"Dave Chappelle came up through a white audience" Tk Kirkland

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is nothing but facts tho, its no hate at all and people were bashing Faizon, but I can say its no hate because I went to see Dave live way before the Chappelle Show and me and my wife were probably the only blacks in the audience, seriously. he was funny as shyt and I was instantly a fan. I never got to see him again due to timing and him being too big for smaller venues later on.

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
so nikkas wasn't watching Nutty Professor?
Dave was lowkey getting good roles long before his show blew
Nutty Proffessor ain't even a black movie. It's a remake of a Jerry Lewis movie

Yeah it had a black cast but you know what I mean
:mjpls:

Dave Chappelles small role in Nutty Proffessor ain't as memorable and classic to nikkas like Chris Rocks small role in Im Gonna Git You Sucka

Name some real black classic movies Dave Chappelle was in. Half Baked was white Boy stoner humor

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
The first time I really remember paying attention to Chapelle was on the Nutty Professor. But I was like in 6th grade then so I was still really young myself. After that, I think Half Baked. And a bunch of random stuff like that movie with Martin Lawrence. Not sure exactly how he came up with other people but that’s how I became more aware of him.

I assume Kirkland knows better than me though...

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
Found out bout him from half baked then went back and listened to killing me softly which is a classic.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Dave Chapelle has ALWAYS acknowledged he has a large white audience. I dont get why they act like he hasnt
that's not the argument it was that he came up in comedy through white people rather than having a black audience.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I remember dave saying as well he got boo'd at the apollo too. So many tk has a point but idk seems to me he had a largely black audience and then crossover.