Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Then also, games cost too much money and take too long to make for something like that to work.

For most people it’s easier to just wait for sales, (which happen all the time) and you can just purchase the games you actually want to play with no time restrictions on them.

So you get 5 AA/Indie game drops on the service, you might play and complete one or two of them, but you might also not do that for months later. By then those games are discounted and dirt cheap already, for example i could have bought Rollerdrome already for 5 bucks i didn’t need to be subscribed to ps plus plus to play that.

The economics of it and the fact that it will increasingly get more expensive as time goes on just doesn’t seem viable

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
:hubie:Phil is keeping it real, and I bet the big suits at Microsoft. Are on the same game plan. Microsoft is lowkey doing what Nintendo did. At the beginning of the switch’s life. And that’s denying competition, and carving their own lane. And that lane is gamepass, and cloud gaming. Microsoft is acquiring big studios, to build the gamepass library, and putting their services on all platforms. Microsoft wants you to be able to access gamepass. On TVs, PC, Nintendo consoles, and maybe one day PlayStation consoles. Microsoft can care less about the console war. They are trying to create the Netflix of gaming. It’s sad but I can definitely see them going 3rd party.
difference is nintendo's plan was through its hardware that it sold you, there was no 'bait and switch'; MS' plan is not through the hardware it sold people and judging by the tweets i saw yesterday, many customers feel like this was dishonest.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
:laff: da fukk is this!!???
photoshop

198309628_4051312821584693_6479283480592171105_n.jpg

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
difference is nintendo's plan was through its hardware that it sold you, there was no 'bait and switch'; MS' plan is not through the hardware it sold people and judging by the tweets i saw yesterday, many customers feel like this was dishonest.
Yea this games as a service shyt wasnt touted as heavily at first, it was a pivot when they couldnt compete on console and ip. Thing with gamepass is it seems like it would lose money for a majority of the heavy hitters. You spent 7.5B on Bethesda, how do you recoup that when a good chunk of ppl can get the games on gamepass and cutting off a large chunk of the playerbase by going exclusive. Publishers like EA can mess around with that type of stuff because they have mtx builtin to damn near all their titles and make bank off it.

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
Micrososft can remain in 3rd place in the console market it's entire existence and remain a viable platform.
Especially since they were damn near on par during the 360 era. It's not like they were selling fukkin Soulja consoles or Polystations and getting dunked on.

Xbox just needed to be competitive. That's literally it. Sell a product people actually want.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug:I agree but it’s obvious that Microsoft. Doesn’t care about hardware, they care about pushing a service.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Sony and Nintendo were at a point where they HAD to lean heavily into these markets for their companies to remain viable.

This is not a true statement. Has their gaming and services division been the most profitable in the last decade, sure. But people gloss over the fact that like MS, they have business in multiple sectors.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
This is not a true statement. Has their gaming and services division been the most profitable in the last decade, sure. But people gloss over the fact that like MS, they have business in multiple sectors.

It absolutely is and you know I wasn’t going to let you cherry pick stats:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
the point is it wasnt obvious until phil spoke on it after redfall. that's why the interview was so controversial
Microsoft announced they would be putting all their games on PC/Xcloud/gamepass day one long before the series X came out.

People pretending to be surprised at phil’s comments are just console warring and concern trolling.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Microsoft announced they would be putting all their games on PC/Xcloud/gamepass day one long before the series X came out.

People pretending to be surprised at phil’s comments are just console warring and concern trolling.
that interview spread like wildfire. i cant put all that on trolls, and phil himself seemed to acknowledge the hurt feelings of xbox fans about the the performance of their lineup. this uproar wasnt like the usual random bad game. something else was happening...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
that interview spread like wildfire. i cant put all that on trolls, and phil himself seemed to acknowledge the hurt feelings of xbox fans about the the performance of their lineup. this uproar wasnt like the usual random bad game. something else was happening...
You are on twitter breh, that’s all there is, is trolls and nonsense :heh:

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
Yep. Im a PC nikka, but as a console maker, having all your shyt release day and date with PC makes no sense as a CEO. You really not giving anyone a reason to buy your console. I know the tagline is "we doing service now", screw all that, lock nikkas into your ecosystem by buying a console.
If you want the PC money, do ports after a couple years like Sony.
Not really, PC and console are distinct enough to carve their own niches.

I still hear people talking about how they prefer consoles because "They're plug and play, PC games take too much fiddling with" or "Building a good PC is too expensive".

With that said, 1 year timed exclusives are the play. Especially for those single-player games where spoilers can really suck the fun out of the game.