Cyberpunk 2077 sees massive resurgence in sales after success of show, tracking ahead of Elden Ring

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony needs to buy em while they're cheap. They company is self owned and dont want to sell out, but if they can't survive, Sony is it because they'd get full control of their games while having a huge budget.

I think the GOG storefront on pc would be a good incentive, i think microsoft and sony are playing chicken right now with the CMA stuff going on though

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Panam got a fatass but she ain’t no Yennifer or Ciri.

katt-williams-friday-after-next.gif

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
I enjoyed the game and played it more hours than GTA V lol.
The plot was janky aborted in some points, but the whole story was cool to me.
I looked at it like an FPS with RPG elements, not as an MMORPG and played it linearly.
Did all 5 endings.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't understand why video game companies don't tap into the anime/animated TV series space. For example I jumped back into LOL and started Runtera card game because I enjoyed LoL: Arcane. I don't think investing tons of money into live action is worth it and better off tapping into animation when adapting video games

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I don't understand why video game companies don't tap into the anime/animated TV series space. For example I jumped back into LOL and started Runtera card game because I enjoyed LoL: Arcane. I don't think investing tons of money into live action is worth it and better off tapping into animation when adapting video games

Animation is a lot of money. While it's starting to be more accepted as a medium for adult content in the west, it's still not like it is in Japan. Most of this stuff in on TV getting ad revenue over there. If this stuff could be on Fox, with Family Guy and The Simpsons time slot, and get picked up for syndication, we would see a lot more of it.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sony needs to buy em while they're cheap. They company is self owned and dont want to sell out, but if they can't survive, Sony is it because they'd get full control of their games while having a huge budget.

They're getting acquired, and I'd rather it be Sony. Plus GOG would fit in with how Sony looks at acquiring. That would be their in with PC gaming. And if the Bungie deal were to go through, CDPR would then have access to their multiplayer resources. But it could be anyone. Tencent and Embracer Group are out there too.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Animation is a lot of money. While it's starting to be more accepted as a medium for adult content in the west, it's still not like it is in Japan. Most of this stuff in on TV getting ad revenue over there. If this stuff could be on Fox, with Family Guy and The Simpsons time slot, and get picked up for syndication, we would see a lot more of it.
That's true, but I still feel better investment than making a flop live action. However, stuff seem to be improving with even the mid halo tv series performing well for Paramount +

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
35k of those 70k just have the game paused in the background while they research mods on nexusmods :wow:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That's true, but I still feel better investment than making a flop live action. However, stuff seem to be improving with even the mid halo tv series performing well for Paramount +

That flop live action can be flipped in other markets to make their money back though. Our flop will thrive on dvd/blu-ray in other countries and what not.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
V would be very very OP.... :why: the subdermal plating, the gun perks, the sandivistan with no kickbacks or cyberpsychosis, the quick hacks and gorilla arms and turning invisible... sheesh...:whew:

I forgot that V is one of few people who are able to use numerous high-level implants and not be affected by Cyberpsychosis. V has way more implants than David from the anime and the only problem they have are blackouts/headaches from Johnny's construct :heh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I forgot that V is one of few people who are able to use numerous high-level implants and not be affected by Cyberpsychosis. V has way more implants than David from the anime and the only problem they have are blackouts/headaches from Johnny's construct :heh:

I wonder why the Maelstrom gang doesn’t go psycho they’re damn near half machine? :patrice: