Cyberpunk 2077 sees massive resurgence in sales after success of show, tracking ahead of Elden Ring

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I think that's the best way to do it IMO, fantasy worlds that over-explain every bit of their "lore" and history while drowning you in exposition are too tedious for me. But I will say when it's one of those made-up slang/jargon heavy universes it can be confusing when they're assaulting you with shyt like "Choom", "corpo", "Sandevistan" etc. constantly and expect you to keep up like it's your native language. :dead: Hell I played the game and still felt like I needed a dictionary at some points when the dialogue gets "technical" heavy. :pachaha:

I like Lore explanations tho... :mjlol: like there are probably so many things In say LOTR but they're explained in quick consise ways as not to alienate those that didnt read the books. like the black robbed kings, the witch of angmar, the Balrog, Sauraman the white. stuff like that. now when I jumped into the hobbit there are some things that went over my fukking head...:mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
remember when you could activate slow motion upon getting sighted, fling poison throwing knives and literally melt people, boost jump through a vent in the ceiling, wire kill the boss, then hack all the turrets in a building so they shoot all the enemies you ignored while you walk out the back with a body in hand?

people didn't play this game but say anything lmao the mantis blades we got are better than what was in the demo too

Lol not only did i play it but i caught the most shyt for defending it when it came out and I still think its a great game, but what it was advertised as in 2018 is a totally different game.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Lol not only did i play it but i caught the most shyt for defending it when it came out and I still think its a great game, but what it was advertised as in 2018 is a totally different game.
word then why front like wallrunning of all things was some make or break shyt for the gameplay? especially in that same clip where you've got multiple mechanics that are better in the main game? the realtime hacking is worlds apart, the melee is more responsive, the animations are better - at release

but whatever lmao yal on the usual

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
word then why front like wallrunning of all things was some make or break shyt for the gameplay? especially in that same clip where you've got multiple mechanics that are better in the main game? the realtime hacking is worlds apart, the melee is more responsive, the animations are better - at release

I mean i didn’t post it as some big gripe i have with the game, its just one of the many thing they scrapped between that demo and the current version of the game. Like yeah, sorry i think thats actually a dope ass feature that had me hype, it just adds another dimension to a stealth/melee play style.

Hacking is actually OP as fukk

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
If V was in Edgerunners, they would basically be Saitama status :mjlol:

Imagine trying to fight someone with the strength of a gorilla who can also turn invisible or a person who's able to kill anyone undetected using suicide quick hacks.

V would be very very OP.... :why: the subdermal plating, the gun perks, the sandivistan with no kickbacks or cyberpsychosis, the quick hacks and gorilla arms and turning invisible... sheesh...:whew:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

I guess Jim Ryan might be onto something with these tv shows/movies :patrice:

Maybe the Xbox one launch was actually awesome and dumBass haters ruined That and cloud gaming because they knew it all, they knew better
Dynamic island is like a bootleg Kinect because Kinect worked in a similar fashion. I still miss Xbox fitness:sadbron:

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

The combat was excellent. The world and emersion was ass cheeks and the game was buggy as hell and near unplayable at launch. That was peoples main beef.

It shouldn’t have been an open world game. It should’ve had small sections of the city you could drive and roam around in and if you got your money up you could fly, but making everything accessible just makes the game feel empty. If they would’ve had narrowed the focus to purely the combat, story and customization it would been game of the year.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The combat was excellent. The world and emersion was ass cheeks and the game was buggy as hell and near unplayable at launch. That was peoples main beef.

It shouldn’t have been an open world game. It should’ve had small sections of the city you could drive and roam around in and if you got your money up you could fly, but making everything accessible just makes the game feel empty. If they would’ve had narrowed the focus to purely the combat, story and customization it would been game of the year.
notice how everyone saying something different or using straight up ambiguous shyt to describe the game is all im saying
Still doesn't. The world is boring and dead. Cool, they fixed much of the technical problems, but the game remains shallow.
like boring and dead world for example

you don't even hear this point come up for *any* other game if you go from thread to thread here lol

i love ghost of tsushima, but unless you ran across some random encounter or were in the middle of a story event that highlighted it - you'd struggle to believe you were in the middle of a whole ass mongol invasion. and nobody even talks about watch dogs lmao so dead world compared to what

and if you're still saying GTA then you're just telling on yourself at this point

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I started playing it after buying it a while back. The issue was the bugs if I remember, never the actually game and concept.

Imagine if they spent an additional year doing testing and bug fixes instead of releasing it when they did. It might have done a lot better.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
notice how everyone saying something different or using straight up ambiguous shyt to describe the game is all im saying

like boring and dead world for example

you don't even hear this point come up for *any* other game if you go from thread to thread here lol

i love ghost of tsushima, but unless you ran across some random encounter or were in the middle of a story event that highlighted it - you'd struggle to believe you were in the middle of a whole ass mongol invasion. and nobody even talks about watch dogs lmao so dead world compared to what

and if you're still saying GTA then you're just telling on yourself at this point
Facts.

People will say they love an open world game like Spider-man where the city and NPCs are as barebones as possible. But cyberpunk gets all the criticism cause it’s NPCs don’t match the level of GTA (which no other game does)

Or they will pick out a couple bugs or weird things happening while ignoring that all games have some fukked up shyt. Spider-man was literally bricking systems. But since cyberpunk had poor performance on PS4 it means the game is forever trash on all platforms.:francis:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Once they released the PS5/Series X patches I knew what was coming. Cyberpunk at it's core is not a bad game, they just fukked up releasing it in basically a pre alpha state trying to make it work on consoles that are fossils. If they would of released it how it is now we'd be 3 or 4 expansions deep by now.