Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No, they caught up. They were ahead almost the whole generation and finished a negligible amount of sales behind at the very, very end. That would be "caught up." They went from 115M sales behind to what, less than a milly?

PS4 was a recovery for Sony because of Mattrick and Microsoft pushing the always-online, discs-tied-to-consoles, Kinect, Xbox-TV shyt that no one wanted. Sony immediately jumped on that shyt and admittedly killed it with their response:

They might as well have called the generation after that shyt. :francis: Remember E3 the year before these consoles released?

You keep with the revisionist history, but I was there. Until Mattrick revealed Xbox's strategy for the One, consumers were split between the two.

The xbox 360 came out a year before PS3 and much cheaper.

PS3 still outsold xbox every year they both were on the market.

That’s not revisionist history, those are numbers.

This is all internet hype you are talking about.

Daps
These games would get KILLED today on xbox.

Xbox has plenty of great in this vein and none of them even exist in these online convos.:smh:
OK, so what are the Microsoft-made sports games on Series S and X? We'll start there. Then you can tell me about the new party games that Microsoft is making. Give me a list.

And if you can let me know when we're getting that new Viva Pinata and Banjo-Kazooie, that'd be great, too. I know we had entries in both those series on Xbox One, right? But I bet Rare is at work on another one.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Link, I need laughs.

Knowingly submitting yourself to torture makes me feel zero sympathy

As people keep pointing out in the comments..

That 11/10 comment is not gonna make PS only players buy an Xbox..sure, but it will sure make people buy a PlayStation if it turns out to be trash, xbox players are putting so much on that game, that was an extremely dumb and short sighted comment for the head of xbox to make

Serious question though, has a game ever had as much pressure on it to succeed as Starfield? I personally think it will be a good game, of course with all of the signature Bethesda bugs, but still something I’d love to play if I ever see the series x as something worth buying, I can’t imagine the meltdowns if it’s anything short of good

Last edited:
Daps
The xbox 360 came out a year before PS3 and much cheaper.

PS3 still outsold xbox every year they both were on the market.

That’s not revisionist history, those are numbers.

This is all internet hype you are talking about.
Numbers: PS3 at 87M as of 2017, 360 at 84M as of 2014 (so three fewer years of reporting for 360). So they cut the gap from 125M behind Sony to 3M behind (at worst) in just two generations.

Those are numbers. Funny that you didn't quote them.

I think it's funny that you're going out of your way to downplay the success of the OG Xbox and 360 so that you can, what, prop up Phil Spencer even though he's a failure? It's weird that you're not even a fan of Xbox as a brand; you're a fan of one man who has driven that brand into the ground.

That's somehow even crazier than just general brand stannery.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Growing is a very relative term. Growing compared to what, by how much? They also claimed Japan was their fastest developing market…

They gave us a 25 million update in January of 2022! It’s May of 2023, what is the number, why have they turned the faucet off regarding gamepass subs?

And if we’re being honest I don’t even hear people talking about gamepass as much anymore. You couldn’t get away from gamepass conversations now even the biggest shills are quiet on it. Whats really going on?
Growing compared to their own numbers. They gave a percentage, i don’t remember it, i think they said something like $1billion on subscriptions alone over the last quarter.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I said a long time ago (a couple times) the biggest burden being placed on xbox is their stans constantly comparing and competing with sony. Xbox was never going to be better than Sony (or Nintendo) at actually making games.

Console warring has always been that playstation is an all around better gaming device and xbox stans not being able to accept it. I’m not sure why, but some people think 5 generations in that the tide is always going to shift at the beginning of the generation then they spend the remainder of the generation being mad and bitter and nasty.

Best advice: next generation just buy a PS6, you can’t go wrong

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Numbers: PS3 at 87M as of 2017, 360 at 84M as of 2014 (so three fewer years of reporting for 360). So they cut the gap from 125M behind Sony to 3M behind (at worst) in just two generations.

Those are numbers. Funny that you didn't quote them.

I think it's funny that you're going out of your way to downplay the success of the OG Xbox and 360 so that you can, what, prop up Phil Spencer being a failure? It's weird that you're not even a fan of Xbox as a brand; you're a fan of one man who has driven that brand into the ground.

That's somehow even crazier than just general brand stannery.
I’m not downplaying anything. Just attempting to talk about the industry without all the console wars hype involved.

Microsoft’s absolute best still lost to sony’s worst.

I didn’t say anything about phil spencer.

You guys are so caught up in internet hype and console wars narratives it makes it impossible to talk about any of this.

Did microsoft make some mistakes with xbox one? yes.

If Starfield, Fable, etc are great will xbox suddenly start taking market share away from playstation? No

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
OK, so what are the Microsoft-made sports games on Series S and X? We'll start there. Then you can tell me about the new party games that Microsoft is making. Give me a list.

And if you can let me know when we're getting that new Viva Pinata and Banjo-Kazooie, that'd be great, too. I know we had entries in both those series on Xbox One, right? But I bet Rare is at work on another one.
Forza is microsoft’s “sports” game.
Sea of Theives is Rare’s most successful and popular game to date.

There’s also games like pentament, Cuphead, Ori, Hifi rush, State of decay, Grounded, Phsyconaughts.

There’s simulation stuff like Flight simulator and age of empires.

If microsoft has done anything it’s been to have a good variety of games.

They Just don’t have the one or two big Story games, so we act like they aren't releasing any games at all.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I said a long time ago (a couple times) the biggest burden being placed on xbox is their stans constantly comparing and competing with sony. Xbox was never going to be better than Sony (or Nintendo) at actually making games.

Console warring has always been that playstation is an all around better gaming device and xbox stans not being able to accept it. I’m not sure why, but some people think 5 generations in that the tide is always going to shift at the beginning of the generation then they spend the remainder of the generation being mad and bitter and nasty.

:dead:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
A few weeks ago PS2 only sold as much as it did because it was a glorified dvd player.

A few weeks ago series X and S hasn’t sold as much as PlayStation 5 because of supply constraints.

A few weeks ago Exclusives didn’t matter

::bobbyshmurda::

Daps
Reppin
Aaru

Who says they have to make "better" games isn't that subjective anyway? If you're a real gamer you want Xbox to make their own great unique experiences. I think console warring is for corporate slaves anyway :yeshrug: