Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They’ve had plenty of new games this gen and have more than 25 in the works.

What AAA exclusives have they released this gen, realistically, don’t give me shyt like pentiment, as dusk falls, ghostwire, deathloop. Like actual xbox games that people will go out and buy an xbox for. Let’s be honest

Not talking about games you like that you tried on gamepass, like actual system sellers

drifter

Superstar
Daps
They're clearly trying to tank the brand
I think they had a lot riding on Activision and they don't know what to do now

He can't even pretend the Xbox is something people want look at the way he was talking about it lmao. If I'm looking to buy a console why it would be an Xbox off that clip

Even if everybody knows all that is true let these Coli nikkas spend all day arguing about it you can't come out and say you have nothing

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His comment about the 11/10 games not moving the needle is unfair and defeatist, honestly.

PS4 had God of War, Last of Us 1 and 2, Spiderman, Ghost of Tsushima etc etc. They went hard as fukk with their owned studios and built an incredible catalog, while MS was doing God-knows-what that gen. They had absolutely nothing beyond Forza and a handful of others to show for it.

That relentless barrage of amazing games completely solidified PS4 as the top player. And he's right about that digital library living on, but what about all the studios you just bought? Where are the great exclusives?

WiiU was a flop of epic proportions, but beyond the gimmick of the Switch being new and unique hardware, the 1st party hitters (Zelda, Mario, Mariokart, Xenoblade) all dropped the first year and haven't let up since. Their fans pay full retail for ports and graphically inferior games, because they're usually THAT good

I'm sorry, but good games sell consoles. At least to me
Nah you’re 100% correct

Those games along with Miles Morales, FF7, Horizon, Uncharted 4 & Lost Legacy, Death Stranding (tho I get it isn’t for everyone)…obviously a gamers personal taste factors into this, but regardless there is no denying their lineup last gen was fukking crazy,

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
nintendo's ecosystem is absolutely horrendous and has burned people in the past and yet they have sold a ton of hardware. this is a cop out.
Nintendo is for kids though

I think they recognized and marketed their stuff towards younger kids for awhile now

My kids have Switches I don’t need to play it

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
If you have a gaming PC, why would you need an Xbox? :jbhmm:
Will be interesting to see if Sony if goes day and date with PC releases. I heavily doubt it though, they still gonna make use wait a years for ports :mjcry:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think they had a lot riding on Activision and they don't know what to do now

He can't even pretend the Xbox is something people want look at the way he was talking about it lmao. If I'm looking to buy a console why it would be an Xbox off that clip

Even if everybody knows all that is true let these Coli nikkas spend all day arguing about it you can't come out and say that. That's an ad for Sony/Nintendo lol
They gonna hear phil say that and still pretend its the entire games market thats lacking.

Meanwhile Pokemon, Hogwarts, Elden Ring, God of War, etc. all breaking records

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What AAA exclusives have they released this gen, realistically, don’t give me shyt like pentiment, as dusk falls, ghostwire, deathloop. Like actual xbox games that people will go out and buy an xbox for. Let’s be honest
You guys make this moving goalposts distinction of “AAA exclusive” game so you can include/exclude games at will.

In reality PS5 doesn’t have any “AAA exclusives”

Both sony and Microsoft have very different strategies. Sony wants to make as much money off the “high end console” market as possible. Microsoft wants to make money off as many users as possible no matter where they play.

Microsoft keeps saying over and over again they want as many active users as possible wherever they play, they put their games on all types of screens that don’t have an xbox attached to them and literally every month y’all run to this forum and pretend to be surprised when they don’t sell as many consoles.

Stop it :mjlol:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
You guys make this moving goalposts distinction of “AAA exclusive” game so you can include/exclude games at will.

Both sony and Microsoft have very different strategies. Sony wants to make as much money off the “high end console” market as possible. Microsoft wants to make money off as many users as possible no matter where they play.

Microsoft keeps saying over and over again they want as many active users as possible wherever they play, they put their games on all types of screens that don’t have an xbox attached to them and literally every month y’all run to this forum and pretend to be surprised when they don’t sell as many consoles.

Stop it :mjlol:
I think you’re a good poster but how can you say this :pachaha:

Last edited:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Nintendo is for kids though

I think they recognized and marketed their stuff towards younger kids for awhile now

My kids have Switches I don’t need to play it
it's also for nostalgic millennials. they arent making new metroid and fire emblem games for kids. that is a niche

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

This isn’t true though, and no goalpost have been moved.

I count Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite as AAA exclusives for xbox, those are reasons someone would go out and buy an xbox console. Among sony, its R&C, God of War, Spider-Man, Horizon, Gran Turismo, etc.

Sony have been releasing big games every year. Microsoft has not released a game that actually has physical copies on the shelves since Halo Infinte. Its not a goalpost its the reality. Their first major game since then is Redfall, this is why all this is currently happening.