Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self

This article is redundant. Microsoft was already supposedly working on releasing quality games. That was what the acquisitions were for.

There is no way at this point in the console generation should anybody be saying "I'm glad the Activision deal didn't go through, because now they can focus on releasing quality, innovative games to get out of the hole!" Man that was supposed to be the focus this gen from jump street. I keep going back to that one E3 where avowed was shown. That presentation was supposed to show that the games were coming and this gen would be different from last. But that doesn't been the case. Where are all those games?

The truth is this gen has been a disaster for them, just like last gen was. They're in the same deficit they were in before. All signs point to Phil needing to go. There are no if, and or buts about it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This article is redundant. Microsoft was already supposedly working on releasing quality games. That was what the acquisitions were for.

There is no way at this point in the console generation should anybody be saying "I'm glad the Activision deal didn't go through, because now they can focus on releasing quality, innovative games to get out of the hole!" Man that was supposed to be the focus this gen from jump street. I keep going back to that one E3 where avowed was shown. That presentation was supposed to show that the games were coming and this gen would be different from last. But that doesn't been the case. Where are all those games?

The truth is this gen has been a disaster for them, just like last gen was. They're in the same deficit they were in before. All signs point to Phil needing to go. There are no if, and or buts about it.

Everyone thought they stopped releasing game last gen becuase they were cooking up games this gen. Its wild that they still launched their console with no new games and still going on a 3 year drought into the next gen

You got the CEO on a podcast apologizing to fans every single year

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
exclusives sell systems a lot of people drop out of the Nintendo eco system till breath of the wild

i skip the ps3 and only bought a ps4 cause of spider-man

xbox needs some quality games to make it a better eco system.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
exclusives sell systems a lot of people drop out of the Nintendo eco system till breath of the wild

Apparently exclusives don’t matter on nintendo either

Nintendo isn't at the top because of exclusives, it's because of their brand and quality.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

is it really getting back into the eco system if the intention is to play one, or only a few, games?

Phil agrees

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Apparently exclusives don’t matter on nintendo eit

is it really getting back into the eco system if the intention is to play one, or only a few, games?

Phil agrees
i mean once you own the thing it a part of your life - you buy more stuff as long as stuff, you like is coming to that platform.

a bunch people bought the wii for like wi sports or rock band and played nothing else

So animal Crossing is like that like switch got a boost cause of that game and covid

but nintendo drop like Splatoon 2, Mario odyssey, and smash brother in like a year and change after launch so it kept people buying and playing

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i mean once you own the thing it a part of your life - you buy more stuff as long as stuff, you like is coming to that platform.

a bunch people bought the wii for like wi sports or rock band and played nothing else

So animal Crossing is like that like switch got a boost cause of that game and covid

but nintendo drop like Splatoon 2, Mario odyssey, and smash brother in like a year and change after launch so it kept people buying and playing

Yep. Thats what people don’t understand, “exclusives’ don’t have to be the most played or the most bought, they are the bait to get you to purchase to hardware and into the ecosystem.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

I bought a switch to play Zelda and Metroid. I honestly bought and played some of those other games, but really wasn't into them. now it collects dust

am I part of their 'ecosystem'? I guess. but I don't think I'm the kind of customer that really supports their platform

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
also i think xbox whole way of doing this is kind of wrong

thye keep going after hardcore older male gamers - red fall - the bethesda deal - Halo infinite - Starfield

All that to appeal to guys 25 and older

you can open your market up ... where the xbox fortnite or rocket league - Animal Crossing - Candy crush - wii sports Etc

there a lot casual gamers that buy one or two games a year or play a free to play and buy a battle pass -

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I bought a switch to play Zelda and Metroid. I honestly bought and played some of those other games, but really wasn't into them. now it collects dust

am I part of their 'ecosystem'? I guess. but I don't think I'm the kind of customer that really supports their platform

You’re most likely the majority of what the Nintendo audience is, people that buy the hardware, buy zelda, mario kart, smash bros, and nothing else for years. Thats why the charts are always filled with evergreens, its people buying a switch and the same 5-10 games

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps

thye keep going after hardcore older male gamers - red fall - the bethesda deal - Halo infinite - Starfield

you can open your market up ... where the xbox fortnite or rocket league - Animal Crossing - Candy crush - wii sports Etc

there a lot casual gamers that buy one or two games a year or play a free to play and buy a battle pass -
Xbox hasn’t been a dudebro machine since the Xbox one.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

To be fair they do have a lot of online cartoony games that probably appeal to those types of people. I dont think the hardcore gaming market cares for their offerings like that

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

most of the games those 'casual gamers' play are multiplatform, and available on Xbox. for those players the thing that's usually important is where their online friends play