Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
If you have a gaming PC, why would you need an Xbox? :jbhmm:
Will be interesting to see if Sony if goes day and date with PC releases. I heavily doubt it though, they still gonna make use wait a years for ports :mjcry:
you don't need an Xbox if you have a gaming PC, but plenty of people prefer a console over a PC for various reasons

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
His comment about the 11/10 games not moving the needle is unfair and defeatist, honestly.

PS4 had God of War, Last of Us 1 and 2, Spiderman, Ghost of Tsushima etc etc. They went hard as fukk with their owned studios and built an incredible catalog, while MS was doing God-knows-what that gen. They had absolutely nothing beyond Forza and a handful of others to show for it.

That relentless barrage of amazing games completely solidified PS4 as the top player. And he's right about that digital library living on, but what about all the studios you just bought? Where are the great exclusives?

WiiU was a flop of epic proportions, but beyond the gimmick of the Switch being new and unique hardware, the 1st party hitters (Zelda, Mario, Mariokart, Xenoblade) all dropped the first year and haven't let up since. Their fans pay full retail for ports and graphically inferior games, because they're usually THAT good

I'm sorry, but good games sell consoles. At least to me
Most switch games were Wii U ports. The Wii U still flopped.

For whatever reason y’all always reduce xbox games to “nothing” or they don’t count.

That’s exactly why he said what he did. People have their minds made up.

Xbox can release state of decay, sunset overdrive, Killer Instinct, ori, cuphead, Forza Horizon, Gears and somehow y’all still say they release no games.

Be real if Redfall was good, this conversation would be the damn same. Wasn’t nobody running out to buy an xbox for Redfall.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

For whatever reason y’all always reduce xbox games to “nothing” or they don’t count.

Xbox can release state of decay, sunset overdrive, Killer Instinct, Forza Horizon, Gears and somehow y’all still say they release no games.

Be real if Redfall was good this conversation would be the damn same. Wasn’t nobody running out to buy an xbox for Redfall.
This is not true

At least for me why would I say that?

I love Xbox I had all of them

You think this guy Spencer is doin a good job?

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
He's right tho. What the fukk is Starfield going to do at this point even if it scores an 11/10 :heh:

There's been entire PS IPs created and completed since the last Xbox 1P game worth playing.

Like forget Spider-Man 2 and Factions 2. Xbox still needs to make a game better than Uncharted 2.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Be real if Redfall was good this conversation would be the damn same

Naw, it wouldn’t and you know thats a lie.

People were hype as fukk on xbox after Hi- Fi Rush, it takes very little for fans and media to start chanting phil spencer/gamepass praises. If Redfall had come out and been a Dishonored/Prey level game, Microsoft would be gliding into E3 season.

People want consistency out of the brand, you saying them not releasing two back to back good games wouldn’t change anything is wrong. Their first big AAA game in two years from a beloved studio being this, is just a disaster.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
He's right tho. What the fukk is Starfield going to do at this point even if it scores an 11/10 :heh:

There's been entire PS IPs created and completed since the last Xbox 1P game worth playing.

Like forget Spider-Man 2 and Factions 2. Xbox still needs to make a game better than Uncharted 2.
Starfield is only ONE game

They need MORE than Starfield they need multiple great legendary exclusives

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

The truth is, is that they needed Redfall, Starfield, Minecraft, Forza, and whatever else they release this year to be high quality games, along with gamepass still being good, and then do it again next year, and the year after.

Starfield itself doesn’t mean shyt for xbox, even if its an elden ring/skyrim level success if the next game they drop after that is another dud. Microsoft needs its own ‘seal of quality’ that they still have not met

This is the case when you’re starting at a whole generation deficit of good software

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is not true

At least for me why would I say that?

I love Xbox I had all of them

You think this guy Spencer is doin a good job?
I’m playing more games for cheaper than i have in a long time.

Outside internet arguments about exclusive games which ultimately come down to very few and point of preference what has he done wrong?

The console is a good price and performance, lots of perks and value for users, etc, etc.

Now if you prefer the games on PS over xbox than that’s fine and that’s your point of preference, but to say xbox has not released any good games is just not true.
Naw, it wouldn’t and you know thats a lie.

People were hype as fukk on xbox after Hi- Fi Rush, it takes very little for fans and media to start chanting phil spencer/gamepass praises. If Redfall had come out and been a Dishonored/Prey level game, Microsoft would be gliding into E3 season.

People want consistency out of the brand, you saying them not releasing two back to back good games wouldn’t change anything is wrong. Their first big AAA game in two years from a beloved studio being this, is just a disaster.
Yes the fukk it would.

Y’all already decided Hi-Fi rush didn’t count and would have found a reason with Redfall.

Stop the nonsense. Y’all already done got to work on starfield too :mjlol:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
he talks about releasing a game every quarter. so far they've done that this year. we'll see what 'surprises' and updates they have June 11th

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You got the wrong person.

You don’t see me here talking about console sales or which console is better.

I’ve said a long time ago console sales are not a metric of success for microsoft. They’ve said it now multiple times. They put all their games on literally any screen on earth DAY ONE for a small subscription fee. They aren’t trying to sell as many consoles as possible. That market is done. They know they will never sell more consoles than sony or nintendo.

When big businesses make big investments they make them for growth. That’s why they spent 70b on activision just to NOT make the games exclusive. The growth in gaming over the last two decades has all been PC, Cloud, Mobile. Consoles have been stagnant.

Why fight sony over 150 million gamers when they can reach to billions of gamers elsewhere??
You don’t do that because you’ll lose.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Xbox can release state of decay, sunset overdrive, Killer Instinct, ori, cuphead, Forza Horizon, Gears and somehow y’all still say they release no games.

Be real if Redfall was good, this conversation would be the damn same. Wasn’t nobody running out to buy an xbox for Redfall.
Most Switch games are not ports, many are but not all and far from it. Those games were unfortunately trapped on trash hardware and further speaks to the benefit of having good exclusive games that you can remaster, remake or port when things are slower in the dev cycle.

Those Xbox games you mentioned are fine, pretty good mostly, but not major games, sellers or GOTY contenders.

Redfall is just yet another example of MS failing to bring out a game that people want and enjoy. Pentiment, High on Life and Hifi Rush are a start, but these are smaller budget games and Redfall is where they needed to get it right