Dating women over 30 is basically a job interview

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is a job interview and women of all ages should treat it as such. If they did the community would be much better off. There is no job more important than the person you will build your life with and have children with. Too many women approach it capricously and end up getting screwed as a result. A lot of dudes have gotten comfortable not having to bring tangibles to the table and not having to be consistent or show and prove. Guys like not having to do shyt or be about shyt and getting all the p*ssy they can stand. It makes sense for us but it doesn't benefit the overall community at all.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
I tell young guys all the time who are looking to vet a quality woman always ask her with a straight face and full confidence,

“So, tell me, what qualities do you bring to a relationship other than a pretty face and sex? “How can you add value to my, or a man’s life?”

The only type of women who will even entertain that question are thots.

Imagine the reaction from a doctor or career corporate woman who gets asked that.
:mjlol:

Y'all are so used to dating trash that your advice only works on trash. Lol

Daps
Two examples from the last two weeks

On the Joe budden podcast Joe's tell a story about how he was dealing with a women and they happen to be at his place and they was watch some football game. The women rattled off a ceartin players salary right down to how much he makes a year . Joe said he was turned off by that and the other guy on the podcast said " but at least you know what category to put her in " . This was a women that delt with men in the entertainment industry.

2nd example : Something else I learned from OGs is that you don't pocket watch another man ....some men in my neighborhood have gotten killed over something as simple as that before . When I seen how many women across social media post Patrick mahomes face with whatever his new contract is worth it was disturbing for me , because none of these women helped throw a ball helped with his footwork helped to better understand the playbook plus the audible's etc. These women across social media posted this shyt like they helped him get there .....shyt is crazy . I hate how ESPN and other Networks post these nikkas contract shyt is pocket watchin on steroids .

Man pundits and everybody wonder WHY men have walked away from marriage cause it don't benefit men and for the most a man is just utility . Men to some degree have figured it out ....

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
So how is the type of car a man drives and whether he rents or owns related to how he will treat her?

But that question doesn’t even reveal the woman’s motives either.

Granted, the car question is weird b/c you can see what a man drives when he picks you up for a date. However, if I saw a man in a Mercedes truck, but he still lives in an unfurnished apartment, I would think that his priorities are out of wack for my taste.

If a guy rents, I would ask him if he plans on owning. His answer would tell me if he’s interested in building assets to offer his children or if he doesn’t think about the future as much as I do.

Now the funny thing is, I can ask these questions & totally be a part of the FIRE movement, for example, which would mean that I’m actually a frugal woman. But YOU wouldn’t even consider that b/c any questions regarding stability are automatically linked to being a “gold digger” rather than a woman searching for someone with similar values in regards to money, savings & investing. Given that finances are the #1 reason for divorce, why shouldn’t it be up for discussion?

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To the level headed brehs such as @Youseenmywork you might as well give up on discourse with most American women, let the good ones seek you out, don't engage the damage/defective. If I learned anything from the J. Cole/Noname situation, it's that you can't correct a woman's tone without being attacked. Long story short if a bytch don't know how to act right as an adult it's not your job to teach her, ignore her and on to the next. All the women in this thread didn't speak to tact (or lack of), or knowing how to present themselves aka COMMUNICATE properly which tells you everything you need to know about how they are in relationships. You can lay standards for a woman but if she doesn't meet them no need to dwell or punish, just leave it best for the both of you.

All of this.

Cut bait and run.

:manny:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
No hate to OP but those questions are only bothersome if the answers aren't impressive.
One of my main advantages in dating has always been the ability to impress a black woman with my credentials. It's a REAL differentiator between you and the average pool of dudes out there
Been living alone and driving since 25, have only been unemployed for like 2 months since age 16, impressive job title at company ppl heard of and think are impressive
Putting that on the table don't even mean I plan on taking care of the woman I'm on the date with
It just mean they won't have to TAKE CARE OF ME. That alone can shoot you to the top of whatever list they have

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
No hate to OP but those questions are only bothersome if the answers aren't impressive.
One of my main advantages in dating has always been the ability to impress a black woman with my credentials. It's a REAL differentiator between you and the average pool of dudes out there
Been living alone and driving since 25, have only been unemployed for like 2 months since age 16, impressive job title at company ppl heard of and think are impressive
Putting that on the table don't even mean I plan on taking care of the woman I'm on the date with
It just mean they won't have to TAKE CARE OF ME
. That alone can shoot you to the top of whatever list they have

Unfortunately, these are hard facts...specifically the bolded. And as someone else stated, men are within their right to ask these questions too.

Daps

Granted, the car question is weird b/c you can see what a man drives when he picks you up for a date. However, if I saw a man in a Mercedes truck, but he still lives in an unfurnished apartment, I would think that his priorities are out of wack for my taste.

If a guy rents, I would ask him if he plans on owning. His answer would tell me if he’s interested in building assets to offer his children or if he doesn’t think about the future as much as I do.

Now the funny thing is, I can ask these questions & totally be a part of the FIRE movement, for example, which would mean that I’m actually a frugal woman. But YOU wouldn’t even consider that b/c any questions regarding stability are automatically linked to being a “gold digger” rather than a woman searching for someone with similar values in regards to money, savings & investing. Given that finances are the #1 reason for divorce, why shouldn’t it be up for discussion?

Okay fair enough but do like a MAN has had to do his entire life and find different and unique ways of talking to the opposite sex....cause in the word of plenty of women on this site " We all anit the same "

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Most people are way too soft/indirect when it comes to dating. You want something, you gotta be upfront about it. If you scare someone off then clearly they aren't about what you are about and it's best to find that out as early as possible. There is nothing wrong with a woman inquiring about a guys finances and his future plans. Nothing wrong with a guy doing the same. People have altered the definition of "tricking" and "gold digging". Tricking is offering money/gifts in exchange for sex. Gold digging is being focused on what a man can buy you or give to you only. If you are in a relationship you are gonna buy her stuff and give her money and you are gonna have sex. Money and sex play a significant part in a relationship and there is nothing wrong with coming to an understanding on these issues as early as possible. The thing is a lot of people are insecure when it comes to these things which leads to all the games we see people play.