Damn, looks like Phil Spencer has officially accepted defeat from Sony. Says Starfield won’t change shyt

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Im a gamer first and foremost. I always had the latest consoles and games but I always wanted M$ to win since the original Xbox.

Time and time again they made promises for better first party games but imo they never fulfilled them. I gave up on them a few years ago and what Phil just said is complete garbage.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
They said this a long time ago. Console sales are not a metric of their success.

People are set on the brands they love. Any growth in gaming will come outside of the “console” business model.

Not true about being set on brands you love. 360 was clearly a better console than ps3, they just dropped the ball after ward

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

The only part of the console market that is shrinking is on Microsoft's end. And that's due to them not doing their part.

I posted the chart in another thread but it’s true.

All the growth in gaming has been in mobile, PC and Cloud.

Console has been kicking around the same piece of the pie for decades.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not true about being set on brands you love. 360 was clearly a better console than ps3, they just dropped the ball after ward
This is just internet nostalgia. The narratives have become bigger than reality.

360 sold about the same amount as PS3 in America and sony sold more elsewhere just like now.

Difference in the PS3 gen was 360 had a year by itself and sony fumbled on the PS3 price so it looked a lot more competitive. But PS3 still outsold 360 for every year they were both on the market.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Nice to see him make it official. We all knew this

tumblr_muojfehltm1sdfgzpo1_400-gif.4123158

nikka just tryin to save his job :mjlol:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The same with Nintendo before PS1

And the second line is cap. PS4 is the 2nd best selling console sony has and its looking pretty much certain the ps5 will outselll
Nintendo was gonna work with Sony, but shyt fell through

Nintendo, Sony, and Sega are from an era when the Japanese dominated the industry. a lot of the connections they made during that time still have an influence on the industry decades later

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Gotta say I'm very surprised by the quality of Nintendo games. Nintendo Switch is pretty decent

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nintendo is in their own market.

So they still have not matched their best :ohhh:

Matching their best doesn’t mean the console market is shrinking, sony could stretch any console they release to inflate numbers like they did with the PS2 which were selling as bargain bin DVD players for years after ps3 came out. They could have marked down PS4’s to 150 dollars than to 99 dollars and kept producing them.

Its not about hitting those numbers, look at revenue its twice as high now than it ever was, and thats mostly through console hardware

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Bullshyt. Sony took IPs from the PS3 generation and gave them sequels. They gambled on new IPs from studios that they worked with.

GoT, Death Stranding, HFW, Spider-Man, Miles Morales. All alongside established games like Uncharted 4, Lost Legacy, Dad of Boy. And when there was a 1st party drought they relied on 3rd party deals to fill in the gaps

I remember some brehs was shytting on the Yakuza series, Hellblade and Nier Automata. Now them games are on Gamepass, those games are now great.

What happened to Rare, Lionhead? Why wasn't there a sequel to Quantum Break? Why wasn't there a sequel to Sunset Overdrive or Ryse? Why didn't make Titanfall 2 exclusive? Why is next year always the year?

But Xbox relied too much on Halo, Gears and Forza.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Matching their best doesn’t mean the console market is shrinking, sony could stretch any console they release to inflate numbers like they did with the PS2 which were selling as bargain bin DVD players for years after ps3 came out. They could have marked down PS4’s to 150 dollars than to 99 dollars and kept producing them.

Its not about hitting those numbers, look at revenue its twice as high now than it ever was, and thats mostly through console hardware
Revenue is high cause things cost more. Profit is not going up with revenue. They don’t make any money off console sales.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
he's saying the regardless of how good a game is, it's probably not gonna be enough to pull people away from another ecosystem. I'm sure Sony Stans agree

people willing to buy more than one console are a different situation
And he’s largely responsible for that.

Stop givin this clown a pass

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bullshyt. Sony took IPs from the PS3 generation and gave them sequels. They gambled on new IPs from studios that they worked with.

GoT, Death Stranding, HFW, Spider-Man, Miles Morales. All alongside established games like Uncharted 4, Lost Legacy, Dad of Boy. And when there was a 1st party drought they relied on 3rd party deals to fill in the gaps

I remember some brehs was shytting on the Yakuza series, Hellblade and Nier Automata. Now them games are on Gamepass, those games are now great.

What happened to Rare, Lionhead? Why wasn't there a sequel to Quantum Break? Why wasn't there a sequel to Sunset Overdrive or Ryse? Why didn't make Titanfall 2 exclusive? Why is next year always the year?

But Xbox relied too much on Halo, Gears and Forza.
Facts 2 games from the 360 era and 1 legacy title which they butchered. It’s wild that they haven’t created a new IP in the Xbox one era to add to it. Not even a new fable.