Votes: 30 41.7%

• Total voters

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Hell yeah he's wrong. Kid doesn't live with him and didn't want it done. You know how long it takes to grow hair? Let that boy enjoy his hair while he still has it. "I told you that I didn't want his hair twisted, braided or dreaded". Then you raise him.
You nikkas are fukking finished

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
You gotta check in with the mom first. Anything involving a childs hair there at least needs to be some agreement though that haircut looks bad i I am being honest.
From the text message it looks like the father said from the beginning he didn't want his son's hair twisted, braided, or dreaded. Whatever his reasons may have been, there was clearly no agreement.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
He’s in the wrong. The child did NOT want his haircut, and that’s whose opinion matters.
:mjlol:
i agree the father was tripping, but.... :russ:

i wouldn't go that far, his opinion matters when he can pay for his own haircut. this ain't about the kids choice.
Dad was wrong because the mom disagreed and his hair was perfectly fine before, not because their household is democracy where the kids get equal say in household decisions.

Max Power

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The right way, the wrong way and the Max Power way
People talking about what the kid wanted :mjlol:

If kids could eat candy for breakfast, lunch and dinner they would, who gives a fukk what they think? It's important to get boys used to haircuts and the barbershop early. I saw some weekend dad in the shop the other day and his kid was legit crying and screaming because he'd never been the chair before. shyt was embarrassing.

Some of the responses here are crazy... But I'm from a home and culture where my father's word was law :manny: all this "check in with mom :lupe:" and "but the kid wanted..." is LUNACY to me, genuinely.

Last edited:

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
:birdman: I’d be pissed, my son has been begging me for dreads forever and I always said no, he ended up getting them during Covid and they are absolutely beautiful . If anyone cut off 3 years of work and something he really desired , I’d be mad as hell

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
From the text message it looks like the father said from the beginning he didn't want his son's hair twisted, braided, or dreaded. Whatever his reasons may have been, there was clearly no agreement.

I don't disagree but still co-parenting means checking in or at the very least getting a better cut. But there are clearly some other issues at play behind the scenes.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
The child did NOT want his haircut, and that’s whose opinion matters.

?????

Did you grow up with a father in the house? Are your kids growing up with a father in the house?

I remember one time I said on here that I wouldve been controlling the household if my father wasn't around cause women are goofy and easy to run over.

Without men - there is no order, structure, or discipline in the house.

Daps
Since the father didn’t want his son’s hair like that in the first place, I don’t think the mother should have let him have his hair like that. And personally, I wouldn’t want my son to have hair like that either. He’s probably concerned with how black boys are perceived, and that is understandable. The twists didn’t look good either.

:manny:

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
:mjlol:
i agree the father was tripping, but.... :russ:

i wouldn't go that far, his opinion matters when he can pay for his own haircut. this ain't about the kids choice.
Dad was wrong because the mom disagreed and his hair was perfectly fine before, not because their household is democracy where the kids get equal say in household decisions.
It’s Hair . Why upset your kid just because you can? A lot of parents have that mindset and it’s weird. For important shyt, OK. Forcing your child to cut their hair just because? Really, what are you getting out of it?