• Yes

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 30 41.7%

• Total voters

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Unless the kid had his hair dyed neon pink, eating candy for breakfast and having a hairstyle (within reason) are two vastly different concepts. His braids have zero impact on his health. If we use your example of emphasizing the importance of acclimating boys to the barbershop, and getting into a routine of getting haircuts, then the father could have simply taken his son in for a cleanup. Then he could have followed that up with a rational conversation with the son and mother that despite him not liking dreads, braids that as long as they stay clean and maintain then it shouldn't be a problem. If they can't keep that up, then we they come off.

A fathers word can be law, but laws have to make sense.
Let me put you on to a little Coli intel. Alot of these nikkas siding with the pops, are only doing it because the alternative is a black single mama. You ain't hear it from me though.

tKVePqt.jpg

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
when did the shift start that the coli was full of a bunch of clean cut lame ass pearl clutchers :dead:

Now locs or twists is “from the streets”

You realize our hair will naturally loc up anyway. and twists is a protective style, not a big neon sign that you a jackboy :dead:

you cant even be discriminated for your hair in most states any more so like, what is the big deal in here. And the kid is a kid, I didnt know he was going to applying to Goldman Sachs next week.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Focus the chi, Lion...don't give in to inclinations towards mischief, Lion...shun the frumious bandersnatch, Lion...

6xDtNUF.jpg

Max Power

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The right way, the wrong way and the Max Power way
Unless the kid had his hair dyed neon pink, eating candy for breakfast and having a hairstyle (within reason) are two vastly different concepts. His braids have zero impact on his health. If we use your example of emphasizing the importance of acclimating boys to the barbershop, and getting into a routine of getting haircuts, then the father could have simply taken his son in for a cleanup. Then he could have followed that up with a rational conversation with the son and mother that despite him not liking dreads, braids that as long as they stay clean and maintain then it shouldn't be a problem. If they can't keep that up, then we they come off.

A fathers word can be law, but laws have to make sense.

In the father's eyes, having those twists is the equivalent of neon pink. But I agree, should have taken him to the shop and a conversation. But something tells me the mother is an unreasonable nightmare. That something being posting it to social media and having your son in a shirt that says "savage".

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
His hair looked ridiculous before it was cut, and it loooks ridiculous after.
:hubie:

I don’t blame his pops for cutting it. I only fault the father for not taking that boy to a proper barber to get it cut. Talking about “I’m gonna fix it”. Nah… take that boy to a Black or Latino barbershop. You clearly don’t know how to cut that well.
:mjlol:

africngiant

All Star
Daps
Hell yeah he's wrong. Kid doesn't live with him and didn't want it done. You know how long it takes to grow hair? Let that boy enjoy his hair while he still has it. "I told you that I didn't want his hair twisted, braided or dreaded". Then you raise him.
thecoli wants to raise their kids with a bald caesar and poindexter faded glory button up shirt with baggy dark blue jeans

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
when did the shift start that the coli was full of a bunch of clean cut lame ass pearl clutchers :dead:

Now locs or twists is “from the streets”

You realize our hair will naturally loc up anyway. and twists is a protective style, not a big neon sign that you a jackboy :dead:

you cant even be discriminated for your hair in most states any more so like, what is the big deal in here. And the kid is a kid, I didnt know he was going to applying to Goldman Sachs next week.
The only thing that kid needs to be concerned with is gaining knowledge.

Young kids are very impressionable. I guarantee the kid didn't decide out of the thin air he wanted twists. If his father doesn't like long hair then so be it.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Plus the haircut aint even good :dead:

All yall caping for the dad know yall would've been mad as hell if your dad cut that shyt on your head as a kid :laff:
Yeah I think lil man knows it too. He could’ve gave dude a Caesar or something. He got his hair looking terrible out here. We all know how kids be jiving out here. Have lil man out here having to fight cause some other kid picked on his hair.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You can be a black man and not like twisted hair or locks. It doesn't make you a c00n. Cacs will scold their own for having long hair and tell them they look like hippies or vagrants. Does that make them self hating whites?

Thats fine. I have long ass hair and think wicks look goofy :hubie:

What I will not do however if judge where I think someone mental or upbringing is from they hair. Ive seen dudes with locs in corporate just the same as cacs with long ass hair. Zoot suits, dyed hair…if you can articulate why you should have and can do the job most places dgaf. Now I will be honest and say you probs wont be in upper management with some freeform locs but thats more an indictment on our racist society than the person with the hair.

And thats the point Im tryna to make. Times have changed and for the most part you dont have to rigidly confirm to the aesthetic standards of even ten years ago. More brothers/sisters embracing they natural hair is a GOOD thing.