Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Real talk it killed jrpgs. That's all Sony nerds would talk about. But then halo dropped. Halo alone moved 360s by the boat. Game pass looking crazy light in comparison to the 360 library.

On the flip side I don't feel like Sony is anything special this gen either. It's an odd gen to me.
If you are strictly a console gamer, this gen has been mid as fukk as far as exclusives both ways.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
“The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste. They have absolutely no taste. And I don’t mean that in a small way, I mean that in a big way, in the sense that they don’t think of original ideas, and they don’t bring much culture into their products.”

Steve Jobs

And this is what I been said. You can't just buy and muscle your way to creativity. You can't just buy all the toys off the shelf so the other person can't have them, to guarantee a sure fire W.

Half A $

Pro
Daps
And this is what I been said. You can't just buy and muscle your way to creativity. You can't just buy all the toys off the shelf so the other person can't have them, to guarantee a sure fire W.
And even when they flex their money and buy COD to replace Halo which they run into the ground.... they still got to release it on every other system :mjlol:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Real talk it killed jrpgs. That's all Sony nerds would talk about. But then halo dropped. Halo alone moved 360s by the boat. Game pass looking crazy light in comparison to the 360 library.

On the flip side I don't feel like Sony is anything special this gen either. It's an odd gen to me.
OG xbox set the tone for the dudebros, 360 was the peak where it balanced dudebros with strong 3rd party games that benefitted from xbox live multiplayer, then it was all down hill from there

this is an odd gen because of this cross-gen stuff and covid.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And even when they flex their money and buy COD to replace Halo which they run into the ground.... they still got to release it on every other system :mjlol:

Like i said, Microsoft is just turning into a western Tencent, they are just buying everything they can but they are lacking a true identity.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
There's a reason why everyone last gen was telling Microsoft to have more DIVERSITY in their library because that's what got a lot of people fukking with the OG Xbox and the 360 in the first place outside of Forza, Gears and Halo.

To be honest, we take the 2000's for granted in terms of gaming. You have to realize that the niche platform back then was PC. So consoles had to have EVERYTHING. What that ended up doing was create two of the best libraries of all time (PS2 and 360). But the moment the internet hit and people realized PCs could blow consoles out of the water graphically, that started to shift. In addition to some landmark titles like Half-Life/Counter-Strike and World Of Warcraft.
Once online gaming really became a thing, PC became the dominant platform because you were already connected via PC. That's what really began to shift the landscape.

But at the end of the PS3/360, when CoD really became the cultural phenomenon it is, the console industry (mostly Microsoft) said..."wait, we can get normies with this." :patrice:and the paradigm forever changed. That's why TV/Kinect was such a cornerstone of the XB1 marketing. They thought they'd convince moms and grandparents to use the machine too, but Wii already had that market on lock.
Nintendo was smart about the shyt. They realized the handheld market belongs to them and they were cool being everyone's 2nd console for the rest of time.