Daily Office Life At Death Row (UPDATED With More General Fukkery)

Craig Mack

New Album in January
Daps
Reppin
East Coast !
Beating up women and making them drink piss? :ohhh:

That's a new low, even for Suge. He couldn't pop shyt with Master P or J Prince around. :sas1:

Simone Green was a photographer for D.R. and Suge got mad at her for being out of line and he held her legs while some of his female goons jumper her.

243lonp.jpg

But she wasn't the only female to get her ass kicked at Death Row. Madelyne Woods also got her ass kicked. She used to be a TV host at BET along with Donnie Simpson back in the day. After she got fired from BET Suge gave her a job at Death Row. That led to an affair between them of course (Suge hardly helped any pretty female without getting something in return for it). Anyway, after Madelyne got comfortable with the money and gifts Suge was giving her, she started feeling high and mighty. She would curse at people and try to boss everyone around. That didn't sit well with the other females at Death Row, especially with the females who were sleeping with Suge. One day Suge's female goon squad jumped her and beat her down. Suge's female goon squad had a reputation almost as fierce as his male goon squad. They would beat a female down with the quickness if Suge said so. Some of those chicks were rough and straight from the streets. Anyway, after the beat down that was pretty much the end of Madelyne's days at Death Row. She ended the affair with Suge and bounced.

Madelyne back in the day

I thought they had female goons for the female employees.

Suge's female goons

v5bo5w.jpg

Regina King used to also roll heavy with Suge's female goon squad. She's matured a lot over the years, but back in the day Regina used to be so hood. That's why John Singleton put her in Boyz N The Hood and Poetic Justice. He also wanted Regina to take Janet Jackson around to the hood spots and introduce her to the hood girls so Janet could better portray an L.A. girl in Poetic Justice. I read somewhere that Janet got scared and chickened out though. Lol

2vmf1q0.jpg

Terrible as this sounds I prefer this over the devonte treatment

:Iverson:

I'm sick of y'all nikkas that keep spreading this rumor

Here's the news story

MEMBER OF JODECI ROBBED AT HOME

The Record (Bergen County, NJ); 7/25/1993; JIM CONSOLI, Staff Writer

The Record (Bergen County, NJ)

07-25-1993

MEMBER OF JODECI ROBBED AT HOME -- SINGER SAYS $20,000 LOST IN TEANECK ASSAULT

By JIM CONSOLI, Staff Writer
Date: 07-25-1993, Sunday
Section: NEWS
Edition: All Editions -- Sunday

TEANECK -- Two robbers armed with a handgun tied up and assaulted a member of
the rhythm-and-blues group Jodeci and another man before ransacking
their house and escaping with more than $20,000 in jewelry, police
confirmed Saturday.

The incident occurred about 10:30 p.m. Friday at the Queen Anne
Road home of Donald DeGrate, 23, whose stage name is Devante Swing, they
said.

In April, DeGrate and another member of Jodeci were charged with
sexually assaulting an 18-year-old woman and threatening her with an
assault rifle. Both men have denied those charges, which are pending
presentation to a grand jury, Bergen County Prosecutor John J. Fahy said
Saturday.

Thus far, police have found no links between the two incidents.

"The two armed men didn't say or do anything that would lead us to
believe it [the robbery] was done in retribution for the first
incident," said one investigator, who asked to remain anonymous.

Citing a pending investigation, police declined to release a report
on the Friday night incident, but sources said that DeGrate allegedly
was struck in the head -- possibly pistol-whipped -- by one of the robbers
after being tied and blindfolded. Another man living in the house, who
couldn't be identified, was tied up and then kicked by one of the men.

Neither DeGrate nor the other victim was seriously injured, police
said. Both declined medical treatment.

The intruders entered the house through an open garage door, police
sources said. After they entered the first floor of the house, the
unidentified victim, who was talking on the telephone with a friend,
spotted the men and called out to them thinking they were also friends,
they said.

"One guy came up to him armed with the handgun and then tied him
up," said the investigator.

The men searched the house and found DeGrate sleeping in a
second-floor bedroom. They awakened him, tied his hands behind his back,
and blindfolded him. Moments later, he was struck four times in the head
by one of the men, possibly with the handgun. "He couldn't see what was
used to hit him," the investigator said.

The men then ransacked the house for about a half hour before
fleeing with the jewelry, which included watches and gold chains, police
said. No money was reported stolen during the incident.

After the men left the house, DeGrate freed himself and called
police.

The robbers were described by DeGrate and the other victim as being
in their mid-20s. Further physical descriptions were unavailable
Saturday.

Police said they have not determined whether the intruders had
targeted the house because it is owned by DeGrate.

"Nothing about the group [Jodeci] was mentioned during the
incident, so we don't know yet," said the investigator.

Jodeci's debut album, "Forever My Lady," has sold 2 million copies.
The group's music videos appear regularly on MTV.

Keywords: TEANECK. MUSIC. PROFESSION. THEFT. ASSAULT

Copyright © 1993 Bergen Record Corp. All rights reserved.

Also when Puff heard about the situation, he told Biggie not to hang around them (Jodeci). Jodeci was Biggie's favorite group

Here is an excerpt from XXL magazine.

Lance "Un" Rivera, who used to be Biggie's business partner, told XXL that Biggie invited him to go to the video shoot for Jodeci's "Feenin" video. When Puffy realized that, he told Biggie he just couldn't be inviting anyone to Devante's house, since he had just got robbed. "Well, one day, Big came to me and said, "I want you go come with me to this video shoot." At the time, I was still hustlin', still wasn't really into the music business. It was for Jodeci's "Feenin." All of a sudden, Puff pulled up across the street, and he called Big over. I seen him talkin'. Then I seen Big put his head down. Somethin' told me they was over there talkin' about me. So when Big came back across the street he just looked at me, and he ain't want to say nothin'. I was like, "You ain't got to explain." I'm from the streets, so I knew certain vibes. What he said to Big was, "You just can't be bringin' n*ggas to n*ggas cribs 'cause the n*igga Devante just got tied up and robbed."

kj614

You must quiet your mind.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Family
Simone Green was a photographer for D.R. and Suge got mad at her for being out of line and he held her legs while some of his female goons jumper her.

243lonp.jpg

But she wasn't the only female to get her ass kicked at Death Row. Madelyne Woods also got her ass kicked. She used to be a TV host at BET along with Donnie Simpson back in the day. After she got fired from BET Suge gave her a job at Death Row. That led to an affair between them of course (Suge hardly helped any pretty female without getting something in return for it). Anyway, after Madelyne got comfortable with the money and gifts Suge was giving her, she started feeling high and mighty. She would curse at people and try to boss everyone around. That didn't sit well with the other females at Death Row, especially with the females who were sleeping with Suge. One day Suge's female goon squad jumped her and beat her down. Suge's female goon squad had a reputation almost as fierce as his male goon squad. They would beat a female down with the quickness if Suge said so. Some of those chicks were rough and straight from the streets. Anyway, after the beat down that was pretty much the end of Madelyne's days at Death Row. She ended the affair with Suge and bounced.

Madelyne back in the day

Suge's female goons

v5bo5w.jpg

Regina King used to also roll heavy with Suge's female goon squad. She's matured a lot over the years, but back in the day Regina used to be so hood. That's why John Singleton put her in Boyz N The Hood and Poetic Justice. He also wanted Regina to take Janet Jackson around to the hood spots and introduce her to the hood girls so Janet could better portray an L.A. girl in Poetic Justice. I read somewhere that Janet got scared and chickened out though. Lol

2vmf1q0.jpg

:Iverson:

I'm sick of y'all nikkas that keep spreading this rumor

Here's the news story

MEMBER OF JODECI ROBBED AT HOME

The Record (Bergen County, NJ); 7/25/1993; JIM CONSOLI, Staff Writer

The Record (Bergen County, NJ)

07-25-1993

MEMBER OF JODECI ROBBED AT HOME -- SINGER SAYS $20,000 LOST IN TEANECK ASSAULT

By JIM CONSOLI, Staff Writer
Date: 07-25-1993, Sunday
Section: NEWS
Edition: All Editions -- Sunday

TEANECK -- Two robbers armed with a handgun tied up and assaulted a member of
the rhythm-and-blues group Jodeci and another man before ransacking
their house and escaping with more than $20,000 in jewelry, police
confirmed Saturday.

The incident occurred about 10:30 p.m. Friday at the Queen Anne
Road home of Donald DeGrate, 23, whose stage name is Devante Swing, they
said.

In April, DeGrate and another member of Jodeci were charged with
sexually assaulting an 18-year-old woman and threatening her with an
assault rifle. Both men have denied those charges, which are pending
presentation to a grand jury, Bergen County Prosecutor John J. Fahy said
Saturday.

Thus far, police have found no links between the two incidents.

"The two armed men didn't say or do anything that would lead us to
believe it [the robbery] was done in retribution for the first
incident," said one investigator, who asked to remain anonymous.

Citing a pending investigation, police declined to release a report
on the Friday night incident, but sources said that DeGrate allegedly
was struck in the head -- possibly pistol-whipped -- by one of the robbers
after being tied and blindfolded. Another man living in the house, who
couldn't be identified, was tied up and then kicked by one of the men.

Neither DeGrate nor the other victim was seriously injured, police
said. Both declined medical treatment.

The intruders entered the house through an open garage door, police
sources said. After they entered the first floor of the house, the
unidentified victim, who was talking on the telephone with a friend,
spotted the men and called out to them thinking they were also friends,
they said.

"One guy came up to him armed with the handgun and then tied him
up," said the investigator.

The men searched the house and found DeGrate sleeping in a
second-floor bedroom. They awakened him, tied his hands behind his back,
and blindfolded him. Moments later, he was struck four times in the head
by one of the men, possibly with the handgun. "He couldn't see what was
used to hit him," the investigator said.

The men then ransacked the house for about a half hour before
fleeing with the jewelry, which included watches and gold chains, police
said. No money was reported stolen during the incident.

After the men left the house, DeGrate freed himself and called
police.

The robbers were described by DeGrate and the other victim as being
in their mid-20s. Further physical descriptions were unavailable
Saturday.

Police said they have not determined whether the intruders had
targeted the house because it is owned by DeGrate.

"Nothing about the group [Jodeci] was mentioned during the
incident, so we don't know yet," said the investigator.

Jodeci's debut album, "Forever My Lady," has sold 2 million copies.
The group's music videos appear regularly on MTV.

Keywords: TEANECK. MUSIC. PROFESSION. THEFT. ASSAULT

Copyright © 1993 Bergen Record Corp. All rights reserved.

Also when Puff heard about the situation, he told Biggie not to hang around them (Jodeci). Jodeci was Biggie's favorite group

Here is an excerpt from XXL magazine.

Lance "Un" Rivera, who used to be Biggie's business partner, told XXL that Biggie invited him to go to the video shoot for Jodeci's "Feenin" video. When Puffy realized that, he told Biggie he just couldn't be inviting anyone to Devante's house, since he had just got robbed. "Well, one day, Big came to me and said, "I want you go come with me to this video shoot." At the time, I was still hustlin', still wasn't really into the music business. It was for Jodeci's "Feenin." All of a sudden, Puff pulled up across the street, and he called Big over. I seen him talkin'. Then I seen Big put his head down. Somethin' told me they was over there talkin' about me. So when Big came back across the street he just looked at me, and he ain't want to say nothin'. I was like, "You ain't got to explain." I'm from the streets, so I knew certain vibes. What he said to Big was, "You just can't be bringin' n*ggas to n*ggas cribs 'cause the n*igga Devante just got tied up and robbed."

So you really think he would be like..and then they raped me...I mean hopefully it is a fukking rumor but come on bro..a news story?

Craig Mack

New Album in January
Daps
Reppin
East Coast !
So you really think he would be like..and then they raped me...I mean hopefully it is a fukking rumor but come on bro..a news story?

The nikkas who robbed him didn't even know Suge. And even if they did, why would Suge let that happen? Suge was fans of them & wanted to sign them to DR because they would generate more money & they would've been a great fit for DR. Suge got them outta a fukked up contract & in return, he wanted Devante to produce songs for DR

The Emperor

Paid Agent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel you but it wasnt that simple. Peoples life were legitimately in danger. Add that with serious gang politics and protocol at hand. If you wasnt bout that shyt you would have to just leave. Even still you might have faced violent consequences. Suge ran that shyt like an actual set. You cant just walk away from a set after witnessing a homicide. They would kill you.
You got a weak mind man...
And the guy didn't say he witnessed a homocide...
I guess my mind is just stronger than yours...

The first time I saw somebody get beaten FOR NO REAL REASON I wouldn't have shown back up because I realize it's only a matter of a time before it's me...
It's called choices, I'd remove myself from that situation...

Wouldn't even say a word...
I'd just leave and not come back because "I'M NOT WITH THAT shyt..."

The writer himself says that he viewed it as being a fraternity...
Frats paddle mothafukkas, I'm not with that shyt EITHER...

Daps
You got a weak mind man...
And the guy didn't say he witnessed a homocide...
I guess my mind is just stronger than yours...

The first time I saw somebody get beaten FOR NO REAL REASON I wouldn't have shown back up because I realize it's only a matter of a time before it's me...
It's called choices, I'd remove myself from that situation...

Wouldn't even say a word...
I'd just leave and not come back because "I'M NOT WITH THAT shyt..."

The writer himself says that he viewed it as being a fraternity...
Frats paddle mothafukkas, I'm not with that shyt EITHER...
Has nothing to do with being weak. Im speaking from the perspective of a regular joe. I was using the homicide angle as an example. But shyt wasnt as simple as people make it seem.

kj614

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Family
The nikkas who robbed him didn't even know Suge. And even if they did, why would Suge let that happen? Suge was fans of them & wanted to sign them to DR because they would generate more money & they would've been a great fit for DR. Suge got them outta a fukked up contract & in return, he wanted Devante to produce songs for DR
The first time I even heard it was on here so I am rocking with you now..because I was a meme in the instant I heard that shyt.. a mix of :mindblown:+:scusthov:+:damn:+:mjcry:+:scust:

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang

So you'd rather believe a story which originated on Lipstick Alley :comeon:

I've said this before, but a lot of these stories are fake, like beatdowns for no reason, Death Row goons raping men, Suge getting people to drink piss, etc.

Everyone who got hit up was for a valid reason, so if you weren't fukking up on the job, you had nothing to worry about.

Doug Young is not a reliable source of honest info.

If anyone is going to quote me/reply back, come with FACTS

kj614

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Family
So you'd rather believe a story which originated on Lipstick Alley :comeon:

I've said this before, but a lot of these stories are fake, like beatdowns for no reason, Death Row goons raping men, Suge getting people to drink piss, etc.

Everyone who got hit up was for a valid reason, so if you weren't fukking up on the job, you had nothing to worry about.

Doug Young is not a reliable source of honest info.

If anyone is going to quote me/reply back, come with FACTS
NO...Not at all. Id rather never heard that shyt.

Craig Mack

New Album in January
Daps
Reppin
East Coast !
The first time I even heard it was on here so I am rocking with you now..because I was a meme in the instant I heard that shyt.. a mix of :mindblown:+:scusthov:+:damn:+:mjcry:+:scust:

that story started on LSA. I know, because I saw it there way back in '09 I think :jbhmm: but, it wouldn't have made sense for them to still hang with them DR nikkas after the fact because they wasn't even on the same label. Suge did punk them, but nothing that extreme.

kj614

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Family
that story started on LSA. I know, because I saw it there way back in '09 I think :jbhmm: but, it wouldn't have made sense for them to still hang with them DR nikkas after the fact because they wasn't even on the same label. Suge did punk them, but nothing that extreme.
That story had me on some, maybe my city ain't that tough shyt lol... I swear we go thru the same BS all over. you get robbed, you get murked. you live how you get it.. when they said Suge had a nikka raped I was like NEVER!!! lol.. I had never heard of any gang going to that. My dad was a trash man and a trash bag of weed seller but he never came home like "Tony and them nikkas will rape you" Fock

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Why it's sometimes not so admirable to work for and support black owned businesses. Coupled with the fact that CEO Suge could not read (well), that label was bound to fail or corporatized. I hate this as Death Row had so much potential.

OP I would have lasted. Whatever goon made me pay for that pizza would later had drugs planted on him and his house mysteriously raided sending him back to San Quentin.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Whatever fam. There is individuals from all walks of life on here. Im not even going to insult you. Just because you're built a certain way doesnt mean thoro nikkas dont exist on here.

Dem nikkaz terrorized an industry filled with gangsters, you're just as bad as that dude they f*cked up talkin' 'bout he was tryin' to be a gangster just like them :heh:

Why it's sometimes not so admirable to work for and support black owned businesses. Coupled with the fact that CEO Suge could not read (well), that label was bound to fail or corporatized. I hate this as Death Row had so much potential.

OP I would have lasted. Whatever goon made me pay for that pizza would later had drugs planted on him and his house mysteriously raided sending him back to San Quentin.

That would have been your life :pachaha: