Votes: 42 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 30 41.7%

• Total voters

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s a different discussion to be had though. We should be addressing the amount of bad parents we have amongst black people but that isn’t linked to particular hairstyles. Perpetuating negatives stereotypes won’t help anything.

I know this..

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
His hair looked ridiculous before it was cut, and it loooks ridiculous after.
:hubie:

I don’t blame his pops for cutting it. I only fault the father for not taking that boy to a proper barber to get it cut. Talking about “I’m gonna fix it”. Nah… take that boy to a Black or Latino barbershop. You clearly don’t know how to cut that well.
:mjlol:
I agree with the dad. He should’ve got a better haircut but I don’t blame him for not wanting his son to look like a hoodlum. And I stand by that statement :mjpls:

The only reason my children would have locks is if they were Rastafarian, which I’m not. These women try and make their sons look like bytches with these braids and long hair.

Next step is Dwayne Wade’s son/daughter. Stop making black boys effeminate.

Last edited:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
If he have no say so then dad needs to clean his hands of the whole situation and mail the child support. It starts here, and then its going down hill.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
I imagine the viewpoint the dad has (right or wrong) is that kids try to emulate and associate everything they see and hear. And a lot of what they see is from places of bad influence. So I guess the dad wants to limit his son’s exposure to potential bad elements in school who might’ve influenced the kid to like that hairstyle (which is harmless in itself) but those kids may have been influenced by drill music and think it’s cool to emulate that behavior.

It’s not right but I can see being a parent and not caring about having to judge other people when you’re trying to raise a kid. Good kids can have that hairstyle but it really took off when Chief Keef and Drill blew up and all the Drill rappers (people these kids idolize) had these hairstyles. Narrow minded as it is, I don’t know why people are being obtuse about why the dad doesn’t want his son with it. It’s no different than your parents not letting you wear certain styles of clothes or listen to certain music for reasons associated with the element that does.
I mean I get it, which is why I said I understand why he did it if he associates those styles the way he does. I only somewhat took offense because I have locs and my son does too but at the same time I know this man’s intention here isn’t coming from a bad place. I get where he’s coming from.

I dont even like locs on my son and loved when he had that curly top taper style, because he’s a pretty boy so it just fit him better. Braids do give my son a certain edginess that wasn’t there with the curly top but at the same time i would love for us not to associate braids or locs as being a “hood style” or ghetto or “bad”, especially with the history of braids and locs in our community. But again I get it.

My biggest issue is that he’s coparenting—this is a decision that should have at least been discussed between both parents before it was done. By doing it the way he did, it’s created conflict and confrontation because he left her house one way and came back another way.

Before I got my son’s hair in locs I talked to his dad about it. :yeshrug:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
My biggest issue is that he’s coparenting—this is a decision that should have at least been discussed between both parents before it was done. By doing it the way he did, it’s created conflict and confrontation because he left her house one way and came back another way.

Before I got my son’s hair in locs I talked to his dad about it. :yeshrug:
Yeah I wasn’t saying you were being obtuse. That was directed at people acting like they don’t get where the sentiment is common from.

I agree with you but here’s another angle, it seems that they did discuss the hairstyle before and the dad said he didn’t want it, but the mother did it anyway. It’s not just the dad cutting his hair out of nowhere. They both did it against both their wishes it seems.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
i wanted that bobby brown, tupac from juice flat top when i was a kid and my mom wouldn't let me, my dad was cool with it though.

CP3.

Mr Solo Dolo
Daps
Hair looked better before. Now he got that Stephen A hairline.

Nothing worse than when two parents bicker like this over dumb shyt not realising how it effects the child.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Shyt, the 13 year old who got shot in D.C, going through cars, mom said "he took care of her. She didn't have no man, HE WAS HER MAN".. You being funny but its real shyt going on out here.. :pachaha:

Im sure he made sure he had some twists in his hair before he decided to be a set it off boy :ld:

Budda

Superstar
Daps
I agree with the dad. He should’ve got a better haircut but I don’t blame him for not wanting his son to look like a hoodlum. And I stand by that statement :mjpls:

The only reason my children would have locks is if they were Rastafarian, which I’m not. These women try and make their sons look like bytches with these braids and long hair.

Next step is Dwayne Wade’s son/daughter. Stop making black boys effeminate.

How does long hair make men look like butches stfu bald nikka, was Samson a bytch too?

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
How does long hair make men look like butches stfu bald nikka, was Samson a bytch too?
If you’re using fictional characters to prove a point… :francis:

And FYI, I’ve never been bald. Still have an immaculate hairline. But men should be men, not having long ass braids like some bytches.

This ASAP Rocky generation is why men are becoming soft.