Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Let’s be real if Hi-Fi Rush was on PS5 or exclusive no one what have gave a fukk about that game because of the high quality triple A exclusives it provides. All Microsoft needs to do is provide amazing exclusive experiences on their platform. Microsoft should be at a point where they are almost dropping a game every month on game pass which necessarily doesn’t need to be triple AAA it could even be indie games. Atleast until the triple AAA games are ready. I think gamepass is a good platform for indie devs and instead of looking at activision purchase Microsoft should be investing heavily in that department. Especially since gamepass is Also on PC.

Digital Devolver probably would have been a better purchase for them over Activision.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
What i dont get is that he's the head of xbox, he cares so much more about gamepass competing with amazon and netflix... he's not realizing no one gonna buy into game pass without quality games!!! :mindblown: you the head of xbox make it make sense, where's the quality games? why you so focused on gamepass instead of building games that make players want an xbox!? you did all this to cripple sony by hoarding 3rd party game makers you already have enough to compete and still failing!!!:why:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Considering they beat Sony before what he said isn't true. Sony did help them with the price tag, making the PS3 hard to develop for and not prioritizing online play but if MS didn't have XBL, better running games, and exclusive DLCs locked up people would've just bought a PS3 since they more than likely had a PS2. They gave people multiple reasons to switch over and people did that

There is some "stickiness" as far as library but this isn't a iPhone/Android scenario. People don't want to buy apps all over again which is why they keep the OS they have, even though you can switch data across platforms easy enough. 97% people aren't going back to play last gen games, so he's wrong, each console cycle you get more of a clean slate than the smartphone world

It's on MS to deliver services and games to make people switch habits again and Gamepass clearly ain't working for Xbox or pushing people to PC either. Is it tough, yeah, is it impossible? No. And that's what they should be spending 68 billion to figure out.

I heard a lot of "We want Xbox players to feel important but let's get real..." so if I had no PC and just a Xbox I'd be super concerned about the door stopper I spent 500 on

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Son I watched what u watched. He basically sounds like he gave up. Look at his body language. It's not only about what he says. It's about how he says it. On top of that. He was wrong. Games absolutely would help Microsoft. People want games. Not all of that other bullshyt. As u can see by the success of the Switch after the failure of the WiiU.
he doesn't say games won't help Microsoft, and he's still saying the games are coming. we'll have to see what they have to show June 11th

I think it would have been insulting if he came out all chipper, and fronting like everything's ok. he just got hit with a 1-2 punch, with the CMA and Redfall, and the EU and FTC are still looming

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Considering they beat Sony before what he said isn't true. Sony did help them with the price tag, making the PS3 hard to develop for and not prioritizing online play but if MS didn't have XBL and better looking/running 3rd party games, people would've just bought a PS3 since they more than likely had a PS2. They gave people multiple reasons to switch over and people did that

There is some "stickiness" as far as library but this isn't a iPhone/Android scenario. People don't want to buy apps all over again which is why they keep the OS they have, even though you can switch data across platforms easy enough. 97% people aren't going back to play last gen games, so he's wrong, each console cycle you get more of a clean slate than the smartphone world

It's on MS to deliver services and games to make people switch habits again and Gamepass clearly ain't working for Xbox or pushing people to PC either. Is it tough, yeah, is it impossible? No. And that's what they should be spending 68 billion to figure out.

I heard a lot of "We want Xbox players to feel important but let's get real..." so if I had no PC and just a Xbox I'd be super concerned about the door stopper I spent 500 on
First of all they never beat Sony. Sony still sold more consoles with the PS3. They had a great head start and still tripped and rolled to the finish line after Sony cleared it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So why do u participate in console wars so hard if this is the case?
You got the wrong person.

You don’t see me here talking about console sales or which console is better.

I’ve said a long time ago console sales are not a metric of success for microsoft. They’ve said it now multiple times. They put all their games on literally any screen on earth DAY ONE for a small subscription fee. They aren’t trying to sell as many consoles as possible. That market is done. They know they will never sell more consoles than sony or nintendo.

When big businesses make big investments they make them for growth. That’s why they spent 70b on activision just to NOT make the games exclusive. The growth in gaming over the last two decades has all been PC, Cloud, Mobile. Consoles have been stagnant.

Why fight sony over 150 million gamers when they can reach to billions of gamers elsewhere??

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You got the wrong person.

You don’t see me here talking about console sales or which console is better.

I’ve said a long time ago console sales are not a metric of success for microsoft. They’ve said it now multiple times. They put all their games on literally any screen on earth DAY ONE for a small subscription fee. They aren’t trying to sell as many consoles as possible. That market is done. They know they will never sell more consoles than sony or nintendo.

When big businesses make big investments they make them for growth. That’s why they spent 70b on activision just to NOT make the games exclusive. The growth in gaming over the last two decades has all been PC, Cloud, Mobile. Consoles have been stagnant.

Why fight sony over 150 million gamers when they can reach to billions of gamers elsewhere??
Which I Agree the deal for Activision with Microsoft was to give them more leverage to put gamepass on Sony consoles.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
First of all they never beat Sony. Sony still sold more consoles with the PS3.
360 sales stopped being counted in 2014 with 84 million. PS3 off the back of TLOU and other games released late cycle ended up at 87.4 million after 3 more years and 4 years into the start of a new gen. 360 dominated that gen until they ran out of games it's not up for debate

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
360 sales stopped being counted in 2014 with 84 million. PS3 off the back of TLOU and other games released late cycle ended up at 87.4 million after 3 more years and 4 years into the start of a new gen. 360 dominated that gen until they ran out of games it's not up for debate
:what: Bruh you realize 360 had almost a year advantage over PS3 as well. You xbots sure love moving the goal posts on this shyt.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
he conceded a lot of the points yall are making. did you want him to come out and act like everything's ok?

all they can do is move forward, and hopefully learn from their mistakes

he did make a good point about taking risks. in this age of remakes and sequels, tying something new is inherently risky, and could end in failure, but it has to be done to make any kind of progress
But why is it so hard?

They had some good shyt in the pipeline

That Ryse shyt, Dead Rising, State of Decay

Why is he so stupid?

I guess gamepass was a win but like duke said that cannot be your focus. Playing old games

This is crazy to me :pachaha:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
the only real annoying thing to me is xbox stans that constantly excuse their incompetence when it comes to games. People will sit up on the internet talking about how exclusives don’t matter, creating good first party games don’t matter, we’re all playing multiplatform games, the other platform isn’t releasing current gen games, blah blah. It’s always in a defensive mode of downplaying exclusives

Always excusing microsofts bullshyt, now that phil is saying games aren’t gonna make a difference i expect them to parrot this even more.

If Microsoft had a stable of great first party games last gen (aside from Ori and Forza) they would be in a much more competitive position right now but stans say otherwise

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
But why is is so hard?

Thad some good shyt in the pipeline

That Ryse shyt, Dead Rising, State of Decay

Why is he so stupid?

I guess gamepass was a win but like duke said that cannot be your focus. Playing old games

This is crazy to me :pachaha:
Y’all act like the good games don’t exist for whatever reason.