Votes: 30 41.7%

• Total voters

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
?????

Did you grow up with a father in the house? Are your kids growing up with a father in the house?

I remember one time I said on here that I wouldve been controlling the household if my father wasn't around cause women are goofy and easy to run over.

Without men - there is no order, structure, or discipline in the house.
Yes and yes.

Also, it’s scary that your need to control your household is so bad, that you would forcibly cut your childs hair off. Black people raising their kids in a damn gulag. :mjlol:

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
I'll cut my son's hair however I damn well please. She better sit her birdbrained fool @$$ down somewhere.

thank you

I thought this was normal.

I guess everybody didnt grow up under the leadership of real black men that control their castle.

Max Power

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The right way, the wrong way and the Max Power way
?????

Did you grow up with a father in the house? Are your kids growing up with a father in the house?

I remember one time I said on here that I wouldve been controlling the household if my father wasn't around cause women are goofy and easy to run over.

Without men - there is no order, structure, or discipline in the house.

The person you're replying to is a single mother :mjlol:

It's doesn't get more Exhibit A than this :mjlol:

Daps
thank you

I thought this was normal.

I guess everybody didnt grow up under the leadership of real black men that control their castle.

My mom didn't even SPEAK to my dad about my hair growing up. My dad was the only barber I had until I reached my teens. (He actually taught himself how to cut hair using his sons as practice :mjlol:)

And I didn't have any say over the hairstyle I wanted until I got into my teens, but even with that being said, if I told him I wanted some long hair braids or dreads, I'm certain he would have took matters into his own hands even then.

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
My children father can do what he likes with our boys hair.
Our daughter though, thats my arena.
Il compromise somethings with my daughter, shes 7 and he didnt want her ears pierced till shes 10, I humbled myself to that and saw things from his pov.

How about having adult convos as parents.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
it’s scary that your need to control your household

If a black man is providing for his household and his entire family tree - then yes, he's gonna be in control.

And there are plenty of women lined up to jump in his passenger seat and let him be in control.

Most women are not even qualified for a man of that status anyway.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
People taking about what the kid wanted :mjlol:

If kids could eat candy for breakfast, lunch and dinner the would, who gives a fukk what they think? It's important to get boys used to haircuts and the barbershop early. I saw some weekend dad in the shop the other day and his kid was legit crying and screaming because he'd never been the chair before. shyt was embarrassing.

Some of the responses here are crazy... But I'm from a home and culture where my father's word was law :manny: all this "check in with mom :lupe:" and "but the kid wanted..." is LUNACY to me, genuinely.

Unless the kid had his hair dyed neon pink, eating candy for breakfast and having a hairstyle (within reason) are two vastly different concepts. His braids have zero impact on his health. If we use your example of emphasizing the importance of acclimating boys to the barbershop, and getting into a routine of getting haircuts, then the father could have simply taken his son in for a cleanup. Then he could have followed that up with a rational conversation with the son and mother that despite him not liking dreads, braids that as long as they stay clean and maintain then it shouldn't be a problem. If they can't keep that up, then we they come off.

A fathers word can be law, but laws have to make sense.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I know its a shocker to some of you goofballs but its no longer a barrier to corporate america to have locs, braids, a fro etc.

I worked at a top 5 bank and had a huge afro, my best friend does as well and has locs to his waist…

All this is gonna teach is for that kid to be more guarded with his pops :yeshrug: