Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
U treat it like the systems have to be purchased on the same day. It's been damn near 3 years since these systems were released, plenty of time where a PS5 owner could've considered a Series X if the games were there....or maybe choosing the Series X over the PS5 if ur just now jumping into next gen

Yall really can't name one game that would warrant a purchase of that $500 box. I find that a bit concerning
People not looking to buy a slightly inferior version of a product they already have just to get maybe a handful of titles they can't get on what they have now. They'll just pass on it. For the common working person $500 is a lot of money and they not trying to waste that on a samey product to what they have.

PlayStation is almost always going to have access to a variety of games Xbox won't get. Many Japanese games won't even bother coming to Xbox because they have no audience there. Xbox has almost always been a western focused brand.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Make it make sense

https://www.gamesradar.com/most-played-ps5-games-revealed-for-consoles-first-anniversary/#:~:text=Most%20Played%20PS5%20games%201%20Fortnite%202%20Call,21%208%20Marvel’s%20Spider-Man%3A%20Miles%20Morales%20More%20items

Most Played PS5 games​

• Fortnite
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  • FIFA 21
  • NBA 2K21
  • Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  • Destiny 2
  • MLB The Show 21
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Demon’s Souls
  • NBA 2K22

The 100 most played PS5 and PS4 games of 2022​

PositionGamePublisher
1FortniteEpic Games
2Grand Theft Auto VRockstar Games
3Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (2020)Devolver Digital
4Call of Duty: Modern WarfareActivision
5FIFA 22Electronic Arts
6Overwatch 2Blizzard Entertainment
7Call of Duty: Modern Warfare IIActivision
8MinecraftMojang Studios
9Apex LegendsElectronic Arts
10Ghost of TsushimaSony Interactive Entertainment

If exclusives were the most important thing or the biggest reason people are buyin PS5 consoles these lists would look way different.
When a huge chunk of your libraries are much of the same games exclusives become all the difference in the world.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
When a huge chunk of your libraries are much of the same games exclusives become all the difference in the world.
For the people that care. Most people aren’t playing those games.

I’m not saying it they have ZERO effect on sales. Just that their importance is overblown by “enthusiasts” on the internet who think the masses mirror their own opinions/habits

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Was referring to PS5 games. As far as i know, recent sony exclusives all sold around 10 mill.

There’s Around 150 million playstation’s in homes.

10 even 20 millions sales is only a small portion of those people.

This is super saiyan gizmo levels of stannery:russ:

If that’s the case, show me a Series X exclusive that’s sold in the 10 million range. Forza Horizon 5 & Halo Infinite don’t count cuz those are still Xbox 1 games :troll:

I guess there’s absolutely no correlation between the disparity between PS5 & Xbox consoles sales and the amount of exclusive games available on each platform:troll:

Sony has an overwhelming larger market share purely off ecosystem, PS+, and multiplat prowess :troll:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

I’m not saying it they have ZERO effect on sales. Just that their importance is overblown by “enthusiasts” on the internet who think the masses mirror their own opinions/habits

Damn I always thought people were buying Switches for Mario Kart and Zelda, but really it’s been Minecraft and Rocket League carrying the system this whole time:troll:

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
The Xbox brand is done. Plain and simple, it's official at this point.

I've always said that "A console's worth lies in its exclusives". Don't get me wrong, Game Pass is nice... as a complement. You can't try to sell a side dish as it was the main one, that shyt doesn't work.

Basically, what this man said was
Xbots are idiots, you should buy a 2014 gaming PC and a Roku because all we got is old games and Netflix. Save your money. The Xbox SEX is ugly af anyway.

Nintendo barely has a functional ecosystem, if you can even call it that, but they've been eating because they got games.
The PS5, despite the issues it had to deal with because of the pandemic, still put out system sellers and they're thriving off of that.

People buy video games because they want to play games. If there aren't any games on a console that really move the needle, there isn't any reason for people not to get a console that does have this kind of game.

They might as well ditch the Xbox brand and rebrand GP as "Microsoft Game Pass".

vince-carter-its-over.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

If that’s the case, show me a Series X exclusive that’s sold in the 10 million range. Forza Horizon 5 & Halo Infinite don’t count cuz those are still Xbox 1 games :troll:
They are cross gen games and both have had over 25 million users and counting on a much smaller user base. But still they don’t exist for some reason.
I guess there’s absolutely no correlation between the disparity between PS5 & Xbox consoles sales and the amount of exclusive games available on each platform:troll:
I didn’t say there’s absolutely zero correlation. Y’all trying to make it the only reason or the biggest reason and the numbers just don’t add up to make that true.
Sony has an overwhelming larger market share purely off ecosystem, PS+, and multiplat prowess :troll:
There’s lots of factors. You guys try to take one and turn correlation into causation. While ignoring literally everything else.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Why do folks not buy Xboxes since all these games are multiplat. It happened in the 360 era, why not now?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Damn I always thought people were buying Switches for Mario Kart and Zelda, but really it’s been Minecraft and Rocket League carrying the system this whole time:troll:
Switch is a different case. It doesn’t have 3rd party games so it exists pretty much just to play nintendo games.

If you look at a most played switch games list, they will all be nintendo games.

So yes when it comes to nintendo hardware nintendo games are why people buy it, but even nintendo games aren’t enough to overcome bad hardware decisions like Wii U and Gamecube.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

And what I'm saying is PlayStation has a big tent of many games that are exclusive that appeal to a much wider group of consumers than Xbox. Some of these games aren't made by Sony at all either. Maybe some are buying because they want the latest Persona game, maybe some are buying for the latest God of War the list goes on but it's a much wider tent that encompasses a lot more people's individual taste.

It's not that everyone is drawn to the same few titles it's that many people are drawn by a variety of different titles.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

This gooftroop ass nikka really trying to act like an exclusive selling 10-20 million copies isn't a RESOUNDING success :dead:

where is the breakoff point for it to be satisfactory for him? 30 mill? 40? 100 :dead:

shameful!

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Make it make sense

https://www.gamesradar.com/most-played-ps5-games-revealed-for-consoles-first-anniversary/#:~:text=Most%20Played%20PS5%20games%201%20Fortnite%202%20Call,21%208%20Marvel’s%20Spider-Man%3A%20Miles%20Morales%20More%20items

Most Played PS5 games​

• Fortnite
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  • FIFA 21
  • NBA 2K21
  • Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  • Destiny 2
  • MLB The Show 21
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Demon’s Souls
  • NBA 2K22

The 100 most played PS5 and PS4 games of 2022​

PositionGamePublisher
1FortniteEpic Games
2Grand Theft Auto VRockstar Games
3Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (2020)Devolver Digital
4Call of Duty: Modern WarfareActivision
5FIFA 22Electronic Arts
6Overwatch 2Blizzard Entertainment
7Call of Duty: Modern Warfare IIActivision
8MinecraftMojang Studios
9Apex LegendsElectronic Arts
10Ghost of TsushimaSony Interactive Entertainment

If exclusives were the most important thing or the biggest reason people are buyin PS5 consoles these lists would look way different.
Most played games will usually be third-parties unless it's Nintendo. However, Sony at least got a game or 2 in top 10, which differentiates itself from the competitor. In 2022 I highly doubt any xbox game made the top 10 most played list, and that's the difference between why a person would buy a PS5 over a Series X.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And what I'm saying is PlayStation has a big tent of many games that are exclusive that appeal to a much wider group of consumers than Xbox. Some of these games aren't made by Sony at all either. Maybe some are buying because they want the latest Persona game, maybe some are buying for the latest God of War the list goes on but it's a much wider tent that encompasses a lot more people's individual taste.

It's not that everyone is drawn to the same few titles it's that many people are drawn by a variety of different titles.
But even all those people combined aren’t more than the Apex, COD, 2K, Minecraft players.

Yea playstation might attract some extra sales for fringe japanese stuff, but that’s only a small portion of their players.

If you look at the games that are making big money and drawing big crowds, those are the same games on both consoles. Xbox’s most played lists looks pretty much the same as playstation.

If the majority of people were on playstation for playstation exclusives those lists would look very different.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
that is true, but when you play mostly multiplayer games (which most of that list is), "the difference" often comes down to where your friends play