Cyberpunk 2077 sees massive resurgence in sales after success of show, tracking ahead of Elden Ring

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
People will say they love an open world game like Spider-man where the city and NPCs are as barebones as possible. But cyberpunk gets all the criticism cause it’s NPCs don’t match the level of GTA (which no other game does)

Horrible comparison. One is a rpg game where NPC’s, Quest, and world building should be the central focus.

No one cares about spider-man receiving a quest from an NPC to find their lost cookbook to gain experience. They want to swing, of course your mind jumps immediately to comparing it to a playstation exclusive as if its playstation fans that hate cyberpunk or something.

Yall are goofy

mrfortune

All Star
Daps
i had a great time, actually only had one issue last year . with this new update im finally having real issues. cant drop items to complete task. amazing game when it works which has been 99 percent of the time

TrapParis

All Star
Daps
Facts.

People will say they love an open world game like Spider-man where the city and NPCs are as barebones as possible. But cyberpunk gets all the criticism cause it’s NPCs don’t match the level of GTA (which no other game does)

Or they will pick out a couple bugs or weird things happening while ignoring that all games have some fukked up shyt. Spider-man was literally bricking systems. But since cyberpunk had poor performance on PS4 it means the game is forever trash on all platforms.:francis:
They marketed it like the world was sentient. They overhyped the fukk out of it which made people have crazy high expectations. Their fault really....

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Horrible comparison. One is a rpg game where NPC’s, Quest, and world building should be the central focus.
What other RPG game has NPCs and a fleshed out world comparable to GTA?
No one cares about spider-man receiving a quest from an NPC to find their lost cookbook to gain experience. They want to swing, of course your mind jumps immediately to comparing it to a playstation exclusive as if its playstation fans that hate cyberpunk or something.

Yall are goofy
So spider-man is allowed to be it’s own game, but Cyberpunk must be everything to everybody :ehh:

Thanks for proving my point.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What other RPG game has NPCs and a fleshed out world comparable to GTA?

So spider-man is allowed to be it’s own game, but Cyberpunk must be everything to everybody :ehh:

Thanks for proving my point.

Who’s talking about GTA? I’m only ever comparing Cyberpunk to other RPG’s, specifically other western rpgs. The closest point of comparison i can make for Cyberpunnk is witcher, and yes, while not as dense as Night City, it feels far more alive. Witcher 3 is still unmatched as far as the open world and quest systems go

The game is a let down for the simple fact that they didn’t even succeed in expanding the scope of rpg mechanics beyond a game they released 5 years prior

The only correlation between spider-man, gta, and cyberpunk is that they take place in big cities. makes no sense to compare either of them, they’re completely different genres

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Who’s talking about GTA? I’m only ever comparing Cyberpunk to other RPG’s, specifically other western rpgs. The closest point of comparison i can make for Cyberpunnk is witcher, and yes, while not as dense as Night City, it feels far more alive. Witcher 3 is still unmatched as far as the open world and quest systems go
Witcher world is not more detailed than Cyberpunk. If you stood there and followed npcs and scrutinized them the same way people did with cyberpunk, you’d see them doing the same dumb shyt.

Cyberpunk actually put lots more detail into it’s NOcs and has a lot more of them.
The only correlation between spider-man, gta, and cyberpunk is that they take place in big cities. makes no sense to compare either of them
Which is why 99% of the criticisms of Cyberpunk is “such n such ain’t as good as GTA”
:stopitslime:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Witcher world is not more detailed than Cyberpunk. If you stood there and followed npcs and scrutinized them the same way people did with cyberpunk, you’d see them doing the same dumb shyt.

Cyberpunk actually put lots more detail into it’s NOcs and has a lot more of them.

The actual quest system of Witcher 3 where you can run into unique events and quest lines that lead to interesting stories and plot lines? Yeah, cyberpunk just isn’t even in the same league. The overall writing in general of cyberpunk is a step below witcher in almost every way.

Witcher isn’t even meant to be a hardcore RPG, Cyberpunk is a fully POV made character based off a table top game and it still falls short of the openness of witcher 3.

Which is why 99% of the criticisms of Cyberpunk is “such n such ain’t as good as GTA”

Yeah, I’ve always said comparing it to GTA is dumb. GTA isn’t an RPG, and Cyberpunks focus isn’t on causing anarchy

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The actual quest system of Witcher 3 where you can run into unique events and quest lines that lead to interesting stories and plot lines? Yeah, cyberpunk just isn’t even in the same league. The overall writing in general of cyberpunk is a step below witcher in almost every way.
Cyberpunk Side quests were great. It didn’t have random NPCs telling you to go hunt 10 zombies. But the side quest series like the one where you go hunt cyber psychos more than made up for that imo.
Witcher isn’t even meant to be a hardcore RPG, Cyberpunk is a fully POV made character based off a table top game and it still falls short of the openness of witcher 3.
This isn’t true either. Cyberpunk has way more options and customizations on how you approach the game. Two different people will end up with two very different characters, strategies and combat experiences.

Witcher 3 plays the same for everyone that plays it.
Yeah, I’ve always said comparing it to GTA is dumb. GTA isn’t an RPG, and Cyberpunks focus isn’t on causing anarchy

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
IMO they had similar quests in Cyberpunk

Not to the same scale as witcher, for example the Keira Metz and tower of mice quest. Incredible writing and discovery, with a satisfying conclusion. That was just one of many also, i feel like there may have been at best a half dozen memorable sidequest in cyberpunk and i wouldn’t say that were as deep as any of witchers.

One of the few I’d put on that level is probable the sinner man quest from cyberpunk

Last edited:

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
notice how everyone saying something different or using straight up ambiguous shyt to describe the game is all im saying

like boring and dead world for example

you don't even hear this point come up for *any* other game if you go from thread to thread here lol

i love ghost of tsushima, but unless you ran across some random encounter or were in the middle of a story event that highlighted it - you'd struggle to believe you were in the middle of a whole ass mongol invasion. and nobody even talks about watch dogs lmao so dead world compared to what

and if you're still saying GTA then you're just telling on yourself at this point
GTA came out a decade ago. Let’s compare it to its contemporary. Red Dead Redemption. Are you going to claim that Cyberpunk was as comprehensive a gaming experience as that?

Ghost of Tsushima itself takes place on a tiny island in feudal Japan where the majority of people have already been massacred. Cyberpunk is supposed to take place in a futuristic metropolis of 30 million people, yet there are areas of the map devoid of any NPC’s.

Now what GoT really beats Cyberpunk is aesthetics. While both are aiming to hit a nostalgic genre; one being Kurosawa samurai films and the other 80’s futurism, only one nails it. Cyberpunk doesn’t feel cyberpunk. It’s just a mishmash of a bunch of futuristic ideas that don’t land.

Also characterization wise Jin shyts all over V. Even compare the haiku and sauna sequences that are meant to expound on Jin’s subconscious guilt and regret to V’s similarly themed tarot card and zen meditations. V is barely a character as he’s just dumped into the story like the player whilst you feel the weight of Jin’s ethical and familial loyalty dilemma’s build.

Is Cyberpunk a bad game? No. Is it a bad RPG? Yes. And I think that is a common criticism.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Cyberpunk Side quests were great. It didn’t have random NPCs telling you to go hunt 10 zombies. But the side quest series like the one where you go hunt cyber psychos more than made up for that imo.

This isn’t true either. Cyberpunk has way more options and customizations on how you approach the game. Two different people will end up with two very different characters, strategies and combat experiences.

Witcher 3 plays the same for everyone that plays it.
Stop it. The Witcher story (90% sidequests) was so popular it spawned a $100,000,000 live action Netflix series. :skip: Its the only reason Cyberpunk got mils I’m the first place. We are not doing this.