Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also, this is a perfect example of phil being too nice.
Even though he is upset, he's speaking on this situation and people are going to make clickbait threads like this all over the internet.

He really should just not say anything, most stans and console warriors don't understand business at all.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This would be the worst case for the video game community seriously
Yeah, I don't think anybody will be willing to take Microsoft's place. Only player I can somewhat see is Valve attempting a steam console if MIcrosoft becomes third party.

Daps
I don't see anything he said as wrong. What he is saying is that Sony and Nintendo has a stranglehold on the consumers and it will take more than Starfield to defeat this.

In their state of the company that is in no shape to compete or go against Sony or Nintendo. Basically Microsoft has to start over
Start over? :dahell:

Xbox division has been starting over since Mattrick's dumb ass messed up the Xbox One pre-release.

They've started over for the past decade.

Are they ever going to stop it with the resets and actually come with the games like they did from 2002 - 2007, or what?

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
giphy.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah I'm pretty pissed about buying one now.

Yup, his strategy led to this problem in the first place. I know one thing, if Phil's boss I'm furious that he actually came out and said this at a time when everyone is looking at the failure of redfall.

That's what I can't understand. I get he cares more about gamepass but what is gamepass without quality games? Why buy studios to make games then?

Yeah, Phil gotta go.

And the stuff thats on gamepass isn’t even like expensive. Its the type of games you would usually buy in large chunks on steam sales.

You’re paying 15 a month and still buying big 3rd party games like Hogwarts, Resident Evil 4, Diablo IV, Street Fighter, Elden Ring, etc.

The whole promise of gamepass was that you get these big day 1 AAA games from microsoft for cheap but where are they? Hi Fi Rush is 30 bucks, pentiment is 20 bucks, high on life, scorn, etc. those are all 20-30 dollar games that get discounted quickly.

You’re not actually saving a lot of money if Microsoft aren’t releasing compelling 70 dollar games on the service

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
They said this a long time ago. Console sales are not a metric of their success.

People are set on the brands they love. Any growth in gaming will come outside of the “console” business model.
Not true. If u told me I would bush sega by 1999. I would called u a liar.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah I'm pretty pissed about buying one now.

Yup, his strategy led to this problem in the first place. I know one thing, if Phil's boss I'm furious that he actually came out and said this at a time when everyone is looking at the failure of redfall.

That's what I can't understand. I get he cares more about gamepass but what is gamepass without quality games? Why buy studios to make games then?

Yeah, Phil gotta go.
He doesn’t say they aren’t gonna make games. They have lots of games in the works

He’s saying those games aren’t gonna change the console market share too much because people are more or less locked in to their ecosystem.

Xbox games have been releasing day one on PC and elsewhere for a long time now. They pivoted from being just in the console market a long time ago,

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And the stuff thats on gamepass isn’t even like expensive. Its the type of games you would usually buy in large chunks on steam sales.

You’re paying 15 a month and still buying big 3rd party games like Hogwarts, Resident Evil 4, Diablo IV, Street Fighter, Elden Ring, etc.

The whole promise of gamepass was that you get these big day 1 AAA games from microsoft for cheap but where are they? Hi Fi Rush is 30 bucks, pentiment is 20 bucks, high on life, scorn, etc. those are all 20-30 dollar games that get discounted quickly.

You’re not actually saving a lot of money if Microsoft aren’t releasing compelling 70 dollar games on the service
You paid $70 for Wo Long.

fukk outa here buddy :camby:

Rell

All Star
Daps
Reppin
If there are games worth playing people will buy the system to play them... I've bought every single Nintendo and PlayStation system. If there was enough good reasons I'd do the same for Xbox... Well if I didn't have a PC.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Also, this is a perfect example of phil being too nice.
Even though he is upset, he's speaking on this situation

Another example of you being clueless

Nadella put Phil’s ass on the corner to go put out fires. He’s not doing this to be ‘nice’ and transparent about the business he’s doing this because they just lost a 70 billion dollar acquisition and put out a trash fire game right after. He’s doing press because Xbox is taken a beating.

Who is he being ‘nice’ toward? Microsoft would be silent if they could afford to without letting an even bigger narrative spread. The fact that they have their corporate mascot looking flustered and stressed is a bad look.

Phil Spencer ain’t Jim Ryan, he has to talk. You act as if Microsoft is doing us a favor by having phil do interviews lol