Damn, Xbox One only sold 17k in the US last month.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Coli has absolutely no foresight when it comes to gaming.

Just taking it back to before the switch,and almost a year after it was released, the narrative and reasons why a switch was unnecessary, bad, weak, a gimmick and how even Nintendo 1st party games wouldn't save it. To now almost everyone having one 3 years later.

Gamepass and xcloud about to be the same thing, even if you don't buy a series X you probably will have game pass at some point because ... Why not? Be it for PC or something else.
No one said that :mjlol:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I can see Apple, Google or even Tencent entering the console market to fill the gap. Sony definitely won’t have a multibillion dollar market that’s growing massively all to themselves.
They got Nintendo for competition.... Funny as shyt considering Nintendo ironically is responsible for creating the Playstation competition :russ:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
The Xbox One X and Xbox One S All-Digital Edition were discontinued in July 2020 to prepare for the upcoming Xbox Series X console in November 2020.
discontinue the world's most powerful console after less than 3 years. they want all these clowns to buy XSXs instead of discounted One Xs :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I disagree.

Microsoft has too much foresight. The future of gaming is what MS is offering. However instead of having compelling exclusive games that you want to get gamepass for, they're offering middling exclusive games, older games and Indies. This is doing it backwards. Have the product then offer the service. Look what MS has done with office. Had programmes most businesses use and sold it as a subscription rather than buying it once.

Hmm I feel like they are doing it right. All their 1st party stuff is going to be there. That all ready adds a ton of value.

They have the library currently to easily justify at least 2 years of service imo, and that's only going to improve.

They've had some of the biggest 3rd party games on gamepass and still on there...

The content is there, and you don't need to invest in the system to access it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I disagree.

Microsoft has too much foresight. The future of gaming is what MS is offering. However instead of having compelling exclusive games that you want to get gamepass for, they're offering middling exclusive games, older games and Indies. This is doing it backwards. Have the product then offer the service. Look what MS has done with office. Had programmes most businesses use and sold it as a subscription rather than buying it once.
This “No games” narrative is far from the truth.

Probably the most technically advanced game ever just was released today by Microsoft.

Over the last couple months Microsoft has had multiple top selling games on each and every platform.

There's still more games due to release this month, and even more by the end of the year.

They’ve also announced more next gen exclusives than Sony and still have ~5 studios working on games that have not even announced what they are working on yet.

I guess if the only thing you consider a “compelling exclusive” is a single player story driven game, Microsoft is lacking, but other than that they got all genres and levels of games covered.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Probably the most technically advanced game ever just was released today by Microsoft.

Over the last couple months Microsoft has had multiple top selling games on each and every platform.

There's still more games due to release this month, and even more by the end of the year.

They’ve also announced more next gen exclusives than Sony and still have ~5 studios working on games that have not even announced what they are working on yet.

I guess if the only thing you consider a “compelling exclusive” is a single player story driven game, Microsoft is lacking, but other than that they got all genres and levels of games covered.
No games doesn’t literally mean zero games. It means compelling software that’ll attract millions of people to your console like Sony and Nintendo does. Flight Simulator and Battletoads are not those games

GZR

Final round
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I think people are reading too much into this sales figure. If the stock situation in the US is anything like here in the UK, Xbox Ones, whether S or X have been very thin on the ground but you can find PS4s without much trouble. MS pulled the plug on One X production early and there aren't enough One S consoles to go around. Due to Covid-19 and quarantine/lockdown etc. there was a big increase in demand for consoles and MS just don't have the supply.

Another bloodbath gen on the way.

This really might be their last console.

Just go the full gamepass route.
I'm with you on this, the way they are opening up their games to other devices/platforms shows that they won't care much about selling you the box in the future, they just want your subscription. I expect to be able to play the Xbox game catalogue on the Playstation 6 :sas2:

However, I like competition. As much as I enjoy Sony's offering I wouldn't be happy for them to be out there running unchecked without a direct competitor:francis:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I think people are reading too much into this sales figure. If the stock situation in the US is anything like here in the UK, Xbox Ones, whether S or X have been very thin on the ground but you can find PS4s without much trouble. MS pulled the plug on One X production early and there aren't enough One S consoles to go around. Due to Covid-19 and quarantine/lockdown etc. there was a big increase in demand for consoles and MS just don't have the supply.

I'm with you on this, the way they are opening up their games to other devices/platforms shows that they won't care much about selling you the box in the future, they just want your subscription. I expect to be able to play the Xbox game catalogue on the Playstation 6 :sas2:

However, I like competition. As much as I enjoy Sony's offering I wouldn't be happy for them to be out there running unchecked without a direct competitor:francis:

Nintendo is a direct competitor but they're content with living off their IPs and not giving 2 fukks. If Microsoft goes the service route, someone will step in their space.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
No games doesn’t literally mean zero games. It means compelling software that’ll attract millions of people to your console like Sony and Nintendo does. Flight Simulator and Battletoads are not those games

The fact you gotta explain this says enough....

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London

Best selling games of the last couple of months? Really? Last of Us pt 2, COD and Ghost of Tsushima were the best selling games in the last 3 months. There is not one game released in 2020 aside from Ori that I felt compelled to play.

I have an Xbox and haven't turned it on for months. That irks me. I hold onto it hoping that MS will surprise me. They haven't. For years I've been waiting for compelling new games. Instead I have gotten half baked games that had to be improved months after release (Sea of Thieves/Halo MCC). I haven't got that patience. Every year Phil Spencer promises gold and delivers shyt.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Flight simulator is top franchise period.

30 years of success. It is popular with gamers, but also transcends gaming circles. And will definitely be played more over the years than whatever Sony exclusive you are currently stanning.

As for battletoads it might now be the most popular game, but it will be purchased and played by lots of people around the world.

No way you can argue Microsoft games are not “compelling” when their games top most played/sold lists wherever they release.

Again just in this last month Microsoft has dropped a game that was a top seller on each and every platform.

It may be your opinion that single player movie games are the only ones that matter but most other gamers disagree.:manny: