Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I really can't remember anyone I knew with a SNES and Genesis. I had a SNES and would play Genesis at my friends'

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t say anything “failed”.

You gotta set up and attack hyperbolic strawmen cause you can’t address what i actually said.
I'll ask again, what are you defending? I'll preface the rest with if you own stocks/work at M$, my bad.

You're now saying "My team never had a chance to win" yet you're trying to convince us that your team is still good and can win.

What is your endgame? Do you want M$/Gamepass to eventually cause the console space to be obsolete? A future with no exclusives?

Honest question.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'll ask again, what are you defending? I'll preface the rest with if you own stocks/work at M$, my bad.

You're now saying "My team never had a chance to win" yet you're trying to convince us that your team is still good and can win.

What is your endgame? Do you want M$/Gamepass to eventually cause the console space to be obsolete? A future with no exclusives?

Honest question.
Like i said y’all stuck on stan shyt. There is no my team and your team.

I’m just talking about the strategies as they are.

Do you think Microsoft is trying to sell more consoles than sony by releasing its most popular games like Minecraft and Elder scrolls online on PS5?

Honest question.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Plenty of ppl had a SNES and a Sega Genesis, same with the Xbox 360 and the PS3 because the exclusives warranted it.

Yall are seriously downplaying the importance of exclusive content on a console gaming machine. If the game is good enough, and its only available in one place ppl will buy the console
If Sega was content with being gamers second choice they'd still be making consoles more than likely the same mediocre results. The reality is these companies are in this to dominate or a path to domination not to just put up meh results and be ok being a second or third choice.

The common gamer is not looking to spend $1000 on two systems for a library that's mostly the same multiplatform games. Only enthusiast with high levels of disposable income are looking for that. People who aren't presently dissatisfied with PlayStation are not going to suddenly jump ship because Microsoft improved their games. They'll look at their PlayStation and say most of the games Xbox has I can get here. I'm good.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I want to admit that I was wrong.

In the past, I said Phil was a good leader for Xbox. He's not. The strategy that he set out is the reason that they are in the space they are in today and were unable to reverse fortune from the Xbox One generation since he believes that it was/is an impossible task.

Nintendo turned around the WiiU failure with great games for the Switch.

Sony turned around the poor PS3 launch with consistently great titles in the latter half of PS3 years and continued the momentum with PS4.

PS5 is doing well not just because of continuity, it's doing well because it launched with games and they have continued to release quality games at a good rate.

There are many people in the console space who view new generations as fresh starts. Anecdotally, I have a few friends who switched from Xbox One to PS5 since they felt Xbox wasn't doing enough. A huge part of the market doesn't care about their old console's digital libraries as they don't go back and play old games.

Xbox console owners or supporters should feel smacked in the face with the last answer in the Kinda Funny Xcast interview. One of the interviewers asked about the console experience and Phil basically replied thats the console isn't our focus. The console portion of the Xbox platform is just one of the aspects of their strategy so you kinda just get what you get.

I really can't believe he said that thing about games not changing the situation. The games are everything. It's really that simple, it's about the games.

Bring back J Allard and Peter Moore.

At this point i feel like the xbox division isn't really supported as we think it is. Nutella probably told them to buy up studios with the high selling games then make a profit off it vs creating new titles.
I really can't remember anyone I knew with a SNES and Genesis. I had a SNES and would play Genesis at my friends'
Thats the way i grew up too. I had a nes, turbo grafix instead in that era

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Like i said y’all stuck on stan shyt. There is no my team and your team.

I’m just talking about the strategies as they are.

Do you think Microsoft is trying to sell more consoles than sony by releasing its most popular games like Minecraft and Elder scrolls online on PS5?

Honest question.
Why are they trying to do making Redfall, Starfield, etc exclusive? Do you honestly think they're not expecting to sell more consoles by doing so? Not everyone has a PC.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
he's saying the regardless of how good a game is, it's probably not gonna be enough to pull people away from another ecosystem. I'm sure Sony Stans agree

people willing to buy more than one console are a different situation
You mean every one doesn't own all 3 systems and a pc with a 4090 :troll:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
You mean every one doesn't own all 3 systems and a pc with a 4090 :troll:
all the six cert coli ballers have a room like this

il_1588xN.4604192369_44gv.jpg

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t say anything “failed”.

You gotta set up and attack hyperbolic strawmen cause you can’t address what i actually said.
You said the most popular exclusives barely sell 10 million which is a lie.

Then you say they're hundreds of millions of people gaming implying that if the sell rate of a game is not matching the install base than that means no one cares about it which is dumb.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why are they trying to do making Redfall, Starfield, etc exclusive? Do you honestly think they're not expecting to sell more consoles by doing so? Not everyone has a PC.
They are trying to sell gamepass subscriptions. Some games they are strategically using to drive people to xbox/gamepass but ultimately selling more consoles than sony is not their plan for success.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You said the most popular exclusives barely sell 10 million which is a lie.
How is that a lie. Which playstation exclusives selling more than that?
Then you say they're hundreds of millions of people gaming implying that if the sell rate of a game is not matching the install base than that means no one cares about it which is dumb.
I’m not saying no one cares. I’m saying not everyone one cares as y’all try to claim here. The majority of people playing games on playstation are not playing exclsuive games.

That doesn’t mean the games are a failure, and it doesn’t mean “no one cares” it just means lots more people care about other stuff:manny: