Votes: 42 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 30 41.7%

• Total voters

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
He looks better with the braids tho :why:

I don’t care about the dad doing something to his kids heads. I care about the negative association some blacks have with natural hair. It’s 2023. Black people literally sued to enact legislation to get rid of hair discrimination, but we still internalizing self-hate.

Once again, this isn’t a control issue. I grew up in a household where my father wouldn’t allow us to perm our hair until I was damn near 16 if I’m remembering correctly. And my mother was cool with it. As a result, I gained a love for natural hair early on and learned how to work with my own natural hair before it was ever a “movement”.

For me it isn’t the father’s right to make a decision for his seed that’s my issue. I just feel like the decision he made is couched within self-hate or ignorance. I’ve taught in school for damn near 20 years now. Seen little bright, black boys rocking all kinds of hairstyles regardless of the identity they tried to build for themselves. Their hair shouldn’t be negatively associated with subcultural themes, especially not by blacks themselves.

Sometimes I wish I could do some Clockwork Orange type shyt where I could force people to watch multiple images of unique, diverse black excellence to correct some of our ideas. Locs do NOT = unkempt, hood, ect.

Regardless, I feel sorry for the child because lil dude is being punted between two individuals for their own agendas. The mom is wrong for even putting this on social media. The dad is wrong for stereotyping.
The child suffers.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im sure he made sure he had some twists in his hair before he decided to be a set it off boy :ld:

Some do.. Some women equate hair styles to being a "real nikka" or a "street nikka". Same with men too. I thought y'all was in tuned with the "issues"..

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Concerned that a kid that's what under 10? Will look like he's from the streets?:dahell:

The father is a clown
Yall really dont know how the streets work. If you did you' d know better.

Which is why we in this shyt we in now. A father wants to raise his child how he wants and hear you you bytch ass nikkas go with a issue.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Some do.. Some women equate hair styles to being a "real nikka" or a "street nikka". Same with men too. I thought y'all was in tuned with the "issues"..

We from most likely the same area lol. You and I both know a hairstyle is not gonna turn a square to a chief enforcer or some shyt keep it real :dead:

Germms

All Star
Daps
Reppin
∞ 216 ∞
Story though: when my son was 5 months you could put his hair in a ponytail and I hated that shyt with a passion. I never said anything. My lady did it all the time but I realized it’s because of how I grew up. My parents were not into that shyt at all. You gotta let your kids decide that shyt though. Ultimately my lil man grew up and said he want the fade and waves like daddy but you gotta let your kids rock. They only get one life just like you.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Yall really dont know how the streets work. If you did you' d know better.

Which is why we in this shyt we and now. A father wants to raise his child how he wants and hear you you bytch ass nikkas go with an issue.
This is the result of having a de facto matriarchy. I had an Afro when I was younger and I wanted to put it in braids. My dad put a stop to that shyt quickly.

I was mad at first but then I saw i correlation between all the boys at my school with their Allen Iverson braids and no father in the household.

I don’t care if people on here call it c00nin but my dad was right. Most of them had no boundaries because their moms let them do what they wanted.

If my dad wasn’t there putting in boundaries, I would’ve been a tatted up pierced thug by 18. Peer pressure is real which is why having a father in the household is vital.

Y’all can stay mad but there’s a reason certain hairstyles are associated with certain lifestyles. :yeshrug:

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
Most Black People don't even know the true role of a father nowadays. The Father has to assess the whole evironment and gauge what's best for the family. Where's safe to live and be at, who's safe to be around.

Our women are so pressed to be friends with their kids and making them look fly, they're not concern with security and things a Father is responsible for. That's why they kids run them over when they get older.

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Unless it’s on some disciplinary shyt to where your son being bad and shyt and you do it to to teach him a lesson (when it’s not on the internet) , why would you do that to your child at that age when they love they hair. Regardless of the whole tell the mother thing, it’s just some mean a$$hole shyt to do. I had braids when I was a kid and my dad hated it, but he wouldn’t just do that when it’s my hair

Side note dad shouldn’t be called a c00n just because you disagree. Y’all call black men c00ns at this point for little ass shyt like you enjoy it :mjpls:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
This is the result of having a de facto matriarchy. I had an Afro when I was younger and I wanted to put it in braids. My dad put a stop to that shyt quickly.

I was mad at first but then I saw i correlation between all the boys at my school with their Allen Iverson braids and no father in the household.

I don’t care if people on here call it c00nin but my dad was right. Most of them had no boundaries because their moms let them do what they wanted.

If my dad wasn’t there putting in boundaries, I would’ve been a tatted up pierced thug by 18. Peer pressure is real which is why having a father in the household is vital.

Y’all can stay mad but there’s a reason certain hairstyles are associated with certain lifestyles. :yeshrug:
But these nikkas know it to b true to. They dont want to on outs with their mothers. Coochie run these nikkas.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Our women are so pressed to be friends with their kids and making them look fly, they're not concern with security and things a Father is responsible for.
“My son is looking dipped. See the new Jordans I got him!” Meanwhile, their son is struggling with their GPA.

The amount of times I’ve seen mothers more concerned with their son looking stylish over their grades. But I guess making that observation makes me a c00n. :francis:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Most Black People don't even know the true role of a father nowadays. The Father has to assess the whole evironment and gauge what's best for the family. Where's safe to live and be at, who's safe to be around.

Our women are so pressed to be friends with their kids and making them look fly, they're not concern with security and things a Father is responsible for. That's why they kids run them over when they get older.
This is THEE ABSOULTE fukking truth. I wish i could dap this shyt again.

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
he's wrong for being a fakkit and a Greek

has nothing to do with the mother though, of course the man should make decisions

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
If you’re using fictional characters to prove a point… :francis:

And FYI, I’ve never been bald. Still have an immaculate hairline. But men should be men, not having long ass braids like some bytches.

This ASAP Rocky generation is why men are becoming soft.

Stevie, Bob Marley, Rick James, Big Boi, Andre 3000, Gipp, Busta, Ludacris, Xzibit...