Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I bought a switch to play Zelda and Metroid. I honestly bought and played some of those other games, but really wasn't into them. now it collects dust

am I part of their 'ecosystem'? I guess. but I don't think I'm the kind of customer that really supports their platform

You’re most likely the majority of what the Nintendo audience is, people that buy the hardware, buy zelda, mario kart, smash bros, and nothing else for years. Thats why the charts are always filled with evergreens, its people buying a switch and the same 5-10 games
Nintendo is different in that they make profit off hardware. If you buy zero games you are still a successful customer for them.

Sony and microsoft need you to be spending lots of money on software/services so if you are not part of their “ecosystem” and only buy a game or two they actually lost money on you as a customer.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Everyone thought they stopped releasing game last gen becuase they were cooking up games this gen. Its wild that they still launched their console with no new games and still going on a 3 year drought into the next gen

You got the CEO on a podcast apologizing to fans every single year
There's no way he's not out of a job by 2024. I think they're even further behind now than they were with the Xbox one at this juncture. And yes that's what everyone thought. And since they've only had, what 3 or 4 exclusives in 3 years we know that wasn't entirely the case. Either way everyone suspected Phil was a fraud, and now he's getting exposed.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh:It stills blows my mind how Spider-Man, GTA, and RE4. Could’ve been Xbox exclusives. Can y’all imagine that timeline.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
most of the games those 'casual gamers' play are multiplatform, and available on Xbox. for those players the thing that's usually important is where their online friends play
what i mean is xbox should have a franchise or two that appeal to casuals for their platform and game pass - if a game takes off more people would get a xbox or game pass subscription

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
what i mean is xbox should have a franchise or two that appeal to casuals for their platform and game pass - if a game takes off more people would get a xbox or game pass subscription
not sure what you consider “casual” but games like Sea of Thieves and minecraft get lots of players.