Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
People act like he's saying something new.

When Phil told yall he not looking at Nintendo or Sony as competitors yall acted like it he was just saying it to say it. He again tells you they aren't in the business of trying to out console sony or nintendo and yall are like "oooh they gave up"
Do you think someone that's out to sell the most console puts all there titles on PC and other streaming devices if the goal is to move consoles for profit?

When me and meach told you that pulling all those sales # threads up really don't mean much because that's not even a valid metric to judge MS success on. Great if they are moving a ton of consoles but overall it really don't mean a ton if they aren't as long as other metrics show growth.

When I told you exclusives don't matter over all and especially to MS because that isn't what is going to get them ahead yall act like I was saying something off the wall. When I told ya MS was going toward creating a ecosystem over everything else yall keke'd.

All the while yall sitting saying Nintendo went in a different directions because of Sony, but MS should just try to out sony, sony with exclusives. MS has had a great year for games, gamepass and 1st party wise so far.

Now you got people in here talking about everything they "feel" like with zero proof.

Overall like I said, Phil's problem is he's too nice, and I think that is also true when it comes down to his work and when he goes to visit these studios and plays these game. He's friends with these people he aint telling them yo this redfall gameplay and graphics aint it man. Or he's getting people coming back as yes men saying it's looking great and instead of him playing and being like nah this aint it he lets it rock.
Every game I've heard him say I've been playing a build of xyz and then the game comes out and it's like :patrice: Phil what are you playing because anyone that is coming in with fresh eyes could tell you crackdown was a 6, redfall was looking like 6 etc etc...

So has MS has a clean hit with a top notch 1st party triple A game in all areas in awhile? No, I also don't think they have too in order to be success with the path they are going and I'm more than find with what I'm getting.

However those games are coming, the studio's are in place and working. Unfortunately Redfall is the 1st game that was touted as a Triple A title and exclusive out of their camp.

Its amazing that about 97% of the gaming community is parroting how inept and silly he sounded but you are saying its just because hes too nice :dead:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its amazing that about 97% of the gaming community is parroting how inept and silly he sounded but you are saying its just because hes too nice :dead:
He's far from inept as far as xbox and the big picture goes of gaming.

But he is inept when it comes to how he handles and views triple A titles from his team. Which I believes boils down to him just being too nice. One thing I WONT and have never trust Phil on is his gaming taste, they have always been sus.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
This is pretty much the direction that microsoft and the fan base are talking themselves into

The more the “hardware sales don’t matter” mantra is being repeated the more likely they’ll speak it into existence, we’ll see how they feel if they stop making them :yeshrug:

Well hopefully somebody else jumps into the console space, maybe Apple or google would try again cause it definitively sounds like Microsoft leaning towards the software side of the game, which isn’t a bad thing but I would like for there to be more than one console

But it would be disappointing if Microsoft abandoned xbox

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Well hopefully somebody else jumps into the console space, maybe Apple or google would try again cause it definitively sounds like Microsoft leaning towards the software side of the game, which isn’t a bad thing but I would like for there to be more than one console

But it would be disappointing if Microsoft abandoned xbox

shyt would be fine if Nintendo could make a console that wasn't outdated the day it releases but the nintendo fanatics don't care and will buy anything they put out :francis:

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
When Phil told yall he not looking at Nintendo or Sony as competitors yall acted like it he was just saying it to say it. He again tells you they aren't in the business of trying to out console sony or nintendo and yall are like "oooh they gave up"
Do you think someone that's out to sell the most console puts all there titles on PC and other streaming devices if the goal is to move consoles for profit?
Then what exactly is the point of Xbox?

They're pushing Game Pass so much, y'all talking about how they want it everywhere, even on Nintendos and Playstations...
And then they have this direct competitor to the PS5. :dwillhuh:

If they openly admit they can't compete with the other big consoles, why have that piece of junk clogging up the paint? Make it make sense.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
He's far from inept as far as xbox and the big picture goes of gaming.

But he is inept when it comes to how he handles and views triple A titles from his team. Which I believes boils down to him just being too nice. One thing I WONT and have never trust Phil on is his gaming taste, they have always been sus.

That’s the entire issue for Xbox as a whole breh :unimpressed:

I want Xbox to be great, I really do, but I’m tired of this enabling, persecution complex ass mindset some of yall have right now. If you are a fan of the brand you need to demand better. You and Meach keep trying to deflect the smoke and spin everything but they 100% deserve the heat they’re catching right now.

Their first $70 AAA next-gen only release just fukking BOMBED and not just due to bugs and performance issues. Their internal “review” team giving such a game solid scores while Phil sits here and says exclusives won’t turn the tide is very troubling to me. Meach out here spending 10x more time defending Xbox on TheColi than actually playing the game so you KNOW it’s trash-trash

If Tears of the Kingdom was releasing on Xbox next week, everybody in that thread already bootlegging the game would have bought Xboxes by now. If Starfield is Skyrim 2.0, people on all sides will sit up and pay attention. Strong first party libraries MATTER and with the resources and studios they have available, they should be CONSISTENTLY delivering on that front.

Yall need to stop with the pivoting and ”they can’t compete with Sony that way” bullshyt because Phil himself said that the Bethesda purchase was about BRINGING GREAT GAMES TO XBOX. Anything less is a failure to deliver that promise, which has been the case so far outside of a few smaller games here and there.

Yes I’m fukking mad and yes you nikkas getting on my nerves continually defending this bullshyt :birdman:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Then what exactly is the point of Xbox?

They're pushing Game Pass so much, y'all talking about how they want it everywhere, even on Nintendos and Playstations...
And then they have this direct competitor to the PS5. :dwillhuh:

If they openly admit they can't compete with the other big consoles, why have that piece of junk clogging up the paint? Make it make sense.
He said they can't directly compete with Sony when it comes to selling consoles, nor or they trying too.. and he's correct they can't Currently. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't or can't have a console :stopitslime: It's going to take generations of good games, and good will before that's even close to a reality and by that time who knows what the tech is going to be like.

Xbox has been setting up to go in a different direction than playstation definitively since day and date games and cross sync on PC was announced... having to move consoles to be successful is not the goal. That doesn't mean they aren't going to move them, just it's not how they are looking to grow or judge success.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
He said they can't directly compete with Sony when it comes to selling consoles, nor or they trying too.. and he's correct they can't Currently. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't or can't have a console :stopitslime: It's going to take generations of good games, and good will before that's even close to a reality and by that time who knows what the tech is going to be like.

Xbox has been setting up to go in a different direction than playstation definitively since day and date games and cross sync on PC was announced... having to move consoles to be successful is not the goal. That doesn't mean they aren't going to move them, just it's not how they are looking to grow or judge success.

But it wouldn't take generations :dead:

If it was a consistent stream of good exclusives coming out on the platform the gap wouldn't be this wide.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Phil is Juelzing like shyt.

It was easy to spot, too. When he said something along the lines of not pigeonholing teams into making one kinda game, "Halo, Forza, Gears" instantly popped into my head. :mjlol: Like that's all they do. They even had Rare locked into making Kinect shovelware for a while.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It was easy to spot, too. When he said something along the lines of not pigeonholing teams into making one kinda game, "Halo, Forza, Gears" instantly popped into my head. :mjlol: Like that's all they do. They even had Rare locked into making Kinect shovelware for a while.

I've never actually heard dude speak.

He sounds like a little bytch and has that annoying white person way of making it sound like hes crying when he talks.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s the entire issue for Xbox as a whole breh :unimpressed:

I want Xbox to be great, I really do, but I’m tired of this enabling, persecution complex ass mindset some of yall have right now. If you are a fan of the brand you need to demand better. You and Meach keep trying to deflect the smoke and spin everything but they 100% deserve the heat they’re catching right now.

Their first $70 AAA next-gen only release just fukking BOMBED and not just due to bugs and performance issues. Their internal “review” team giving such a game solid scores while Phil sits here and says exclusives won’t turn the tide is very troubling to me. Meach out here spending 10x more time defending Xbox on TheColi than actually playing the game so you KNOW it’s trash-trash

If Tears of the Kingdom was releasing on Xbox next week, everybody in that thread already bootlegging the game would have bought Xboxes by now. If Starfield is Skyrim 2.0, people on all sides will sit up and pay attention. Strong first party libraries MATTER and with the resources and studios they have available, they should be CONSISTENTLY delivering on that front.

Yall need to stop with the pivoting and ”they can’t compete with Sony that way” bullshyt because Phil himself said that the Bethesda purchase was about BRINGING GREAT GAMES TO XBOX. Anything less is a failure to deliver that promise, which has been the case so far outside of a few smaller games here and there.

Yes I’m fukking mad and yes you nikkas getting on my nerves continually defending this bullshyt :birdman:
I'm not defending it tho, you haven't seen me say anything was good about redfall, the only thing I've wanted is people to keep it 100 or the same energy about 30fps. I also can't remember the last triple A game I legit bigged up outside of HALO inf which I had a blast playing for like 4 months.
I'm not with the bandwagon smear campaign tho, and I hate blatant miss information :manny:

Strong 1st party matter but to an extent, it's the 3rd party games that win you the race.

Strong 1st party is what get you into the shop, strong 3rd party exclusives is what you talk about with friends when you leave.

MS hasn't had any Killer 1st party triple A games nor any killer 3rd party triple A exclusives. That's the main issue.
Sony has been locking up all kind of big gun 3rd party games, as well as killing it with there 1st party games.

The Bethesda purchase and purchases like it is how MS has to move or their is a good chance they get locked out of even more. They also need studio's for games for gamepass.

I'm really not cosigning MS failing on every huge Triple A title they've tried to launch for years tho. But I also ain't gonna act like that's the reason I prefer my xbox is for MS 1st party exclusives. I get plenty or great games out of gamepass. I enjoy system, and the ecosystem, but never have I said xbox is doing a great job or even decent one with 1st party AAA games.

I'll just put it like this there is a reason that sega dreamcast failed even tho you'd be hardpress to find anyone who didn't love it, with all it's piff and 1st party exclusives is It lacked 3rd party support and came in with the funk of sega saturn still on it and it cost a lot to make.

Those are the same problems Xbox face now with the added L of weak 1st party AAA's.

These dudes just be in here saying wild inaccurate stuff

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Phil's a fukking idiot. If Bethesda released Elder Scrolls 6 on just console this year people would go out and cop a Series X. It's Phil's dumb ass vision that's put them in the position they're in--trying to emulate Netflix with gamepass and apple with the hardware piece (series X, series S, Xbox one S, Xbox one X). People want games, period (and functionality with consoles but that's another discussion). He had the brilliant idea of putting gamepass on PC, which undercuts the need to buy an Xbox in the first place. Of course if you push gamepass more than your actual fukking console people are going to stop buying your shyt. Exclusives have always driven the console market...Why is the idiot making it harder than it has to be?

Ayo this is the second straight generation this idiot had fukked up. He has got to go. Low-key I'm livid I bought a series X. I thought for sure it was going to have more and better games than the Xbox one did, but here we are years later dealing with the same bullshyt. shyt is infuriating and I'm not even an Xbox fan like that. But I realize their existence means competition, and competition is great for the consumer.