hate on him because he is able to make all races laugh together, which these hating comedians are incapable of. Believe it or not, that is hard to do. Another thing that gets on my nerves is that it's always another black comedian that is being negative.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
@Basaglia @KBadd @NV-ME were talking about this topictop their podcast a few weeks ago. I guess it kind of makes sense. First time I saw Dave in Half-Baked I was hooked because that shyt was hilarious. I didn't know until a few years ago that he was in that stupid ass Home Improvement spin-off with Jim Breuer. You can't get much whiter than that.

Either way, some nikka had me dying in the comment section by saying Dave is selling out arenas while TK Kirkland is performing in diners :russ: