Dating women over 30 is basically a job interview

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which question?

Out of all the questions he listed in the op, the one asking what type of car he drives is the only one that is distasteful and a red flag.
I'm specifically talking about the income question. Lots of guys would take offense if you outright ask for a dollar amount. But wouldn't take offense if you asked about their profession instead.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I'm specifically talking about the income question. Lots of guys would take offense if you outright ask for a dollar amount. But wouldn't take offense if you asked about their profession instead.
I tell women I make the minimum wage....

If she chooses bounce cool, If she doesn’t cool.

sunny80

All Star
Daps
Asking the profession would be better. Or better yet asking if he makes enough to live comfortably. Straight up asking how much do you make can be a little too much for anyone. I think this question is important when wanting to have children in the future though.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Those questions should not make you feel like you are a just a wallet.
If it's the first thing she goes to then

If a dude on the first date with you went straight to questions like:

What's your favorite position? :shaq:

Do you fukk on the first date? :shaq:

What's your body count? :shaq:

I'm sure you'd see that as a red flag

Payroll

Insomnia Addict
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GMB
giphy-downsized.gif

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
So according to you if you don’t got your shyt together by 30 you wasted your life :mindblown:

It's true, it's true. All your grinding phase should have been done in your mid-20s and career to boot....

I've been on plenty of dates with women who had ticking biological clocks. The desperation and line of questions was just like OP....

This one chick I took on a date, she told me she expected me to be further in life drive a nicer car and not rent while she was only a secretary for a hospital....

For all the rah rah about doing better, she ended up get knocked up by some random and her kid ended up looking like the dude from Goonies....Hospital closed and she went to live with her mom....

These women gave out all the coochie coupons and now want to be Mother Theresa and be chaste until the ultimate simp/beta rescues her....

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
OP..

I hear what you are saying..

Personally, I don't mind those questions, but there should be a balance when having conversations.

If you had a choice between being "interiewed", "auditioned" or "interrogated" which one would you choose?

I would imagine that many people don't want to share too much personal information about themselves at the beginning, which is somewhat understandable, but at the same token, how are you going to know if someone is right for you, if you don't ask certain questions?

I don't think anyone wants to waste time dealing with someone who is incompatible, so for me, I say that women need to do what they need to do, just learn not to ask questions that are too intrusive as well as engage in more light hearted banter because the last thing anyone wants to feel is uncomfortable, especially on a date.

Last edited:

sunny80

All Star
Daps
If it's the first thing she goes to then

If a dude on the first date with you went straight to questions like:

What's your favorite position? :shaq:

Do you fukk on the first date? :shaq:

What's your body count? :shaq:

I'm sure you'd see that as a red flag
If I'm only looking for sex then I would not see those questions you listed as a red flag. But if I'm looking for a quality man or a potential husband then yes I would see them as a red flag.

But I see where you are coming from.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Asking the profession would be better. Or better yet asking if he makes enough to live comfortably. Straight up asking how much do you make can be a little too much for anyone. I think this question is important when wanting to have children in the future though.
Not just that, how much you make doesn’t mean shyt, if someone has no self control when it comes to spending.

People act like there aren’t individuals making 200k, who have compulsive spending habits living check to check, on a shady contract, working at some place like Uber as an engineer, where they could be let go at moments notice due to stock manipulation , while there are others making 60-80k a year, in a stable job / position with great benefits, pension and 200k in the bank collecting interest.

sunny80

All Star
Daps
Not just that, how much you make doesn’t mean shyt, if someone has no self control when it comes to spending.

People act like there aren’t individuals making 200k, who have compulsive spending habits living check to check, on a shady contract, working at some place like Uber as an engineer, where they could be let go at moments notice due to stock manipulation , while there are others making 60-80k a year, in a stable job / position with great benefits, pension and 200k in the bank collecting interest.
You are right. That is why asking about a potential partner's profession or income should not be the only question asked when trying to properly vet someone.

Krisrunner2049

Pretty boi CFO Squirrels Burgers KillaKwuads
Daps
Reppin
Downtown LA(cityboi)
shyt like this is why I don’t wanna get older. I don’t wanna gf for as long as I can put it off but when I get to my 30s imma just have to avoid the pressure to fall in line like the other brehs. :patrice: