Votes: 30 41.7%

• Total voters

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
My parents pretty much embraced whatever hairstyle I wanted to do. However, my pops also told me you sound like a woman when you talk about your hair too much so just get it done and move on.

Also, the concept of a father controlling their son's haircuts is not new. Military dads always made their sons keep their shyt high and tight

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shytty parents telling their kids they‘re gonna grow up to be street nikkas was happening before braids/locs were popular though. Associating being street with braids/locs is inherently anti-black and has been conditioned into us.

I know this. Why don't the shytty parents as a collective don't change their speech to reflect this?

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Dude probably bald hating on his sons hair, dreads locs twists and whatever does not make you a street nikka smh, I guarantee there’s more street nikkas with fades than dreads

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I know this. Why don't the shytty parents as a collective don't change their speech to reflect this?

That’s a different discussion to be had though. We should be addressing the amount of bad parents we have amongst black people but that isn’t linked to particular hairstyles. Perpetuating negatives stereotypes won’t help anything.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Growing up - my father's word was law.

I cant relate to how women just be talking all crazy to men as if they run shyt.

I cant relate to any of this shyt in modern society... I feel like I'm from another planet
Look at the post I quoted above. Imagine thinking a child has a say. See what happens when no man is in the household?

Edit: just saw you already addressed. Her statement was mad wild. Whatever my dad said was law. I’m still amazed at what she said.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My thing is it seems as if she got his hair twisted without his permission so she was in the wrong to begin with. And she is out of pocket for airing this stuff out on social media.

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
shout-out to nikkas raising kids outside the home idk how y'all do it 😂

I've always had full control of my 4 kids

arguing over basic shyt like a hairstyle just seems draining as fukk

I can't say who is right or wrong...

my son is 2

I just gave him a fresh line, I love cutting my son's hair man