Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No, he’s saying folks is lying again.

“We don’t want to take market share,
“Market Share” = High end consoles sales.

There’s 3 Billion gamers outside of “high end consoles”.

Those are the people xbox is trying to reach to.

but let’s buy all the developers and remove content from other consoles.”
The Activision deal is based on the idea of putting those games on as many platforms as possible.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
According to y'all they don't care about consoles, they want to grow without taking market space from Sony/Nintendo.

Removing games from those systems is essentially removing market share.

I do like how meech clipped up my quote to fit his talking point tho.

:mjlol:

Last edited:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The king of removing content from other platforms is Sony. there is a laundry list of small and large 3rd party exclusives that aren't on xbox still since ps4. Most of those aren't because they just don't want to release it on xbox. They are incentivized not too. So who is really removing content from other platforms?

MS even if they remove a game or a series from PS, it automatically is added to the PC pool, so even at the very worse it's a 1 for 1 trade off on playerbase.
You do understand these developers/publishers can say no right? Maybe some of these developers look at the xbox platform and don't think their game will sell well there.

If 80%+ of sales are coming from PS, why not sign an exclusive deal for a few years?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
According to y'all they don't care about consoles, they want to grow without taking market space from Sony/Nintendo.

Removing games from those systems are essentially removing market share.
Again, go look up the definition of what these words mean.

When they are talking about “market share” they are talking about console sales.

The “console market” is about 300 million consoles at any given point.

There’s more than 3Billion people playing games on earth right now.

What microsoft has said and continues to say is they’d rather attract some of that 3billion than to fight Sony and Nintendo over the 300 million.

It’s not even a difficult thing to understand. It makes all the sense in the world if you weren’t playing dumb for daps from Gizmo and the rest of the sony stan coalition :smh:
I do like how meech clipped up my quote to fit his talking point tho.

:mjlol:
I addressed the two different strawmen you set up in your post.

Same as i did here :ehh:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
he's saying the regardless of how good a game is, it's probably not gonna be enough to pull people away from another ecosystem. I'm sure Sony Stans agree
That’s not true though. I was team 360. Until I saw all the games that I was missing out on for the PS3. Switched to PS4 the next gen and haven’t looked back.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Again, go look up the definition of what these words mean.

When they are talking about “market share” they are talking about console sales.

The “console market” is about 300 million consoles at any given point.

There’s more than 3Billion people playing games on earth right now.

What microsoft has said and continues to say is they’d rather attract some of that 3billion than to fight Sony and Nintendo over the 300 million.

It’s not even a difficult thing to understand. It makes all the sense in the world if you weren’t playing dumb for daps from Gizmo and the rest of the sony stan coalition :smh:

I addressed the two different strawmen you set up in your post.

Same as i did here :ehh:
Aight, since you're being obtuse on purpose let me run it this way.

Starfield comes out to critical acclaim (game was supposed to be a PS5 and Xbox release before the acquisition) Less PS5s are sold because people have to play Starfield on Xbox now.

Therefor, Xbox would be gaining market share. They gained that market share by removing games from PS.

Is that simple enough for you?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Aight, since you're being obtuse on purpose let me run it this way.

Starfield comes out to critical acclaim (game was supposed to be a PS5 and Xbox release before the acquisition) Less PS5s are sold because people have to play Starfield on Xbox now.

Therefor, Xbox would be gaining market share. They gained that market share by removing games from PS.

Is that simple enough for you?
Very few people will decided to buy an xbox over a PS5 due one (or a few) games no matter how good they are.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Very few people will decided to buy an xbox over a PS5 due one (or a few) games no matter how good they are.
Be it 1000 or 1000000. It’s still taking market share.

And we can multiply that since all future Bethesda games are looking to be exclusive.

Same with Activision if the acquisition goes through.

This is all set to take market share from other consoles.

It’s as clear as day what they want to do for anyone not on M$ nutsack.

Now wipe your chin and quit being ignorant

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
That’s not true though. I was team 360. Until I saw all the games that I was missing out on for the PS3. Switched to PS4 the next gen and haven’t looked back.
he says that last gen was the worst to lose because that's when people built their digital libraries. now with backwards compatibility, people aren't quick to walk away from that. plus people established their online 'friends' on a particular platform, and that keeps them from moving somewhere else

games like Starfield might convince people to buy an Xbox, but his point is it isn't gonna cause a dramatic shift in the console landscape. but that doesn't mean that he doesn't think 'great games' are important. he still needs them to retain their current customers, and to attract more people to their service

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You do understand these developers/publishers can say no right? Maybe some of these developers look at the xbox platform and don't think their game will sell well there.

If 80%+ of sales are coming from PS, why not sign an exclusive deal for a few years?
They could say no but why would they? What would be the point on getting a crap deal and less potential overall all exposure even if tons of people on Xbox bought your game?

These dudes are trying to make money and grow IPs. Saying no to Sony so that something can release on Xbox for a faction of what it would get exposed to on playstation anyway is nuts.

Big 3rd party publishers and devs aren't just going to go against Sony because it's unfair to xbox:beli: or isolates Xbox players.

Which means MS would have to give out stupid money just to get it to be worth your average publishers worthwhile to even release a game when Sony enters deals with them

And it would be like that even if the console sales were, even or in MS favor.

MS would have to be winning across the world and or playstation would have to be a disaster to develop for or trying to take to much of sales for things to even being to shift which would take decades and could crumble with a single misstep.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Be it 1000 or 1000000. It’s still taking market share.

And we can multiply that since all future Bethesda games are looking to be exclusive.

Same with Activision if the acquisition goes through.

This is all set to take market share from other consoles.

It’s as clear as day what they want to do for anyone not on M$ nutsack.

Now wipe your chin and quit being ignorant
None of the games are “exclusive”. They can all be played on all types of different screens.

They obviously want to sell consoles, they just aren’t making that the number one priority.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:heh: if you still arguing with meach and titan after the past two weeks you wasting your short time on earth. go play some games.

even the dude who runs xbox has given up
:mjlol: the thing y'all claim to have the most of but do the least.