Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
Btw I haven't read the whole thread but forget Game Pass for sec the state of Games with Gold has also been abysmal after they were called out for the price hike a few years ago. Now its mostly shovelware. those that sub to that only instead gamepass are furious... just read the review sections of the Games with Gold and even other AAA games in the Microsoft store nothing but complaints about performance issues. I remember looking at Modern Warfare2 and couple other big games and people are complaining of game crashes, bugs etc that seem to take forever to get patched if at all. This is going on in their on review sections on the Xbox. Phil is asleep at the wheel or they just don't really give fukk as long as you sub is paid.

Last edited:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Well hopefully somebody else jumps into the console space, maybe Apple or google would try again cause it definitively sounds like Microsoft leaning towards the software side of the game, which isn’t a bad thing but I would like for there to be more than one console

But it would be disappointing if Microsoft abandoned xbox
:blessed:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
"I want to win more than I want the other guy to lose" WHAT THE fukk DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?! This dude is a fraud, point blank period. I bet his incompetence is even worse behind the scenes.

Pretty much the same thing he says now with a different spin on it “sony and nintendo aren’t the competition” “we dont want to get bigger by making sony smaller” etc, yet they are doing just that buying publishers lol

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I don't care about sales or who wins the console sales war. I care about games. I bought a Series X mainly for Starfield, but I was always interested in Redfall because I fukk with Arkane games. The fact that Redfall released in the state it is in when there are two other popular looter shooters that already have a blueprint you can follow at least for the basics(Destiny and The Division) screams that they have no idea what they are doing over there.

Starfield is their big game, it is now the game that the Xbox brand is riding on. Redfall could have been a mid experience entertainment wise and people would have been ok with it, if the game didn't come out a buggy fukking mess. Sometimes you hit sometimes you miss, I get that. But saying your internal reviewers thought the game was gonna get a 70 and then to see the actual release once again screams WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE ARE DOING. I hope the rumors that Starfield got all the help to get it ready are true, because if Starfield releases and it isn't at the least a very good game heads will roll at Microsoft whether they want it to or not. The backlash would be too great on that one.

All I saw out of Microsoft the past few years was a company that seems to be taking gaming serious finally, which is why I finally said let me support them since they are finally getting their heads out of their ass, this shyt is a huge red flag and not a good look at all, no matter how much you stan a company.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:hubie: The day when Halo can be played on a PlayStation console. Is going to be crazy. I still remember when Sonic Adventure 1&2 dropped on the GameCube.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
:hubie: The day when Halo can be played on a PlayStation console. Is going to be crazy. I still remember when Sonic Adventure 1&2 dropped on the GameCube.
It definitely feels like we heading towards that day

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Pretty much the same thing he says now with a different spin on it “sony and nintendo aren’t the competition” “we dont want to get bigger by making sony smaller” etc, yet they are doing just that buying publishers lol
Wait, so he has been saying the same shyt for years now, and y’all just act surprised every time??? :ohhh:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

So phil wanted to win the generation that he felt will be the most important generation for sometime to come:ohhh:
It's almost like he said something similar to that just recently. And since Xbox didn't win it, what did they pivot to towards the end of the generation?

Gamepass.

And when they shifted focus to that, their new competitors became people like google and amazon since they lost and took themselves out of the console race because of just how important getting a headstart with a digital footprint is.

Crazy it's almost like he actually sets out to do what he says.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No, he’s saying folks is lying again.

“We don’t want to take market share, but let’s buy all the developers and remove content from other consoles.
The king of removing content from other platforms is Sony. there is a laundry list of small and large 3rd party exclusives that aren't on xbox still since ps4. Most of those aren't because they just don't want to release it on xbox. They are incentivized not too. So who is really removing content from other platforms?

MS even if they remove a game or a series from PS, it automatically is added to the PC pool, so even at the very worse it's a 1 for 1 trade off on playerbase.