Daily Office Life At Death Row (UPDATED With More General Fukkery)

Palm Tree's & Blunts

Big timah timah
Daps
Dre was just fine there. He was knocking out Bloods according to the movie :troll:

Yes this dude was beating up those bloods

dre-1.jpg

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
I would've been like a 155 pound audio engineer walking in the studio talking to other audio engineers like

"How much you got on the pizza?" :troll:

and they'd be looking at me like :dwillhuh:

and I'd look over to the goons like :youngsabo:

and back to the other audio engineer like "that pizza ain't gonna pay for itself" :mjpls:

:smugdraper:
I know you're playing around but you already know this exactly how it would've went down if it was some middle aged cac :snoop:

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
Either you don't know or you don't know what the smilie means. I assume the latter since we are all versed with the smilies. Google him, he's legit as they come.
Maybe you're operating a far lower intellectual plane than me and you actually respect his writing :manny:

You probably couldn't even explain the elements that comprise his style . . you've gotta be reading at a third grade level

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
Lol
Maybe you're operating a far lower intellectual plane than me and you actually respect his writing :manny:

You probably couldn't even explain the elements that comprise his style . . you've gotta be reading at a third grade level
Wow! How did our exchange jump to this? "elements of style aside and regardless of how I personally feel about him. He was in the trenches. He reported on These and many other incidents before it was "cool" to do so. Now if you want to have a real conversation about his work, we can. But keep the beta male behavior out of it. I'm not here to make you feel small, I'm here to discuss the topic at hand.

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
Lol
Wow! How did our exchange jump to this? "elements of style aside and regardless of how I personally feel about him. He was in the trenches. He reported on These and many other incidents before it was "cool" to do so. Now if you want to have a real conversation about his work, we can. But keep the beta male behavior out of it. I'm not here to make you feel small, I'm here to discuss the topic at hand.

How did our exchange jump to this? Because you jumped to a conclusion that I didn't know what I am talking about in regard to Ronin Ro when I do, and in fact, have a better understanding of his work than you do. You're operating on a very low intellectual plane and I personally just don't have the patience to entertain it. Ronin Ro as a writer is one step above Jake Brown . . who is essentially a con-man. You refer to Ronin Ro as "in the trenches" which clearly shows you have a pinhole perspective on the content you are reading and the origin of the information that you are interpreting. I'm going to do you a favor now and sum up Ronin Ro's style. Ronin Ro's articles and Ronin Ro's books are two different things. Ronin Ro's books are 80% journalism at a 5th grade level and 20% editoraliasm as a 2nd grade level. As a reader you should be able to understand the difference between a news story and an editorial opinion. Ronin Ro's style consists of compiling a buch of quotes from various sources published over the years alongside a slight bit editorializing. There's a literally a system for the books he writes, they are often composites of a few other books that are already published on the subject alongside quotes from a few interviews and articles. There you go buddy . . I saved you from looking like a dimwit when you talk to people who actually know something. Your just slightly benefited by the fact that discussing books with a hip-hop fan will rarely yield the likelihood that you'll be talking to someone who's actually read a book, today wasn't that day.

You want to refer to my behavior as beta? That's funny because the first instinct that beta males lack is the instinct of awareness. So that would be you breh. Plus Wally is regarded as among the purest alphas of all alphas, when I bust in a woman there's physiological effects for her, she may begin to see better results from her workouts after a night with Wally. An example being my unbridled perception and awareness, when you hear my voice your tone will change.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Yeah, my bad @SteelCitySoldier.....all these stories come from Ronin Ro's book "Have Gun Will Travel: The Spectacular Rise and Violent Fall of Death Row Records" ( @#WallyWisdom , I agree that his writing style leaves much to be desired, especially in hindsight). I know most of the Coli OGs have read it already and/or already know these stories, but a lot of these younger guys don't. Just thought I'd make a thread that would provide for some good reading.

Breh if you got threatened with male rape and you still showed up to work the next day you probably value money over your manhood :scust:

To their credit, the employees apparently did complain about it....but it ultimately didn't help:

Eventually, employees banded together and calmly expressed their fears to Suge. "After a while he cut that down. He did. People brought it to his attention, but somehow it always filtered back to that."

When Suge ordered his friends to leave the office, they moved their get-togethers to Can-Am Studios, an unmarked one-story recording facility in the suburb of Tarzana that Death Row was now using for every release. If anyone saw Dr. Dre, it was in this studio. He didn't want anything to do with Suge's barbaric friends. "Dre's office was the studio", said one Death Row Records rapper. "Suge's office was the office. When I was present, they never crossed paths too much at all. Unless it was in the studio. They were homies, but even homies get into shyt."

Soon, artists and label employees working out of Can-Am complained about Suge's friends. These Bloods were arguing with rival gang members, artists, and employees; they were trying to extort anyone they considered week; they distract people from their work; they were drinking heavily and trying to goad people into fights; they scared everyone with tales of murder, robbery and vicious assaults; they threatened to rape males who offended them. :scust:

Once more Suge acted, telling his henchmen to clear out of the studio. "Everybody filtered back," Doug Young lamented. One by one the Bloods returned to their stools at Death Row's office. Employees were aghast. "They'd cool out for a week, then filter back! It was a constant rotation of this: from the office to the studio, then back again."

Finally, Suge began to ignore his employees' complaints. These purported "criminals" were his childhood friends. If Death Row employees couldn't cope with having them around, then maybe these employees needed to find work elsewhere.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
More general fukkery:

When it was time to film "What's My Name", a clip with special effects that transforms Snoop into a Doberman Pinscher, the video shoot became a riot. "For the most part, when we're working on videos," said film crew member Johnny Simmons, "all those guys are trying to do is get it done." What happened that day was typical: film crews entering different communities encountering gangs who made them feel unwelcomed.

"We started off at 8 in the morning, shooting at the VIP Record Store." The store was located in Snoop's hometown, Long Beach. The shot called for Snoop to stand on the record store's roof. Once they had footage of him rhyming, the producer planned to film the remainder of the video - an idyllic picnic scene - in a park four blocks away.

"Maybe it looked good on paper, but in reality it was a bad idea. 'Cause at 8:30 in the morning we must have had about a thousand people: friends and enemies of Snoop Dogg standing there in the crowd; people sucking on 40-ounce beers at the crack of dawn that morning. And tensions were really high. They were all going crazy. But that always happens on videos. You can't imagine how many times I've had to jump underneath a truck because someone went by and started popping off some shots. Usually it's a no-name video some drug dealer's paying for out of his pocket, a group that never gets on TV and is never heard from again."

But this time was unlike anything Simmons had ever experienced. The crowd truly wanted to get their hands on Snoop. After his performance, Snoop left the roof and rejoined The Dogg Pound and Lil Malik. They entered minivans and drove away without incident. The film crew quickly packed everything and drove to the park.

The next step would be to film a picnic scene that gets overrun by a pack of Doberman Pinschers. "Man we got there and those thousand people were already there," Simmons remembered. "I'm talking about all hell broke loose! Snoop had his bodyguard [McKinley Lee] there." A member of the audience stood in Snoop's face and uttered threats. "This guy must have had some kind of beef with Snoop. He started a fight out there."

Soon, police helicopters arrived. "Flying so low, you could see the screws on the bottom of the helicopter! "It was a mess, man. And I remember that was the first time I met Suge Knight. All the police in the world were there and it wasn't just Snoop and Malik that were fighting! There was a gang of people out there throwing shyt at the police. The dogs were barking. It was your basic little riot in the park." Things escalated. The LAPD brought out riot gear, plastic shields, and heavy night sticks. They were marching across the field, driving people back, containing the crowd, and restoring order, Simmons recalled. "It's wild in the park! Then all of a sudden this fly little Mercedes comes driving through the crowd. The police tried to stop it."

The car swerved around them, kept rolling, pulled to a stop on the field. "Suge drives up, throws Dre and Snoop in the car. For one moment, everything stopped. The police stopped, the fighting stopped. Everything stopped. The car pulls in, picks up Snoop and Dre, throws them in the car, then splits. I said, 'Who in the hell is that!?' They said, Suge Knight, owner of Death Row Records. Even the police respected him." Simmons watched the car leave, saying, "They bad. Damn."

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
(cont'd)

During the filming of another Snoop video, for "Gin & Juice", Doug Young said, "They were in a Crip hood, you know, with Suge and them being Bloods. And the Crip gang in that neighborhood rolled up on the film crew and were about to start taking cameras. [ :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: ] They were telling Snoop to get his ass out here right now! Just mashed on the whole shoot when they found out it was Death Row. It was like a hoo-ride. So Snoop came out and calmed the little ringleader down and it was all good. But Suge and them heard about it and were on their way. About to bug. And that's when some shyt almost jumped off." Suge and his Blood friends cornered the Crips and began to shove them around. During the fight that followed, a gun dropped to the floor. "But it got squashed in the end," Doug recalled.

Then, Snoop and The Dogg Pound went to film a video in one of Compton's Blood neighborhoods. "I show up to this motherfukker in ALL blue, Snoop lamented. "I'm standing outside with a blue comb in my hair, blue khakis, blue sneakers, blue motherfukkin shoelaces! So I'm in the trailer, nikkas roll up. They're Bloods. They're strapped. They got bats and they're like, "W'sup Blood? Y'all gotta leave!'"

Luckily, Topcat was with them. Owner of T&D's, a local record store, Topcat was a Blood member who was friendly with The Dogg Pound. "So Topcat came in and asked me, 'W'sup dawg. You want to handle this?' I was like, "Yeah, we all black and shyt.' They was basically mad I had on blue. I went outside and hollered at 'em though. Everything was cool. I wasn't there for banging. I was there to make money. They saw I wasn't no punk ass nikka. It was cool."

Still, Snoop begin to worry. Days later, while riding towards a photo shoot in a three-car caravan, he entered "The Jungle", a part of town run by the Black P Stone Bloods. At a red light, Snoop stared into the eyes of a black teen waiting at a bus stop. Recognition flashed in the teen's eyes, but Snoop was unsure of whether the teen was seeing a former Crip or a famous rap star. When the teen wrapped a red bandana around his face and pulled a .22 caliber pistol, Snoop had his answer. As the teen raised his gun, Snoop told the chauffeur, "Just keep on driving." But this time Snoop was prepared. Until the car left the armed Blood behind, Snoop held onto his pair of .380 handguns, ready to open fire through the window if necessary.

Last edited:

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
(cont'd)

During the filming of another Snoop video, for "Gin & Juice", Doug Young said, "They were in a Crip hood, you know, with Suge and them being Bloods. And the Crip gang in that neighborhood rolled up on the film crew and were about to start taking cameras. [ :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: ] They were telling Snoop to get his ass out here right now! Just mashed on the whole shoot when they found out it was Death Row. It was like a hoo-ride. So Snoop came out and calmed the little ringleader down and it was all good. But Suge and them heard about it and were on their way. About to bug. And that's when some shyt almost jumped off." Suge and his Blood friends cornered the Crips and began to shove them around. During the fight that followed, a gun dropped to the floor. "But it got squashed in the end," Doug recalled.

Then, Snoop and The Dogg Pound went to film a video in one of Compton's Blood neighborhoods. "I show up to this motherfukker in ALL blue, Snoop lamented. "I'm standing outside with a blue comb in my hair, blue khakis, blue sneakers, blue motherfukkin shoelaces! So I'm in the trailer, nikkas roll up. They're Bloods. They're strapped. They got bats and they're like, "W'sup Blood? Y'all gotta leave!'"

Luckily, Topcat was with them. Owner of T&D's, a local record store, Topcat was a Blood member who was friendly with The Dogg Pound. "So Topcat came in and asked me, 'W'sup dawg. You want to handle this?' I was like, "Yeah, we all black and shyt.' They was basically mad I had on blue. I went outside and hollered at 'em though. Everything was cool. I wasn't there for banging. I was there to make money. They saw I wasn't no punk ass nikka. It was cool."

Still, Snoop begin to worry. Days later, while riding towards a photo shoot in a three-car caravan, he entered "The Jungle", a part of town run by the Black P Stone Bloods. At a red light, Snoop stared into the eyes of a black teen waiting at a bus stop. Recognition flashed in the teen's eyes, but Snoop was unsure of whether the teen was seeing a former Crip or a famous rap star. When the teen wrapped a red bandana around his face and pulled a .22 caliber pistol, Snoop had his answer. As the teen raised his gun, Snoop told the chauffeur, "Just keep on driving." But this time Snoop was prepared. Until the car left the armed Blood behind, Snoop held onto his pair of .380 handguns, ready to open fire through the window if necessary.

Breh can I get a link to where you're getting this? I swear I read this book but can't remember any of this shyt...damn I'm really :flabbynsick::sadcam:

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
How did our exchange jump to this? Because you jumped to a conclusion that I didn't know what I am talking about in regard to Ronin Ro when I do, and in fact, have a better understanding of his work than you do. You're operating on a very low intellectual plane and I personally just don't have the patience to entertain it. Ronin Ro as a writer is one step above Jake Brown . . who is essentially a con-man. You refer to Ronin Ro as "in the trenches" which clearly shows you have a pinhole perspective on the content you are reading and the origin of the information that you are interpreting. I'm going to do you a favor now and sum up Ronin Ro's style. Ronin Ro's articles and Ronin Ro's books are two different things. Ronin Ro's books are 80% journalism at a 5th grade level and 20% editoraliasm as a 2nd grade level. As a reader you should be able to understand the difference between a news story and an editorial opinion. Ronin Ro's style consists of compiling a buch of quotes from various sources published over the years alongside a slight bit editorializing. There's a literally a system for the books he writes, they are often composites of a few other books that are already published on the subject alongside quotes from a few interviews and articles. There you go buddy . . I saved you from looking like a dimwit when you talk to people who actually know something. Your just slightly benefited by the fact that discussing books with a hip-hop fan will rarely yield the likelihood that you'll be talking to someone who's actually read a book, today wasn't that day.

You want to refer to my behavior as beta? That's funny because the first instinct that beta males lack is the instinct of awareness. So that would be you breh. Plus Wally is regarded as among the purest alphas of all alphas, when I bust in a woman there's physiological effects for her, she may begin to see better results from her workouts after a night with Wally. An example being my unbridled perception and awareness, when you hear my voice your tone will change.

First you're not going to entertain it, then you write this^.

Let's start with Ro in the trenches. Dude wrote for Source magazine when it was at it's peak. The book that we are referring to is a compilation of his interviews and time spent with artists from Death Row, Ice T, Kid Frost, Cyprus Hill, Quick, Uncle Luke and numerous others. So if actually being there and interviewing these people during that time period doesn't count as trenches to you. Then it is you who is misinformed, dude isn't an overnight internet blogger. His book is full of firsthand accounts of a lot of the stuff that went on back then. I challenge you to post something that was not factual. All that other nonsense you wrote you can keep to yourself. You have the gall to talk about journalistic intgrerity writing bullshyt like this? And lol at the last part. Yup! You're a beta. Immediately switch it to prowess with women when you dealing with a man...

Thanks for the exchange breh. I came in this thread to talk Death Row and you on some other shyt. Have a good one.

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
First you're not going to entertain it, then you write this^.

Let's start with Ro in the trenches. Dude wrote for Source magazine when it was at it's peak. The book that we are referring to is a compilation of his interviews and time spent with artists from Death Row, Ice T, Kid Frost, Cyprus Hill, Quick, Uncle Luke and numerous others. So if actually being there and interviewing these people during that time period doesn't count as trenches to you. Then it is you who is misinformed, dude isn't an overnight internet blogger. His book is full of firsthand accounts of a lot of the stuff that went on back then. I challenge you to post something that was not factual. All that other nonsense you wrote you can keep to yourself. You have the gall to talk about journalistic intgrerity writing bullshyt like this? And lol at the last part. Yup! You're a beta. Immediately switch it to prowess with women when you dealing with a man...

Thanks for the exchange breh. I came in this thread to talk Death Row and you on some other shyt. Have a good one.

You must be Ronin because you've take me exceptional offense to this

You're the one who brought all that extracurricular stuff up, I was perfectly content to school you on your lack of reading conprehension, awareness and perception but I have no problem letting you know you're outta your realm. As I said, his books are comprised of a compilation of quotes from other sources so him being wrong or not is beside the point. It's a style of writing that is very elementary and his books have nothing to offer for anyone with understanding on the subjects he's writing about. If you think that's "being in the trenches" than you don't know what it is to be a biographer. Furthermore, on a grammatical and punctual level your writing is trash

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
More general fukkery:

When it was time to film "What's My Name", a clip with special effects that transforms Snoop into a Doberman Pinscher, the video shoot became a riot. "For the most part, when we're working on videos," said film crew member Johnny Simmons, "all those guys are trying to do is get it done." What happened that day was typical: film crews entering different communities encountering gangs who made them feel unwelcomed.

"We started off at 8 in the morning, shooting at the VIP Record Store." The store was located in Snoop's hometown, Long Beach. The shot called for Snoop to stand on the record store's roof. Once they had footage of him rhyming, the producer planned to film the remainder of the video - an idyllic picnic scene - in a park four blocks away.

"Maybe it looked good on paper, but in reality it was a bad idea. 'Cause at 8:30 in the morning we must have had about a thousand people: friends and enemies of Snoop Dogg standing there in the crowd; people sucking on 40-ounce beers at the crack of dawn that morning. And tensions were really high. They were all going crazy. But that always happens on videos. You can't imagine how many times I've had to jump underneath a truck because someone went by and started popping off some shots. Usually it's a no-name video some drug dealer's paying for out of his pocket, a group that never gets on TV and is never heard from again."

But this time was unlike anything Simmons had ever experienced. The crowd truly wanted to get their hands on Snoop. After his performance, Snoop left the roof and rejoined The Dogg Pound and Lil Malik. They entered minivans and drove away without incident. The film crew quickly packed everything and drove to the park.

The next step would be to film a picnic scene that gets overrun by a pack of Doberman Pinschers. "Man we got there and those thousand people were already there," Simmons remembered. "I'm talking about all hell broke loose! Snoop had his bodyguard [McKinley Lee] there." A member of the audience stood in Snoop's face and uttered threats. "This guy must have had some kind of beef with Snoop. He started a fight out there."

Soon, police helicopters arrived. "Flying so low, you could see the screws on the bottom of the helicopter! "It was a mess, man. And I remember that was the first time I met Suge Knight. All the police in the world were there and it wasn't just Snoop and Malik that were fighting! There was a gang of people out there throwing shyt at the police. The dogs were barking. It was your basic little riot in the park." Things escalated. The LAPD brought out riot gear, plastic shields, and heavy night sticks. They were marching across the field, driving people back, containing the crowd, and restoring order, Simmons recalled. "It's wild in the park! Then all of a sudden this fly little Mercedes comes driving through the crowd. The police tried to stop it."

The car swerved around them, kept rolling, pulled to a stop on the field. "Suge drives up, throws Dre and Snoop in the car. For one moment, everything stopped. The police stopped, the fighting stopped. Everything stopped. The car pulls in, picks up Snoop and Dre, throws them in the car, then splits. I said, 'Who in the hell is that!?' They said, Suge Knight, owner of Death Row Records. Even the police respected him." Simmons watched the car leave, saying, "They bad. Damn."

"Get y'all's azzes in the car!"
:birdman: