Votes: 30 41.7%

• Total voters

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
I’m low key offended. Not from the streets at all and hell my son goes to an expensive private school and he has his hair in dreads. He told me he wanted his hair in locs and even though I prefer him with a curly top, I let him get his hair dyed and in locs. I have locs too and again I’m not from the streets.

If the boy really wanted his hair in braids, I feel bad that his dad make him cut it off. at the same time, I sort of understand why he did if he associates those styles as being hood… the hair cut is trash though smh.

Idk whenever it comes to decisions like that, at the very least talk to the other parent first. Just doing shyt and asking questions later can make it very difficult to coparent peacefully.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah at 5 you was thugging, and hustling to pay mama bills huh. Word here is you picked up extra shifts at the plant by 8 years old to help with mortgage.

Shyt, the 13 year old who got shot in D.C, going through cars, mom said "he took care of her. She didn't have no man, HE WAS HER MAN".. You being funny but its real shyt going on out here.. :pachaha:

NegaDuck

"F*ck Duckberg ho!"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eastside of Duckton
Some of y'all wild as fukk

The dad has control issues and is mad at the mom for some other shyt.

If he doesn't have the kids more than the mom, he tripping

This is coming from a man who I'm has full primary custody of his kids too.

If he wants to do that, go to court and get full custody.

But by the looks of the kids hair cut, he shouldn't be awarded custoday if he thinks his son looks good with that cut.

That's how you know it's not about his son looking presentable, he has control issues cause he didn't even have the decency to get a good cut

Last edited:

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
nikkas in here posting temper fades, which is literally the hairstyle that every nikka in the HOOD has currently. But calling dreads “street” :mjlol::mjlol: A temper is literally referred to as the “fukk boy fade”, but y’all are ok with that? Lmao. Damn near every young black boy across America has that fade or locs.

The other post was right. Yall siding with the dad, because it literally pains you to say that Mom was right.

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Damn pushed his son’s hairline all the back. shyt don’t even look like he combed it all the way through before he cut so the hair uneven. He tried to fade it and it’s not even blended it’s a line. Then he realized he fukked up the fade so he tried to point the sideburns to make it look better. shyt I would be mad too, if you give me that George Jefferson hairline. The twist look fresh too look like he just needed someone to trim the baby hairs and edge him up. The dad sound like a c00n too, what do hair gotta do with being from the streets. Conforming to whites is crazy.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Cool with the braids but if she ain’t keepin up the upkeep

And that shyt looks fukked up Everytime I pick him up

And I know I’m payin child support

That lil muhfukka gettin a cut

Baby mommas do that hoe ass shyt some not all

I dealt with it … puss ass broad refused to get my daughters hair done n her shyt whipped up and got my daughter lookin thandi newton beloved n shyt

How your hair done and not the Child … all my other kids keep their hair cut or done

N this bytch refuses

And we have mutual friends ..whenever we goto court daughter hair fresh

Outside of court dates

Nah .:: our mediator takes note of everything and asked her how come she never keeps up the upkeep

No way in hell hair should be like she licked a socket every two weeks because she’s not that active anyway

Mediator asked my daughter.. n she told her soon as they get home the dumb ass hoe takes her hair down

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Breh, it’s not fukk shyt for a father to get his sons hair cut when his momma wanna play baby doll on his head :martin:
Or the lil nicca could've wanted Locs? Both my boys asked for that shyt and it ain't have to do a thing with what their mom wanted cuz she actually wanted to keep their shyt low cuz the haircuts would be cheaper.

On the flip side, my nephew like the classic even all around.

Wassup wit all the projecting like kids don't have a mind of their own and their own likes even if you don't like it?

Last edited:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Breh, it’s not fukk shyt for a father to get his sons hair cut when his momma wanna play baby doll on his head :martin:
especially if the braids nappy and the hair dirty n u can see bumps n shyt

She don’t wanna get it done but get mad if her replacement does it n wanna have a fit

Been in that situation before

So I said fukk it … since u don’t wanna handle the upkeep n get mad when somebody else does his hair

nikka finna get a bald fade

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Dude you got black people in black communities growing their kids hair and TELLING THEM THEY'RE GOING TO BE A STREET NIKKA.

shytty parents telling their kids they‘re gonna grow up to be street nikkas was happening before braids/locs were popular though. Associating being street with braids/locs is inherently anti-black and has been conditioned into us.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I’m low key offended. Not from the streets at all and hell my son goes to an expensive private school and he has his hair in dreads. He told me he wanted his hair in locs and even though I prefer him with a curly top, I let him get his hair dyed and in locs. I have locs too and again I’m not from the streets.

If the boy really wanted his hair in braids, I feel bad that his dad make him cut it off. at the same time, I sort of understand why he did if he associates those styles as being hood… the hair cut is trash though smh.

Idk whenever it comes to decisions like that, at the very least talk to the other parent first. Just doing shyt and asking questions later can make it very difficult to coparent peacefully.
I imagine the viewpoint the dad has (right or wrong) is that kids try to emulate and associate everything they see and hear. And a lot of what they see is from places of bad influence. So I guess the dad wants to limit his son’s exposure to potential bad elements in school who might’ve influenced the kid to like that hairstyle (which is harmless in itself) but those kids may have been influenced by drill music and think it’s cool to emulate that behavior.

It’s not right but I can see being a parent and not caring about having to judge other people when you’re trying to raise a kid. Good kids can have that hairstyle but it really took off when Chief Keef and Drill blew up and all the Drill rappers (people these kids idolize) had these hairstyles. Narrow minded as it is, I don’t know why people are being obtuse about why the dad doesn’t want his son with it. It’s no different than your parents not letting you wear certain styles of clothes or listen to certain music for reasons associated with the element that does.

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
father is 100% in the wrong for a multitude of reasons, from thinking that black hairstyles that isn't a fade is "thuggish" to not even consulting with the mother. fukk this dude

And to think cutting the boys hair and NOT getting it shaped up properly by an actual barber is ok. Little boy looks like he been through the hunger games. He did so many things the wrong way. I hope the Ricky Racc00n dad knows once he's of age he's going to "go back to the streets".