Critics Agree: BvS UE is unequivocally better than the Theatrical Cut, IMHO it's the GOAT CB Movie..

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
No, it wouldn't have. Ex: Dark Knight Trilogy

The Disney Momentum too strong now. When the Dark Knight trilogy ended, Disney was still rising.

Now they printing money because they purposely make them more accessible.

And as good as the Dark Knight series was, it still was grounded more in "reality" in Nolan's world.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
tumblr_o9htkrfTN21uorz8zo2_250.gif

calh45

Cal
Daps
It is weird that a movie that is 27% on RT is 7/10 on IMDB. They usually coincide pretty close. To be that far off is strange. I don't think it's tin foil but is very weird. You could see some of the WTF editing during the theatrical release.

Even with Man of Steel, some say it was a good comic movie, but not a fun comic book movie. You could see in those types of reviews what they were looking for.

I don't want all my movies to be a certain style.

Basically everyone wanted this movie to be Guardian of the Galaxy or Deadpool. A few reviewers on RT rated it shytty because they straight up said there weren't any jokes in it and wasn't as playful as Marvel movies. I still don't get how Civil War was rated higher. I expected this movie to age a lot better than Civil War.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
finally finished watching it (fell asleep on the shyt) and my rating doesnt change whatsoever....the only scene that really did anything was the "lead in the wheelchair" reveal but i found it funny that this weakness wasnt even brought up in man of steel or anything like that but lex still knows about it....dudes talkin bout the shiv scene added more context makes no sense to me because they literally said the bat branding was a death sentence in the theatrical cut so there's really no reason for that to be in there so it was cut for a reason. I guess dudes just needed to SEE ol dude get shivved for some reason tho. Oh and how bad of a reporter is supes that he's been working for the daily planet for two plus years but nvr heard of bruce wayne or batman til this movie :mjlol:....the problems in the flick are still there and its still just a average flick :yeshrug:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It is weird that a movie that is 27% on RT is 7/10 on IMDB. They usually coincide pretty close. To be that far off is strange. I don't think it's tin foil but is very weird. You could see some of the WTF editing during the theatrical release.

Even with Man of Steel, some say it was a good comic movie, but not a fun comic book movie. You could see in those types of reviews what they were looking for.

I don't want all my movies to be a certain style.

Shut the fukk up with these stupid ass conspiracy theories, breh. There's nothing weird about RT ratings differing from IMDb ratings, shyt happens all the time to movies of all genres (wants some recent examples, look at Warcraft or Now You See Me 2), but only when it involves comic book movies do motherfukkers put on their tinfoil hats and start talking about secret agendas and how "weird" it is. You know what's weird, the fact none of this shyt was a factor when Nolan was dropping highly praised Batman movies (one of which is actually a very poor movie) and people have now convinced themselves that in the span of a year (TDKR in 2012, MoS in 2013) Marvel has put the movie critics in their pockets.

Also, Man Of Steel was not a good movie in any shape and form. I can't say that enough times.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Shut the fukk up with these stupid ass conspiracy theories, breh. There's nothing weird about RT ratings differing from IMDb ratings, shyt happens all the time to movies of all genres (wants some recent examples, look at Warcraft or Now You See Me 2), but only when it involves comic book movies do motherfukkers put on their tinfoil hats and start talking about secret agendas and how "weird" it is. You know what's weird, the fact none of this shyt was a factor when Nolan was dropping highly praised Batman movies (one of which is actually a very poor movie) and people have now convinced themselves that in the span of a year (TDKR in 2012, MoS in 2013) Marvel has put the movie critics in their pockets.

Also, Man Of Steel was not a good movie in any shape and form. I can't say that enough times.
why so furious?

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
finally finished watching it (fell asleep on the shyt) and my rating doesnt change whatsoever....the only scene that really did anything was the "lead in the wheelchair" reveal but i found it funny that this weakness wasnt even brought up in man of steel or anything like that but lex still knows about it....dudes talkin bout the shiv scene added more context makes no sense to me because they literally said the bat branding was a death sentence in the theatrical cut so there's really no reason for that to be in there so it was cut for a reason. I guess dudes just needed to SEE ol dude get shivved for some reason tho. Oh and how bad of a reporter is supes that he's been working for the daily planet for two plus years but nvr heard of bruce wayne or batman til this movie :mjlol:....the problems in the flick are still there and its still just a average flick :yeshrug:

No, the shiv scene added way more context (for me)because it was KGBeast, aka Lex Luthor's employee giving the order for the hit. Meaning he had been playing bats into his hands the whole time and using his branding against him (unbeknownst to bats).

In the theatre, I just assumed bats had a man on the inside doing work for him, which didn't really make sense to me but I just let it be. That's why I didn't get (on my initial viewing) how the pics were from lex but it was bat's ordering/making the hits

Also, to me, it made Lex way more conniving and made his plan seem way more thought out. It gave me the sense that it had been in the making for a while. In the theatre, it just seemed way too rushed.

Add to that, that they actually show clark kent investigating (shocker I know) and the baby mama of the victim alludes to having to fight batman to stop him, it gives some credence to the fight actually needing to happen.

It also made the scene where Clark gets the pics clearer to me. I literally had an :ohhh: face cuz it just flowed better and provided better background ( for me).

Same goes for the Village scene/African Witness plot.
Didn't get how they thought Supes was responsible but the fact that ole girl did what she did cleared shyt up for me, plus the other shyt that goes down before supes gets to the village.
And, again, it makes Lex look more conniving.

Same for the wheel chair (slightly). While the weakness wasn't explicitly explained, its a nice homage to the fan's of the character that know his weaknesses already. Made more sense to me than him just not being able to see it because "he wasn't looking". Plus it was a nice way to make Lois's bullet investigation more pertinent (for the audience), while making lex's plan looking much more robust.

Same for the random appearance of joe pa. I swear in the TC it just cuts from superman on lois balcony to Clark in the mountains talking to his dead dad about hero cake and dead horses. I was like :wtf:
The scene with him rescuing people after the bomb (shocking, I know) and the subsequent scenes of all the Supes hate and questioning of his whereabouts on tv, put the mountain scene in better perspective. Plus it actually showed him walking up the damn thing :mjlol:

Again, this was all me comparing and contrasting my first experience with the TC. shyt just flows better in the UC and there aren't as many ambiguities. Not to say its suddenly a master piece, but I think this one would have been better received.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Fluffed up by DC stans on IMDB...Anyone can put a rating on IMDB...

I do agree with the 7/10...

I didnt think the movie was bad but it wasn't all that good either...:yeshrug:

I thought 7/10 was fair (personally had it at 7.5). Will watch the UE as soon as I can, but from the early reviews of it I've been reading, the WB Suits and editors fukked up bad for the theatrical.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

First of all....negged. :umad:

You aint speaking to no OGs on here like that mufukka. :birdman:

Nolan's movies came out before the rise of Disney's Marvel jawns minus Iron Man for the most part. And while I do like the Disney Marvel movies, they have their issues too.

Man of Steel was good as well. The problem again with the negative reviews on that was dumb mufukkaz wanting Reeves style Clark and shyt and rediculous nitpicking.

Second of all, no one said anything outlandish about Disney paying reviewers and tinfoil shyt. The complaints about lack of fun ruining the movie for a bunch of the reviewers was corny. A lot of these professional "journalists" are clowns with agendas nowadays. They are no different than nikkaz here on the Coli and other places.

I thought the editing in the theatrical was sketchy and this UE apparently addressed a lot of the questionable shyt. Good.

No one said the UE would make the movie a 9/10 or some shyt, it just filled in the holes and questions many cats had with the theatrical.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I'm gonna watch the extended version. Might raise my score from a 2 to a 3