Cyberpunk 2077 sees massive resurgence in sales after success of show, tracking ahead of Elden Ring

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I need better game endings:francis: I'm tired of being fukking depressed after I waste all the time enjoying a game...halfway done with the anime too. Which I like but not a fan of the artstyle:francis: its dope in some ways but could have been way better.

Daps
All them fools gonna be disappointed as fukk when they see how ugly the characters in-game look compared to stylized Trigger anime designs and how juvenile the writing is in comparison. :mjlol: Think the main reason the anime is so good and has been so well received is because of how much it ISN'T like the game despite being set in the exact same location and general time period. How it takes advantage of the cyberpunk setting and genre trappings without all the bullshyt like cops materializing outta thin air, janky lookin animations, and quest lines and dialogue bugging TF out that comes with being a game with piss poor QA testing that was hamfisted for release on last-gen consoles.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
All them fools gonna be disappointed as fukk when they see how ugly the characters in-game look compared to stylized Trigger anime designs and how juvenile the writing is in comparison. :mjlol: Think the main reason the anime is so good and has been so well received is because of how much it ISN'T like the game despite being set in the exact same location and general time period. How it takes advantage of the cyberpunk setting and genre trappings without all the bullshyt like cops materializing outta thin air, janky lookin animations, and quest lines and dialogue bugging TF out that comes with being a game with piss poor QA testing that was hamfisted for release on last-gen consoles.
You mostly right but the biggest thing that irks me the most is that we didn't have any real world building as the viewer watching this for the first time your just dropped into this city and world no real explanation of the time frame History just here you go...:mjlol:

Daps
You mostly right but the biggest thing that irks me the most is that we didn't have any real world building as the viewer watching this for the first time your just dropped into this city and world no real explanation of the time frame History just here you go...:mjlol:

I think that's the best way to do it IMO, fantasy worlds that over-explain every bit of their "lore" and history while drowning you in exposition are too tedious for me. But I will say when it's one of those made-up slang/jargon heavy universes it can be confusing when they're assaulting you with shyt like "Choom", "corpo", "Sandevistan" etc. constantly and expect you to keep up like it's your native language. :dead: Hell I played the game and still felt like I needed a dictionary at some points when the dialogue gets "technical" heavy. :pachaha:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
It's a VERY mid ass game. But if you are willing to slog through some piss poor development decisions/gameplay, then you'll find a really engaging world in Night City.
The cop AI is still incomprehensible, the main quest is
VERY short.
But some of the side quests I put on par with some of the best I've played in a sandbox game.

Not to mention the game has drip. Its stylized as hell. From the writing, to the art/sound direction.
Its a strong 7. If the foundation of the gameplay & story woulda matched the care put into how the game LOOKS and sounds it woulda been amazing.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Well I think your a dumbass :mjlol:

I played it on ps5 whenever it came out and it was fine
There are people that eat burgers with moldy buns and expired beef and think they are great. There are people that watch straight to dvd movies with the crew visible and think it was a masterpiece. There are people that listen to someone singing like a dying cat and love it.

This is what people call being subjective. Just because you like something does not make it objectively good.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
remember when you could activate slow motion upon getting sighted, fling poison throwing knives and literally melt people, boost jump through a vent in the ceiling, wire kill the boss, then hack all the turrets in a building so they shoot all the enemies you ignored while you walk out the back with a body in hand?

people didn't play this game but say anything lmao the mantis blades we got are better than what was in the demo too