Damn, Xbox One only sold 17k in the US last month.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
But Game Pass though.
I guess Gamepass is not the big attraction as they thought.
Can’t see things getting any better even with the Series X simply because there isn’t any compelling software on there for at least a year.
Children and there narratives out of jealousy is grade school behavior. Gamepass wouldn't be counted in your little inaccurate NPD's

We stopped recognizing npd over a decade ago but hey, gamepass makes ppl reach for the stars
Who the fukk is buying current gen right now anyways? :dahell:
Well this is very important to Sony gamers because next gen isn't looking that good. I'm thrilled with the future and I'm not concerned with the competition. Why should i, I'm looking at everwild and I'm hella excited :win:
nikkaz who want Switches and Playstations :troll:
So they didn't already have one. Let's care about those who waited till months before a new gen. Yes, let's use energy on this :yawn:
Why are they discontinuing it though? Is there a new model coming?
They don't want small minded people to get confused. I know the difference, they look nothing alike, cost nothing alike. Gotta question tho.

If Sony gamers believe this strawoman can't tell the difference (you know, the soccer moms/etc) then wouldn't this same non tech savvy parent get confused with ps4 :hula: ps5? I mean, they so similar. Surely a non tech savvy person can make that mistake. Maybe since it's the weakest next gen system we should all refer to it as the Playstation Larry or The Larrystation 5. Yeah, I like that better. Larrystation 5 it is :win:
I think people gon assume them shyts ain’t no different either. There will be no confusion with the PS5.
Parents should not have to ask a clerk which is the new Xbox lol. MS should bit the bullet and named this POS console the X5. Not no damn series x
L5 vs X5 :banderas:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I’m telling y’all. Y’all better hope Microsoft can get it together. Having Sony as the only relevant console isn’t good for the consumer.

But maybe Nintendo will get their shyt together as far as offering a powerful system if Microsoft is gone out of the console space.
Gaming too big someone else will step in. Xbox can die and make room just like when Sega & Atari died. Gaming push forward.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Coli has absolutely no foresight when it comes to gaming.

Just taking it back to before the switch,and almost a year after it was released, the narrative and reasons why a switch was unnecessary, bad, weak, a gimmick and how even Nintendo 1st party games wouldn't save it. To now almost everyone having one 3 years later.

Gamepass and xcloud about to be the same thing, even if you don't buy a series X you probably will have game pass at some point because ... Why not? Be it for PC or something else.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Just taking it back to before the switch,and almost a year after it was released, the narrative and reasons why a switch was unnecessary, bad, weak, a gimmick and how even Nintendo 1st party games wouldn't save it. To now almost everyone having one 3 years later.

Gamepass and xcloud about to be the same thing, even if you don't buy a series X you probably will have game pass at some point because ... Why not? Be it for PC or something else.

Eh, the difference is that whatever people thought about the Switch before it came out, they came through with games people wanted.

Ultimately, no matter how good of a deal Gamepass is, or how convenient XCloud may be, there still need to be games that make people want to play there. It's completely possible (and in my opinion, likely) that that'll happen. It's just a matter of if that's sooner or later, and if those games are anything other than their legacy exclusives.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gaming too big someone else will step in. Xbox can die and make room just like when Sega & Atari died. Gaming push forward.
I can see Apple, Google or even Tencent entering the console market to fill the gap. Sony definitely won’t have a multibillion dollar market that’s growing massively all to themselves.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I’m telling y’all. Y’all better hope Microsoft can get it together. Having Sony as the only relevant console isn’t good for the consumer.

But maybe Nintendo will get their shyt together as far as offering a powerful system if Microsoft is gone out of the console space.
Just look at Intel
We don’t need another intel :snoop:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps

The cost for entry is extremely large as well. Any other company that’s stepping in is probably going to be online only.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I disagree.

Microsoft has too much foresight. The future of gaming is what MS is offering. However instead of having compelling exclusive games that you want to get gamepass for, they're offering middling exclusive games, older games and Indies. This is doing it backwards. Have the product then offer the service. Look what MS has done with office. Had programmes most businesses use and sold it as a subscription rather than buying it once.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree.

Microsoft has too much foresight. The future of gaming is what MS is offering. However instead of having compelling exclusive games that you want to get gamepass for, they're offering middling exclusive games, older games and Indies. This is doing it backwards. Have the product then offer the service. Look what MS has done with office. Had programmes most businesses use and sold it as a subscription rather than buying it once.

Interesting comparison. The switch to Office365 was definitely one of the tougher moves for them to pull off, but it ultimately ended up being the best overall move for them.

This is definitely an attempt to bring XBox in line with the rest of the company, as MS will tell you flat out that they're a services company first and foremost. But I agree, it does feel a bit like they're rushing to that end goal a bit.