Damn losing weight is the hardest thing I’ve ever tried to do in life brehs

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
:whew: just came from walking…did 3 laps around the track 2 without stopping…winded..plan on doing this everyday from now on…already ate for the day so I’m not eating anything else..I agree with y’all tho
I would really look at eating reasonably more than once a day. You really need to build a better understanding on that front. Restricting yourself is going to keep leading back to what happened the last few days.

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I forgot to come back to this, but I've had a read, imma keep it real with you.

At your size, you need to make small and sustainable changes, you should have been spinning your wheels long enough by now to realize that these extreme diets or exercise right now is not sustainable for you.

Excercising is great and all but you need to keep it real and understand you are way over eating and destroying any progress made.

You started this thread in September, its been about 25 weeks. You could have taken it slow and steady and lost 2lbs a week for a total of 50lbs by now. Even 1lb a week is still 25 down.

So how do I suggest you approach it? You need to start building healthier habits. LITTLE BY LITTLE, I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

1) Start to improve your diet a little bit, cut out soda for a week, then make a goal of two weeks, then continue etc. If you find thats too hard cut out soda for a single meal, do that for a week, then make it two meals etc. Then start replacing a meal with a salad (the earlier in the day the meal is, the stronger your will power, if you tell yourself you are going to have a salad for dinner and eat bullshyt up until then, its real easy to just say fukk it at the end of the day too)

2) Walk a little bit regularly and build upon it. Don't worry about clocking in an hour walk one day then taking 5 days to recover. Walk for 20 mins, 3 times a week for example. Then increase to 30 mins, over time you can then increase the days / duration of the walk.

There are so many methods that I could reel off as many in the thread have done but I'll just echo what @The ADD has been saying, you are almost guranteed to end up right back where you started if you try to dive right in with all this complex shyt, you need to keep it real simple and keep it real with yourself. Hopefully, over time, you start to find your own motivation and your own reasons to keep going.

I'll just leave you with this interesting journey, if you listen, I suggest to listen to the whole thing so you have full context but there is nothing I or anyone can really tell you, it has to come from you.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
No offense OP but you really don't want it. I haven't been keeping up but I just read your last few posts and it comes off as someone who is trolling. It's your life and if you're happy more power to you.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Most people will approach this from the wrong perspective. This is battling an addiction. I would argue, especially if you got to 300+ pounds, that most people even here can't grasp what you're going through.

Most addicts can battle their addiction through avoidance. So people aren't going to relate to battling an addiction that can never be avoided. You have to eat to live.

I would say the first thing you should do is download a food tracker like Lost it or Myfitnesspal and track everything you eat.

Secondly I'd get a fitness tracker especially like an Apple Watch that takes a gamify like approach. Add to that a digital scale like Withings so you can weigh yourself and have it upload your weight.

Third drop all liquid calories. Either diet soda or water or those packets or artificial sweetener drinks that Crystal Light or Hawaiian Punch makes.

Fourth is get an air fryer and an instant pot pressure cooker. These two things make it easy to prepare your own meals. Pick a day of the week and bulk prepare your meals. Put them in Tupperware or glass containers. Avoid fast food by using those meals.

Fifth is to find some vegetables you like and start incorporating them into your diet. Make the tradeoff I can have the fried chicken in the air fryer if I eat the vegetables with it in a large serving size.

You gonna need to battle your addiction slowly through building habits and momentum. The temptation will always be there to give into your addiction give up and just live with the results but never give into that.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No offense OP but you really don't want it. I haven't been keeping up but I just read your last few posts and it comes off as someone who is trolling. It's your life and if you're happy more power to you.

Are you going through something similar?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm trying keto right now
Been on it for about a week
No sugar, or starches (rice, potatoes, pasta)
Poultry, fish, nuts :dame: avocadoes, eggs & veggies
I'm definitely losing weight, I can feel it
Are you gonna live like that from now on? The real problem is you lose weight on a given diet if you ever come off it you'll be back to the same problem that got you the weight.

Thread starter is wrong. Losing weight is easy. I get that some people can't even do that but it isn't difficult. In the short term it's temporary behavioral changes. The difficult part is what happens once the weight is off. Life ends up happening and people go back to old habits that die hard.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Are you gonna live like that from now on? The real problem is you lose weight on a given diet if you ever come off it you'll be back to the same problem that got you the weight.

Thread starter is wrong. Losing weight is easy. I get that some people can't even do that but it isn't difficult. In the short term it's temporary behavioral changes. The difficult part is what happens once the weight is off. Life ends up happening and people go back to old habits that die hard.

nah I was only planning to be on it a month or two
I think I read long term it isn't healthy