Votes: 30 41.7%

• Total voters

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
He's a kid. what barriers is he worried locs will block him off from? That corporate office job that happens to be hiring 8 year olds?:gucci:
people out here conforming for no reason now. Little kids always rock different hairstyles than adults generally do. even white folks.
little brad in his sons elementary school class is probably rocking the 00s justin beiber cut. Kids don't have to rock conformist hairstyles. they're kids.
adults shouldn't have to either but thats a whole other thread.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
It's hair, it's not that deep. I use to have to get low cuts when I didn't want to cause my parents were cheap as shyt and trying make my cuts last 2 weeks. Since when did a kids opinion matter on haircuts
Once the hair was cut it was gone, I guarantee the mother was bytching about what happened in front of the son and probably putting the narrative that the dad was wrong in his head. Going make the son resent the father for a situation thats truly not even that deep. And that self made "savage" hoodie giving me vibes that the father is fighting an uphill battle ensuring his son ain't in the streets when he get older :mjpls:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I’ve seen boys cry out because they want a haircut and the mother won’t let them because they’re so pressed on the boy having good hair that they always want it long. Those type of women are wack. I’m sure she gonna make it seem like the boy so sad and embarrassed but truth be told he probably scared of his mother and the consequences.

Generally, it’s gonna be the opposite. Kids love they hair and typically not trying to get it cut if they got a lot of it.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
What a stupid ass hill to die on. He didn't teach his son any other lesson but to start being more guarded around him. He's a kid..Chances are he'll grow out of that hairstyle and want something more manageable/neutral later on. Dad turned a non issue into something it didn't need to be.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I’m more mad at how bad the hair cut is. That shyt is super trash, and if that’s what he was gonna leave the kid with he should’ve left the braids. I don’t want my kid looking like from the streets, but left him with a haircut that looks like he lives on the street. Make it make sense.
This

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Generally, it’s gonna be the opposite. Kids love they hair and typically not trying to get it cut if they got a lot of it.
I’m Just speaking from experience. Seeing a boy crying because he just wants a haircut and the mother not cutting it because she’s fixated on him having good hair so she wants it long.