Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
319 last I checked
Have you tried intermittent fasting?

The 16/8 method involves fasting every day for about 16 hours and restricting your daily eating window to approximately 8 hours.

Within the eating window, you can fit in two, three, or more meals.

This method is also known as the Leangains protocol and was popularized by fitness expert Martin Berkhan.

Doing this method of fasting can actually be as simple as not eating anything after dinner and skipping breakfast.

For example, if you finish your last meal at 8 p.m. and don’t eat until noon the next day, you’re technically fasting for 16 hours.

For people who get hungry in the morning and like to eat breakfast, this method may be hard to get used to. However, many breakfast skippers instinctively eat this way.

You can drink water, coffee, and other zero-calorie beverages during the fast, which can help reduce feelings of hunger.

l3lackstarr

In my observatory
Daps
Reppin
Alpha-Centauri
Id say (depending on how big you are) keep it simple, but also try bits and pieces of what everyone is saying. My starting weight was 264 (280 at my heaviest), and I'm down to 232 just eating 2x a day, no sugar, no snacking. You still should pay attention to the numbers unfortunately, because a calorie is a calorie still. I also workout when I feel like it, whether its lifting, hitting the bag, running ..whatever. Getting active is very important. Don't underestimate just simply walking either.

Marci-Senpai

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability

The 16/8 method involves fasting every day for about 16 hours and restricting your daily eating window to approximately 8 hours.

This method is also known as the Leangains protocol and was popularized by fitness expert Martin Berkhan.

Doing this method of fasting can actually be as simple as not eating anything after dinner and skipping breakfast.

For example, if you finish your last meal at 8 p.m. and don’t eat until noon the next day, you’re technically fasting for 16 hours.

For people who get hungry in the morning and like to eat breakfast, this method may be hard to get used to. However, many breakfast skippers instinctively eat this way.

You can drink water, coffee, and other zero-calorie beverages during the fast, which can help reduce feelings of hunger.
Ive been not eating at work and in the mornings but when I reach home from work I does give in and eat a lot at home…once I can control myself at home I’ll be good

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Can we stop with this?

Dude needs to learn better overall eating habits that will last. Not starting a cycle of restriction that's based cramming meals into an arbitrary 8 hour window.

He’s in this because he doesn’t have discipline so advising him to restrict this way may not be the best idea.

Marci-Senpai

Daps
Reppin
May 2020 I was diagnosed as Type 2 diabetic. Blood Sugar was syrup. Through a strict diet and committed exercise plan, I have lost 90lbs and I take zero medicine. It was hard and I wanted to quit. But, You stick it out and once you lose 5-10lbs you will be motivated to continue.
My aunty died from sugar and my dad just got his pinky toe amputated because he has diabetes..watching him stick himself with needles everyday is fukked up man I looked at my self today in a camera and I looked terrible and big as fukk..my arms chest and stomach are super big…I gatta make this change brehs…I’m gonna start with intermittent fasting and walking and see how far that takes me down the rabbit hole of losing weight..wish me luck brehs and I really do appreciate all the positivity in this thread I’m gonna update my journey in this thread

Marci-Senpai

Daps
Reppin
Can we stop with this?

Dude needs to learn better overall eating habits that will last. Not starting a cycle of restriction that's based cramming meals into an arbitrary 8 hour window.

He’s in this because he doesn’t have discipline so advising him to restrict this way may not be the best idea.
Discipline is my problem yes but I’m ready now…no better time than right now! And I ain’t bullshytting no more I don’t want to be sitting in a hospital bed crying over things I can literally change right now ya kno..I value my life

Ninerfan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My aunty died from sugar and my dad just got his pinky toe amputated because he has diabetes..watching him stick himself with needles everyday is fukked up man I looked at my self today in a camera and I looked terrible and big as fukk..my arms chest and stomach are super big…I gatta make this change brehs…I’m gonna start with intermittent fasting and walking and see how far that takes me down the rabbit hole of losing weight..wish me luck brehs and I really do appreciate all the positivity in this thread I’m gonna update my journey in this thread
You can do it breh. All you need is discipline and motivation. You can find that within yourself. Don’t get discouraged and don’t quit. You can do it. When you walk, Take one more step than you take the day before. Eggs, Oatmeal, Broccoli, Chicken, Fish. Those are your friends now. Get familiar

Marci-Senpai

Daps
Reppin
You can do it breh. All you need is discipline and motivation. You can find that within yourself. Don’t get discouraged and don’t quit. You can do it. When you walk, Take one more step than you take the day before. Eggs, Oatmeal, Broccoli, Chicken, Fish. Those are your friends now. Get familiar
Respect my guy…thanks

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Can we stop with this?

this...fasting is nice but when youre 319 lbs you gotta be physically active..more important..else youre just going to yoyo in weight

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
OP, take it in 5lbs increments. And take a picture at each 5lbs increment as well.

320 -> 315 -> etc. Very important to visualize your progress, it’ll help you when you get closer to your goal. You’ll know how far you came and where you don’t wanna go back to.

Like @patscorpio said, at 320, you need to be physically active. You can start with 45 mins of brisk walking and light weights. Do that CONSISTENTLY for a month, then graduate to things more intense. As you drop weight, you’ll relieve pressure on your joints and can do more physical activity.

Marci-Senpai

Daps
Reppin
I haven’t eaten all day just came home and weighed myself the scale says 313 lbs from yesterdays 316…that motivated the hell out of me…I’m just gonna drink a cup of tea and call it a day