Dating women over 30 is basically a job interview

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
I've been eating out here. Mid 30s with a stable situation and in pulling from 24 all the way up to women in their 50s. It's honestly funny how something that we used to sweat so much as a young breh literally falls into your lap now with little to no effort
@BaldingSoHard dapping this? :ohhh: Aren’t you about to have a kid?

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
:manny:
If sex is a sterile transactional object to you then you can choose to not deal with them, just like I bushed the women who liked to make it into a job interview. Actions and presentation will usually tell us a lot of what we want to know.
A woman who says she’s dating intentionally and treating a date like a job interview is not a woman looking for casual sex. People may not know if they want to be in a relationship with someone they are just getting to know, but they know if they definitely don’t, if they are open to moving in that direction, and if they are just looking for something casual. I agree that judging people by their actions is important. But it’s crazy to me that men aren’t shy about asking to slide in between a woman’s legs but play coy when asked point blank what they are looking for. Because most times men approach women, so it shouldn’t be that difficult to say what you’re looking for.

This comment sums up issues with great areas well.
I think men and women have better outcomes when they verbalize exactly what they're looking for. If you leave any grey areas people will use it to their advantage. But one thing I've realized is people are afraid of being alone or by themselves so they'll grasp on to the first thing that feels right and hope that they'll change on the back end

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
looking-for-duo-v0-yrd7u64bjwic1.jpeg

Superstar
Daps
A woman who says she’s dating intentionally and treating a date like a job interview is not a woman looking for casual sex. People may not know if they want to be in a relationship with someone they are just getting to know, but they know if they definitely don’t, if they are open to moving in that direction, and if they are just looking for something casual. I agree that judging people by their actions is important. But it’s crazy to me that men aren’t shy about asking to slide in between a woman’s legs but play coy when asked point blank what they are looking for. Because most times men approach women, so it shouldn’t be that difficult to say what you’re looking for.

This comment sums up issues with great areas well.

There’s nothing wrong with asking questions and figuring things out, but when it becomes business like, I know I’m not going to take it seriously. She was probably reading bullshyt #relationshipgoals hash-tagged ig posts and is wearing this bullshyt mask to make it look like she has everything under control.

That shyt starts to sound like someone reading self-affirmations aloud. It starts to feel like they don’t know how to read people and now the rest of us have to suffer. It’s like a formal declaration of your baggage.

I’ve been in bad relationships before, but imagine how fast my girl’s vagina would have shriveled up if I started listing a dating manifesto of things I want, things I won’t put up with, things I have, and things I expect you to have on the first few dates. The same shyt happens from our point of view, you start to sound like a second job. women need to learn to spit a little game too lol.

We don’t all ask about sex up front, but even if we did, why react by doing something that’s probably going to be equally as fruitless. There’s plenty of single people with tact why not date them?

I can’t even lie, if my date starts reading me her commandments like Moses. My mind may zone out and probably go straight to sex, and if it’s even worth sitting through this unpleasant person’s bullshyt.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think there are a lot of kids saying that, but that's just an "educated" guess. And sure, like a lot of life, it comes down to a value system.

Once someone asked if I wanted to get married: my reponse,

"In the right circumstance, with the right person, it's something I would absolutely consider",

Just based on how highly I qualified that, you can tell it's not something I even care about, but want to consider in a reasonable way. Funny shyt is I thought that was an honest, good, answer. She ended things a few months later lol

Last quick point, is aren't the odds of that pretty high anyway? Or are they hard to even qualif
y?

good convo and thanks.
Marriage is an either or thing. Either you with it and all that comes with it or you arent. So it behooves a person that wants it to avoid those who dont or arent sure (really the same thing if we keepin it a stack). Doesnt make anybody a bad person. Just want different things. If more people were honest and upfront about what they want and stood on their principles we would have so much less drama and the gender wars would be over.

Not sure what you are referencing with the bolded.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can “date intentionally” without verbalizing it lol. It was irritating when I was coming across it.

The dumbest part about verbalizing it is some people are gullible enough to take someone at their word, then open up based on that. Like some of these women (I know it isn’t just women) seemed like kids trying to play grown up. I could say what I want (like building my resume based on the job description/requirements in the job ad) and they just took it as law. If things got too professional I just bushed them or let them bush me if they had a problem.

My fiance and I were both “dating intentionally”, we just didn’t verbalize it. She asked for our first date to be a public hike and we enjoyed each other's company while barely talking about ourselves. Our second date was over drinks and we still struggled to talk about ourselves. We hung out more and just watched each other’s actions, learning more about who the other person was. I had already rawnopullout’d by the time we knew each other’s salaries.

We both found a person who would be there and push hard for the other person, because we enjoyed being around each other. We both knew we wanted long term relationships from the jump, we both knew we wanted kids in the future, we knew neither was homeless. Most importantly we genuinely liked each other as human beings, everything else fell into place.

All That came from two guarded people, in their 30’s, who didn’t wear their heart on their sleeve. Stop trying to make a science out of it, stop using buzzwords. Just enjoy your time (or bush), stop playing dating games/strategies, just understand you and do what works for you.
I am happy for you two. Hope yall have a wonderful life together.

What if you werent dating intentionally though? Where would she be now? Wide open for a dude that aint about what she about.

Most dudes just looking to play around and get all the ass they can. So for a women who wants to settle to move like that with every dude would be a set up for failure.

Whats wrong with her saying it? Especially if you on the same tip? You think that you are you fiancé wouldnt be where yall are if she verbalized it?

Superstar
Daps
I am happy for you two. Hope yall have a wonderful life together.

What if you werent dating intentionally though? Where would she be now? Wide open for a dude that aint about what she about.

Most dudes just looking to play around and get all the ass they can. So for a women who wants to settle to move like that with every dude would be a set up for failure.

Whats wrong with her saying it? Especially if you on the same tip? You think that you are you fiancé wouldnt be where yall are if she verbalized it?
Before I met her I dealt with three women who did that shyt. It wasn’t my first time experiencing it, but I had grown to the point where I wasn’t going to try to weasel my way past it.

One was completely out of her mind. The first time we talked on the phone she was kicking her ex out of the house. I stayed on the phone for several hours just to see what kind of wild shyt would happen next. I ended up ghosting.

The next I actually went on a couple of dates with, but for all she talked about being serious, she stayed at somebody’s nightclub or party. I just moved on because that wasn’t the kind of life I wanted. Plus she gave of all the signs of a scammer lol. I wouldn’t give her my last name or address lol.

The third was very verbal and firm about what she expected and wouldn’t put up with. She seemed cool otherwise. We dated for some months. I work an hour’s drive from my house, her apt was 40 minutes from my house without traffic. She wanted me to always stay the night at her place and got irritated when I refused. She also got mad that I’m not someone who’s constantly talking. She starting going off more and more about what she wouldn’t put up with and gave me an ultimatum. I accepted the ultimatum, wished her the best (I meant it), and went about my business.

If there’s one thing about her that stood out to me, it was her confidence in herself, and her dealings with me. We both knew what we wanted and I’m pretty sure she was just as willing to bush, as I was, if she didn’t feel right.

We’re both people who are just as fine being by ourselves, as we are being with somebody. If I came with the bullshyt, I’m sure she’d have just moved on and went back to enjoying her life and/or some sneaky link.

There’s nothing wrong with expressing what you want, but when you make it feel like an interview then you’re probably just getting on your date’s nerves along with giving them the cheat code to say whatever you want to hear.

My woman friend moved to metro Atlanta from the west coast and she gets approached by guys immediately rattling off things like home ownership, what kind of car they drive, their salary, etc. They do it because it worked in the past and they STILL take advantage of the situation. My own sister was paranoid as hell about dating and the guy she’s with is devoted as hell. He SHOWED her his devotion over time.

If you’re completely depending on words to get to the next step you’re in for a world of hurt if you aren’t already able to discern predators from the jump. Atlanta is full of them, and they’re eating these women alive. Dudes are getting ate up too, because they’re so infatuated with “the vibe” and the looks.

In the big scheme of things none of us are special outside of the relationships we cultivate, none of us deserve anything, and nobody gives a fukk about us until we find somebody that shows us (through actions) that they do give a fukk. we’re brains riding around in meat gundams, just trying to satisfy whatever biological urge we have at the moment. All this other shyt is extra weight we place on our own shoulders because we feel like we need to play or put up with games to get a situation we saw somebody else enjoying.

My girl and I are both quiet unless we’re joking, and when nobody is looking, we’re nerds. We’re both relatively old and eventually you guys will get there too. You’ll stop caring if what you’re wearing is in tune with what’s hot, you’ll stop caring what your date drives, you’ll stop caring if they’re saying things the right way, you’ll stop caring about anything but enjoying the little time you have on this lava filled ball of dirt.

Last edited:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Dudes contradicting themselves in an attempt to be a part of "as she should" gang. I was gonna write up a response but when you have an agenda like that there's no telling you any different. yall know damn well the only reason women decide to get serious like this is because their clock is ticking. if women were still desirable in older age like men there would be none of this.

Why would you randomly have a bunch of expectations that you didnt have 5 years ago. Its not some sort of grand reawakening lol. Time's up.

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
There’s nothing wrong with asking questions and figuring things out, but when it becomes business like, I know I’m not going to take it seriously. She was probably reading bullshyt #relationshipgoals hash-tagged ig posts and is wearing this bullshyt mask to make it look like she has everything under control.

That shyt starts to sound like someone reading self-affirmations aloud. It starts to feel like they don’t know how to read people and now the rest of us have to suffer. It’s like a formal declaration of your baggage.

I’ve been in bad relationships before, but imagine how fast my girl’s vagina would have shriveled up if I started listing a dating manifesto of things I want, things I won’t put up with, things I have, and things I expect you to have on the first few dates. The same shyt happens from our point of view, you start to sound like a second job. women need to learn to spit a little game too lol.

We don’t all ask about sex up front, but even if we did, why react by doing something that’s probably going to be equally as fruitless. There’s plenty of single people with tact why not date them?

I can’t even lie, if my date starts reading me her commandments like Moses. My mind may zone out and probably go straight to sex, and if it’s even worth sitting through this unpleasant person’s bullshyt.
It should be a natural and direct conversation. But one thing that seems to be true over time is that men will bring up sex either directly or through innuendos. And once you’re comfortable enough to talk sex, you’re comfortable enough to discuss who a person is, what they’re looking for, and what they’re about. If it’s uncomfortable then it isn’t a match. There’s plenty of women who will just go with the flow and are fine with keeping it casual.

We’ve become a community of having sex and even kids with people we know nothing about because people are comfortable enough to jump in the bed together but asking somebody a 5 five year plan is too personal. People are assed backwards.

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
Dudes contradicting themselves in an attempt to be a part of "as she should" gang. I was gonna write up a response but when you have an agenda like that there's no telling you any different. yall know damn well the only reason women decide to get serious like this is because their clock is ticking. if women were still desirable in older age like men there would be none of this.

Why would you randomly have a bunch of expectations that you didnt have 5 years ago. Its not some sort of grand reawakening lol. Time's up.
My daddy is in his 70s and just married a woman in her 70s because she refused to live with someone she isn’t married to. I just went to a wedding of two over 40 year olds with their first marriage and neither have kids. People get married in 20s, 30s, 40s and even 50s. Gabouray Sibidi aka Precious even has a husband. The key to finding a husband is just being direct and intentional about it. It’s nothing more and nothing less at any age.

Superstar
Daps
It should be a natural and direct conversation. But one thing that seems to be true over time is that men will bring up sex either directly or through innuendos. And once you’re comfortable enough to talk sex, you’re comfortable enough to discuss who a person is, what they’re looking for, and what they’re about. If it’s uncomfortable then it isn’t a match. There’s plenty of women who will just go with the flow and are fine with keeping it casual.

We’ve become a community of having sex and even kids with people we know nothing about because people are comfortable enough to jump in the bed together but asking somebody a 5 five year plan is too personal. People are assed backwards.

I can agree with all that. I’m just against the whole listing things out like it’s some magical protection spell against the dikk demon. Natural and progressive is always the way to go. Enjoy life as it comes, and don’t take ourselves too seriously. It can all be gone in a blink.

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some people who adopt that rhetoric aren't even about that five year plan, shyt, some don't even have a three month plan.

I've talked to "intentional" daters whose five year plan essentially amounts to "idk".

Many people who have been fukking up for 12+ years post high-school, don't suddenly become well adjusted, focused high achieving adults.

I feel like people haven't spent enough time in the field when I read these posts.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Age doesn't matter........it's all about life stages.

A 30-year old divorcee with a kid and a good enough job to take care of herself is different from a 30-year old with no kids and never been married.......and she's different from a 30-year old WITH kids but no marriages under her belt and a rough financial situation.

No kids/never married = looking for someone that checks off certain boxes. She's enamored with the idea of marriage but maybe not the day-to-day if she's mostly been fukking around.

Divorcee = baggage but she might actually be MORE picky because she has a blueprint for what doesn't work and will try to find a man that's the complete opposite of her ex. Truthfully most women initiate divorces and if they split...it's because they already have an idea of what and who they're looking for.

Never married but has kids = this kind of woman might just want some weekend dikk but if you treat her well, she'll probably start wanting more...especially if you have your shyt together. If she's younger.....she probably wants you for something serious. If she's well into her 40s, probably just wants sex and adult conversation.
I need this shìt here...no more no less...