Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I’m talking about high quality games - not who sells the most consoles. The perception is that Xbox doesn’t have much of the former, so they suffer with the latter.

Also, you love fighting the console war as much as the purported Sony stans, that’s why you are in here trying to apply coolant to an already overheated vehicle that is Xbox:unimpressed:
They have released lots of high quality games.

Perception is what it is. That’s his point.

Starfield or any other game isn’t gonna make people throw their playstation away.

It’s crazy, off the internet my xbox has lots of games to play. on here it’s an “overheated vehicle” due to “perception”

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I’m not sure where you got this from i wasn’t saying that at all. They have lots of games in development.

They have alot of games in development sure... but they literally had to buy zenimax for billions for all their IP rights...:mjgrin: and then he just said games doesnt matter!!!:dead: so which is it? if games doesnt matter why is he trying to buy all these companies?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They have alot of games in development sure... but they literally had to buy zenimax for billions for all their IP rights...:mjgrin: and then he just said games doesnt matter!!!:dead: so which is it? if games doesnt matter why is he trying to buy all these companies?
He didn’t say gsmes don’t matter.

He said games won’t make them sell more consoles than playstation. Which is why they are not trying to sell more consoles than playstation.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They have released lots of high quality games.

Perception is what it is. That’s his point.

Starfield or any other game isn’t gonna make people throw their playstation away.

It’s crazy, off the internet my xbox has lots of games to play. on here it’s an “overheated vehicle” due to “perception”

You need big marquee games, its simple. Indie games and AA passion projects can only take you so far.

People want ‘the worlds most powerful console’ to show something state of the art. They want something to show off to people why they bought their brand new 500 dollar console and 4k oled tv

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
He didn’t say gsmes don’t matter.

He said games won’t make them sell more consoles than playstation. Which is why they are not trying to sell more consoles than playstation.

That doesnt make sense to any of us!!!:mindblown: Games is the vehicle YOUR platform is built on, if your saying the games dont matter thanwhy should any of us go play on it?!?!

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You need big marquee games, its simple. Indie games and AA passion projects can only take you so far.

People want ‘the worlds most powerful console’ to show something state of the art. They want something to show off to people why they bought their brand new 500 dollar console and 4k oled tv
People wanna play Fortnight and COD. Stop the nonsense.:comeon:

And even then xbox does have larger games as well.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I don't see anything he said as wrong. What he is saying is that Sony and Nintendo has a stranglehold on the consumers and it will take more than Starfield to defeat this.

In their state of the company that is in no shape to compete or go against Sony or Nintendo. Basically Microsoft has to start over

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Shocking a sony stans is the 1st to create a thread on xbox and phil spencer is clickbait titles. :stopitslime:

But you know what is Crazy? Phil is saying the same thing I been telling sony stans for years now.

Xbox vision is not with outselling sony in the console market. They can't, especially with A) the deals sony does behind the scene which he says in this interview and b) Sony being being a japanese company and nintendo being a japanese company... No amount of killer exclusive games are going to make people drop PS and nintendo and pick up xbox's. At best people grab xbox's and xbox is still in 3rd place because they are locked in. The defining generation to get people locked into your ecosystem going forward was last generation. Tech has changed things to a point where people who have PS games are always going to buy PS as long as PS doesn't do something dumb and not offer backwards compat or access. They are locked in.

I also told yall xbox ecosystem is the key to them getting ahead and it's what will differentiate them from nintendo and Sony. It's not about doing the same thing as Sony which is still what a lot of you are asking for. They aren't trying to make there own version of GOW or TLOU, they want their studios to just create, which leads me to.... I told yall # 3

I told ya Xbox is very hands off with letting the studios do what they want. Regardless of how you feel quality games have been coming out of xbox all year outside of redfall, again people just want that great Triple A quality title that they have been promised (when it comes to xbox only players) and that is more than unstandable. Sadly the reason most are chasing that is because of console wars. It won't be enough, again, even if red fall was a smash hit like he said, people weren't going to run out and sell there PS or switch to get redfall and they won't for anything else. People are locked in, The only possible way to even up the market would literally be to do what sony does but they can't because they don't have the market share to bargain with nor the japanese connection or good history with Japan as MS.

On top of that they wouldn't own anything for gamepass and it would be EASY for Sony or anyone else to say MS is practicing monopolistic behavior. And when you are in 3rd place and can't buy a company because of the potential future of cloud gaming that tells you all you need to know on how people would react to MS trying to pull a sony and buy up or lock out PS out of games..... :francis: