Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Lesbianest....Xbox version woulda been cheeks if they didn't let Insomniac do it.

Even still, Insomniac got a lot of help from Sony with additional resources and support, Mark Cerny himself helped on the project.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nintendo is nintendo, people aren't abandoning nintendo. On top of that Nintendo didn't turn around the wii u success with just great games for the switch, most people complain about the "quality of the games on the switch because of the hardware. The system and the brand itself is what made switch a success, a lot of games on switch or just HD remakes of games you can't buy on the wii u.
Sony turned around the PS3 because it started locking down deals and because Japan.

A key factor yall are missing is Japan and Sony locking down deals. Everything else is just noise, Until Xbox has a decent foot place in Japan and content from japan 3rd place is just a place they'll have to be happy in the current metrics of what makes the market.

:wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I want to admit that I was wrong.

In the past, I said Phil was a good leader for Xbox. He's not. The strategy that he set out is the reason that they are in the space they are in today and were unable to reverse fortune from the Xbox One generation since he believes that it was/is an impossible task.

Nintendo turned around the WiiU failure with great games for the Switch.

Sony turned around the poor PS3 launch with consistently great titles in the latter half of PS3 years and continued the momentum with PS4.

PS5 is doing well not just because of continuity, it's doing well because it launched with games and they have continued to release quality games at a good rate.

There are many people in the console space who view new generations as fresh starts. Anecdotally, I have a few friends who switched from Xbox One to PS5 since they felt Xbox wasn't doing enough. A huge part of the market doesn't care about their old console's digital libraries as they don't go back and play old games.

Xbox console owners or supporters should feel smacked in the face with the last answer in the Kinda Funny Xcast interview. One of the interviewers asked about the console experience and Phil basically replied thats the console isn't our focus. The console portion of the Xbox platform is just one of the aspects of their strategy so you kinda just get what you get.

I really can't believe he said that thing about games not changing the situation. The games are everything. It's really that simple, it's about the games.

Bring back J Allard and Peter Moore.
Yall speak of games in vague concepts. I keep trying to tell people you aren't coming to market and putting out essentially the same product a competitor is that already has an audience and beating them at their own game. Sony fans are content with that they have. If you can't offer something that is at least a bit unique it's not going to work.

As a PlayStation buyer there isn't a game Microsoft is ever going to make that's going to convince me to buy an Xbox over a PlayStation if I'm only interested in buying one of the two.

Nintendo found success because they aren't trying to recreate PlayStation and appeal to the same young male demographic. There's room for success but not in the same lane.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Yall speak of games in vague concepts. I keep trying to tell people you aren't coming to market and putting out essentially the same product a competitor is that already has an audience and beating them at their own game. Sony fans are content with that they have. If you can't offer something that is at least a bit unique it's not going to work.

As a PlayStation buyer there isn't a game Microsoft is ever going to make that's going to convince me to buy an Xbox over a PlayStation if I'm only interested in buying one of the two.

Nintendo found success because they aren't trying to recreate PlayStation and appeal to the same young male demographic. There's room for success but not in the same lane.
Feels like folks just want to be pushed back into that era where everything was either a doom clone or a StarCraft clone, but with movie games. :francis:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This is the problem with this logic, they don't have to "beat" Sony. Everything doesn't have to be zero sum game. A great game is a great game. It doesn't need to be a 20 million seller.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Feels like folks just want to be pushed back into that era where everything was either a doom clone or a StarCraft clone, but with movie games. :francis:
You say this as if every era didn't have its own clone wars and template tentpole of games of whichever genre was the hottest at the time. And people want to go back because of rose tinted glasses of nostalgia design got nikkas wanting to feel like a kid again and shyt. They fail realize you never gon bring that old thing back. Always moving forward, stupid, here's another classic.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
You say this as if every era didn't have its own clone wars and template tentpole of games of whichever genre was the hottest at the time. And people want to go back because of rose tinted glasses of nostalgia design got nikkas wanting to feel like a kid again and shyt. They fail realize you never gon bring that old thing back. Always moving forward, stupid, here's another classic.
I say this like folks do this every gen and all you get is a bunch of duds.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What are you even trying to prove here? None of this has anything to do with the thread:dahell:
You right, it's only partially related to this thread, I'll go ahead a create a full thread dedicated to the "Xbox's" understanding Sony and gaming better than Sony stans.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Except you don't get just a bunch of duds, so you just talking to be talking
Right because trying to turn RDR2 into GTA online was a huge success.

Or every shooter into a battle royale didn’t get old.

Or making every sports game a 2k VC factory hasn’t stifled those genres.

Let’s not even get on how attempting to turn everything into the next destiny killed the division, anthem, crackdown, no man’s sky, battlefront ii, and on and on and on.

But y’all don’t play those games so you probably wouldn’t know . :pachaha: