Votes: 42 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 30 41.7%

• Total voters

Budda

Superstar
Daps
If you’re using fictional characters to prove a point… :francis:
And FYI, I’ve never been bald. Still have an immaculate hairline. But men should be men, not having long ass braids like some bytches.

This ASAP Rocky generation is why men are becoming soft.

Men have been having dreads and long hair long before even your great grandfather was borm, that’s why I used the Samson example however fictional it may be its to denote that men having dreads and long hair is nothing new, the so called fictional story is more than 2000 years old after all.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
If you’re using fictional characters to prove a point… :francis:

Men have been having dreads and long hair long before even your great grandfather was borm, that’s why I used the Samson example however fictional it may be its to denote that men having dreads and long hair is nothing new, the so called fictional story is more than 2000 years old after all.
If you truly understood our history, you’d stop referring to locks as “dreads” but that’s for another discussion.

That being said, I already stated rastafaris are the exception as it’s apart of their religion. Sikhs don’t cut their hair too hence why they wear turbans.

I’m talking specifically about these Asap Rocky braid wearing kids. shyt looks effeminate, and I stand on that. And it’s mainly women trying to make their sons look like pretty boys.

Rarely is a father going to let their son go to school looking like that.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
People talking about what the kid wanted :mjlol:

If kids could eat candy for breakfast, lunch and dinner they would, who gives a fukk what they think? It's important to get boys used to haircuts and the barbershop early. I saw some weekend dad in the shop the other day and his kid was legit crying and screaming because he'd never been the chair before. shyt was embarrassing.

Some of the responses here are crazy... But I'm from a home and culture where my father's word was law :manny: all this "check in with mom :lupe:" and "but the kid wanted..." is LUNACY to me, genuinely.
All due respect

This why niccas be having issues when they older lol. It ain't gotta be one extreme or the other. There's a line somewhere between empowering your child with the autonomy to at the very least decide how they look within reason and employing your child to gorge on candy until they end up on my 600lb life :dead:

We really gotta let *SOME* of these old trauma ways of parenting go to. Kids are not things to be controlled nor did they ask to be here.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
All-Pro Zay thread. What a mess of a debate.

I'm all for locs/braids mainly because I wasn't allowed to have them as a kid, and I can't grow them now :mjcry:

I agree with a father wanting his son to look a certain way, but if I also knew locs made my son happy then maybe I'd make an exception. Self-esteem is important for kids. But he could've at least got him a real cut from a barber :francis:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
t_1534345971350_name_boy.jpg
vtfy76ycfn921.jpg

I feel like we need picture references. A fade shouldn’t be the only option for a young black boy.
1be4a71826dd2267135b134ea0d6bb34.jpg

6ded4aa56994dafed084175832b03a98.jpg
f2238a5c6da65f2017fb958ddef59dd0.jpg

514d0efd76cb9bcb3a63a960f1dc7274--the-young-young-man.jpg

6ddafee7fb8a275a8d3daf99c4df665d--purple-blue.jpg

45dd385763f9a13b7b9b8824aefac5d0.jpg

They look like their parents are hood and/or they are DEFINITELY raised by single mothers :lolbron::yeshrug:

I mean a kid somewhat, but ..fukk it it is what it is. Cats wanna be politically correct but, shyt, whatever. I have 2 nephews and them dudes was wild af when their hair was long. Calmed down after. I went to college in the melo/AI/B2K era and after graduation nggas leveled up and cut they hair. Its anecdotal, it’s some shyt ready made for nggas to :mjpls: but if you being real you know what time it is.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
So you don't want the child's hair long and your decision as an adult is to half ass cut his shyt off instead of paying to get it done properly - or spending more time yourself to cut it off properly. I feel like that tells you everything you need to know. This is wrong. Those dreads don't happen overnight. He's had that for awhile, or it was planned for awhile. And the first thing you do after seeing your kid for the first time in god knows how long is to fukk it up? These are seeds of resentment and distrust that last FOREVER in a child.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
If you truly understood our history, you’d stop referring to locks as “dreads” but that’s for another discussion.

That being said, I already stated rastafaris are the exception as it’s apart of their religion. Sikhs don’t cut their hair too hence why they wear turbans.

I’m talking specifically about these Asap Rocky braid wearing kids. shyt looks effeminate, and I stand on that. And it’s mainly women trying to make their sons look like pretty boys.

Rarely is a father going to let their son go to school looking like that.

Locks ain’t going to make you look like a pretty boy :pachaha:

Is Jay-Z trying to be a pretty boy?

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
They look like their parents are hood and/or they are DEFINITELY raised by single mothers :lolbron::yeshrug:

I mean a kid somewhat, but ..fukk it it is what it is. Cats wanna be politically correct but, shyt, whatever. I have 2 nephews and them dudes was wild af when their hair was long. Calmed down after. I went to college in the melo/AI/B2K era and after graduation nggas leveled up and cut they hair. Its anecdotal, it’s some shyt ready made for nggas to :mjpls: but if you being real you know what time it is.
Somebody tell me this ain't from Storm front :dead:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
He's a kid. what barriers is he worried locs will block him off from? That corporate office job that happens to be hiring 8 year olds?:gucci:
people out here conforming for no reason now. Little kids always rock different hairstyles than adults generally do. even white folks.
little brad in his sons elementary school class is probably rocking the 00s justin beiber cut. Kids don't have to rock conformist hairstyles. they're kids.
adults shouldn't have to either but thats a whole other thread.
Exactly. Conforming just to conform like a NPC. Ironic that folks say the little kid shouldn't care about hair this much because the dad clearly cares too much about that shyt too.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Sorry, am I missing something with y'all?

Braids and dreads don't look "suitable?"

He appears to be in his son's life, which is always welcome but in actuality that young man is better off being raised by a single mother..his father is a weak man that is injecting his own fears and paranoia about white society into his son teaching him to be timid and seek approval..

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Exactly. Conforming just to conform like a NPC. Ironic that folks say the little kid shouldn't care about hair this much because the dad clearly cares too much about that shyt too.
People keep talking about conforming…hair and facial hair style have certain connotations and energy that isn’t racial.

Why don’t you wear just a mustache with no chin hair? Bc you’d look like a pedo

Why don’t adult men get straight back cornrows? Bc you’d look like Sam Jackson in Formula 51

Why is :flabbynsick: a thing. Bc he’s too old for a fukking high top fade

I could go on. So for some a short hairstyle represents structure for the kid in THEIR home, nothing to do with ’conforming ’