• Yes

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 30 41.7%

• Total voters

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I think this is a very small take and limiting to black aesthetics. The respectability politics “you only a good lil negro if your erase every visible sign of your unkempt unruly hair” needs to be dead. Ironically, some of the most strait laced geeky dudes I knew growing up had locs.

We keep punishing blacks for daring to be anything outside of a fade haircut or a silk press, but then get mad when whites do it to us too.

The first lil black boy’s parents are suing a school for kicking him out for wearing locs. We get how wrong that is. Now how much of a mindfukk is it when the parents themselves perpetuate that same energy.

Here’s the real deal. Your hair in America won’t stop you from getting fukked over for your race no matter how you wear it. I’d rather blacks stop obsessing over it and love it in all its forms, instead of worrying about conforming to a system that will push our shyt in no matter what.

Don’t get me wrong, I got family members who feel like u do but I think they wrong too :pachaha:

No argument from me. I’d only add that we shouldn’t assume it’s tied to white folk of conforming. I PERSONALLY don’t like young kids with braids n dreads :yeshrug:

To me it’s psychological. Why does the military mandate no hair or facial hair (for all races) :jbhmm: To me it’s about structure.

But of course, bc of the times we in, there’s gon be folk ‘that’s stupid, why can’t I do what I want’……Which is basically the point. Can you handle not being able to do whatever you want. A foreign concept to some

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
shyt like this is why I’m glad my grandparents were around when my mom and dad were getting a divorce. She wasn’t with either parent playing games like this with her grandkids

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
idk he kinda looks sad to me :dahell:

Why didn’t she just take him to the barber shop and tell the boys father you need to reimburse me for fixing the mess you caused. She also shouldn’t be posting this online.