Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Aight man we get it.

Consoles were never a focus for Xbox. PC was always their preferred platform or something.

Sony spent money on exclusives, but that didn’t matter because people picked up the PlayStation because of the color of the controller

Kinect was the best thing that happened to Xbox, and you never posted anything about Xbox doing well in the console space.

Did I get it all?

:lupe:
And this is why these convos never work here, It’s all stan shyt and trolling :manny:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
And this is why these convos never work here, It’s all stan shyt and trolling :manny:
I'm just trying to see which side you're on now.

Couple of weeks/months ago you and I were going back and forth about how Xbox (the console) is doing great, better than ever, more games than ever, etc.

Now it's nah, they were never going to catch up.

Why have they produced consoles for something like 25 years with the thought, "Nah, we're never going to be a market leader. That's only for Japanese Companies."

We're all here telling you 360 was the system to have a couple of generations ago. I don't care what they were selling in the UK. Here in the States folks was saying "Yo, lets go get on that 360".

But we're lying since some #'s don't match up.

You're just arguing to be arguing at this point. Respectfully.

and this man has the nerve to call me a troll

:mjlol:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, they caught up. They were ahead almost the whole generation and finished a negligible amount of sales behind at the very, very end. That would be "caught up." They went from 115M sales behind to what, less than a milly?

PS4 was a recovery for Sony because of Mattrick and Microsoft pushing the always-online, discs-tied-to-consoles, Kinect, Xbox-TV shyt that no one wanted. Sony immediately jumped on that shyt and admittedly killed it with their response:

They might as well have called the generation after that shyt. :francis: Remember E3 the year before these consoles released?

You keep with the revisionist history, but I was there. Until Mattrick revealed Xbox's strategy for the One, consumers were split between the two.

This

There were millions of people like me who had both a Ps3 and Xbox 360, and that always online shyt made the decision on what to cop was made for me. And good thing because xbox had no games I was interested in anyway.

Remember like @Gizmo_Duck said the ps3 finished off hella strong and Xbox was dead. I had a modified 360 so I had all the games. Sad state of affairs for M$ right about now

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They have billions for acquisitions but they can't make a decent 1st party game :hhh:
They'll always be #3.

If I'm only buying 1 console there is nothing Microsoft could ever do to get me to pick their console over a PlayStation. Nintendo isn't in that position because their product is different enough that it will never be an either or choice. Xbox and PlayStation are too similar chasing after the same demographic. Hence Xbox will always be #3 in a direct contest.

Xbox is like Samsung. Sony is like Apple. The Galaxy S line is never going to beat the iPhone. The iPhone is just a better all round product and there's nothing Samsung can do about it. That's why you see Samsung offering more for last year's model in trade in than you can sell it second hand, offering all these extra credits of $150 and offering flagship earbuds with purchase. Apple doesn't do that shyt because Apple's product is hot in the streets without that nonsense. They threw every gimmick feature they could and people still prefer the iPhone overall. Eventually Samsung just accepted the L.

Xbox could make all the great games they want and people still gonna choose PlayStation.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
All jokes aside this interview would definitely make anyone on the fence about copping a xbox not want one.

I troll and stan sony but I'm a grown man with disposable income. if xbox has 3-5 killer apps you had to play I'd cop one. but instead they keep putting out garbage, mid, and straight to GP indie titles I'm going to buy for 3 dollars on a steam sale.

their whole strat is retarded if you actually want people to buy xboxes.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
he's saying the regardless of how good a game is, it's probably not gonna be enough to pull people away from another ecosystem. I'm sure Sony Stans agree

people willing to buy more than one console are a different situation
I don't agree with this.

Alot of ppl are more than willing to have two consoles if the exclusives warrant it(I'm willing to bet over 50% of Switch owners have a Playstation console and vice versa).

The Xbox just ain't got shyt to warrant the purchase imo. I could see if all the 3rd party games were blowing the PS5 out of the water graphically but they can't even do that with supposedly the most powerful console.

Hell I was gonna buy a Series S until they fukked up the emulation on it :francis:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
They'll always be #3.

If I'm only buying 1 console there is nothing Microsoft could ever do to get me to pick their console over a PlayStation. Nintendo isn't in that position because their product is different enough that it will never be an either or choice. Xbox and PlayStation are too similar chasing after the same demographic. Hence Xbox will always be #3 in a direct contest.

Xbox is like Samsung. Sony is like Apple. The Galaxy S line is never going to beat the iPhone. The iPhone is just a better all round product and there's nothing Samsung can do about it. That's why you see Samsung offering more for last year's model in trade in than you can sell it second hand, offering all these extra credits of $150 and offering flagship earbuds with purchase. Apple doesn't do that shyt because Apple's product is hot in the streets without that nonsense. They threw every gimmick feature they could and people still prefer the iPhone overall. Eventually Samsung just accepted the L.

Xbox could make all the great games they want and people still gonna choose PlayStation.
Now the question is, what makes it a better overall product?

It isn't the controller, specs, operating system, or "gimmicks"

Is it the games?

Nah, couldn't be.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't agree with this.

Alot of ppl are more than willing to have two consoles if the exclusives warrant it(I'm willing to bet over 50% of Switch owners have a Playstation console and vice versa).

The Xbox just ain't got shyt to warrant the purchase imo. I could see if all the 3rd party games were blowing the PS5 out of the water graphically but they can't even do that with supposedly the most powerful console.

Hell I was gonna buy a Series S until they fukked up the emulation on it :francis:
The Switch and PlayStation are drastically different. The Xbox and PlayStation aren't. Nintendo is not making games like God of War, Last of Us, and Uncharted and Sony is not making games like Splatoon, Mario Kart, and Fire Emblem. Hell Nintendo won't even make games like Eternal Darkness anymore and Sony used to make stuff like ModNation Racers but that's dead.

The common consumer is not interested in spending $1000 on boxes to get 2 that have 85% the same library. Only major enthusiast are doing that.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I don't agree with this.

I didn't say people aren't willing to buy a more than one console. I said those that are willing to buy more than one console are a different situation from those that would choose one or the other

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Now the question is, what makes it a better overall product?

It isn't the controller, specs, operating system, or "gimmicks"

Is it the games?

Nah, couldn't be.
Samsung can make a more featured product than Apple and the world doesn't care people still prefer iPhone. The Galaxy S23 Ultra has way more features than an iPhone and can do way more. It's still not outselling it or even coming close.

Xbox is in the same position. People like to romanticize the 360 but look what it took for that to happen. An inferior console rushed to market to beat Sony with hardware so flawed it spawned probably the most well known product failure of all time in the RROD. The overall lead Microsoft had on Sony never really expanded further past the consoles they sold that first year when they were on the market by themselves. In the end even launching as $600 Sony course corrected and passed them.

Granted Sony doesn't completely shyt the bed there is nothing Microsoft can ever do to beat them at their game. They have to go a different route.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
The Switch and PlayStation are drastically different. The Xbox and PlayStation aren't. Nintendo is not making games like God of War, Last of Us, and Uncharted and Sony is not making games like Splatoon, Mario Kart, and Fire Emblem. Hell Nintendo won't even make games like Eternal Darkness anymore and Sony used to make stuff like ModNation Racers but that's dead.

The common consumer is not interested in spending $1000 on boxes to get 2 that have 85% the same library. Only major enthusiast are doing that.
Plenty of ppl had a SNES and a Sega Genesis, same with the Xbox 360 and the PS3 because the exclusives warranted it.

Yall are seriously downplaying the importance of exclusive content on a console gaming machine. If the game is good enough, and its only available in one place ppl will buy the console