Cyberpunk 2077 sees massive resurgence in sales after success of show, tracking ahead of Elden Ring

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Stop it. The Witcher story (90% sidequests) was so popular it spawned a $100,000,000 live action Netflix series. :skip: Its the only reason Cyberpunk got mils I’m the first place. We are not doing this.
Cyberpunk got a TV show right now, fukk is that even supposed to mean??: :dahell:

And the Witcher show has NOTHING to do with the game. It was based off the books.

The Big standout side quest for the witcher 3 was Bloody baron.

I think the series of sidequests with River and/or Jefferson were very comparable in detail and quality.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Cyberpunk got a TV show right now, fukk is that even supposed to mean??: :dahell:

And the Witcher show has NOTHING to do with the game. It was based off the books.

I think the series of sidequests with River and/or Jefferson were very comparable in detail and quality.

They didn’t make the witcher show because of the books though.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

You comparing animation to a $100,000,000 a season live action series with 2 seasons finished and a 3rd on the way? The Witcher didn’t get popular because of the books, it got popular because of the game. In fact the number 1 criticism of the live action show is it follows the mediocre books and not the world renowned game. A game that made Cd project red 8 figures 6 years after its initial release.

As I said we aren’t going there because anything thing you say is a certifiable outlier opinion.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You comparing animation to a $100,000,000 a season live action series with 2 seasons finished and a 3rd on the way? The Witcher didn’t get popular because of the books, it got popular because of the game. In fact the number 1 criticism of the live action show is it follows the mediocre books and not the world renowned game. A game that made Cd project red 8 figures 6 years after its initial release.

As I said we aren’t going there because anything thing you say is a certifiable outlier opinion.

Still tight they killed Eskel in the show :unimpressed:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Its a domino effect, the side quest are what made witcher 3 popular

Stopit.

Y’all nikkas just make anything up :mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Who’s talking about GTA? I’m only ever comparing Cyberpunk to other RPG’s, specifically other western rpgs. The closest point of comparison i can make for Cyberpunnk is witcher, and yes, while not as dense as Night City, it feels far more alive. Witcher 3 is still unmatched as far as the open world and quest systems go

The game is a let down for the simple fact that they didn’t even succeed in expanding the scope of rpg mechanics beyond a game they released 5 years prior

The only correlation between spider-man, gta, and cyberpunk is that they take place in big cities. makes no sense to compare either of them, they’re completely different genres
bruh stop it

GTA gets compared to Cyberpunk constantly because of that marketing campaign :mjlol: the ONLY way to shyt on Cyberpunk's open world as hard as people do is if its compared to GTA.
Stop it. The Witcher story (90% sidequests) was so popular it spawned a $100,000,000 live action Netflix series. :skip: Its the only reason Cyberpunk got mils I’m the first place. We are not doing this.
dragon's dogma got a series
cuphead got a series

:mjlol:

this is what i mean fr. just making up reasons to hate

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

where did the witcher game come from if not the books

the first books came out in the 90s :dead: yal be acting like witcher 3 is the first entry in that whole universe

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
@Gizmo_Duck you're criticisms of cyberpunk Crack me up considering we ALL saw how much you enjoyed the game in real time.
:pachaha:

Ok, and where did I say I didn’t enjoy It here? Must have said it’s a great game like 5 times In This thread and I’ll stand by that

You think you can’t criticize something and enjoy it?

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
where did the witcher game come from if not the books

the first books came out in the 90s :dead: yal be acting like witcher 3 is the first entry in that whole universe
Nobody gave a damn about some Polish fantasy books until CD project red made the game of the decade. This wasn’t ASOIAF that was a well known property before Game of Thrones bought it. Hell didn’t the author of the Witcher sell it to CDPR for pack of newports:mjlol:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Are big patch fixes still needed for the PC version or is now a good time to buy the game?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Ok, and where did I say I didn’t enjoy
It here?

You think you can’t criticize something and enjoy it?
The criticisms you're making weren't made during you were actually playing the game.

They were just criticisms you started to parrot well after finishing the game because someone reddit/tuber said it.