Creed 2 Thread

hazardous

All Star
Daps
I thought it was a bit predictable, but you knew that was gonna happen with a movie like this. They did a good job though.

Most emotional scene imo was when Rocky sees his son, and grandson

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Damn. I really wanted to like this movie more. I thought that the sequel was a little married to the idea of forcing the comparisons to Rocky IV.

But I did like the fact Ivan Drago seemed to have matured in some ways more than Rocky where as Rocky seemed somewhat stuck in the past.

I also I liked the interplay of Adonis learning the challenges of being a father and a fighter and how that tied with him wanting to take on the legacy of the man that killed his father through fighting his son.

But like others said it was super predictable and it was a tall order to be as good as the first Creed.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Wood Harris hit me with another gem in this movie... After telling Stringer "didn't I tell you stop playing them away games"

When he told Adonis... "It's a balanced breakfast over there":ufdup:

Although I enjoyed it... I kinda felt Drago Jr more... MBJ just lacks something when it comes to displaying emotions... Like when he got left alone with his daughter.. that was time to let us feel you as a father.. I've been in that situation as a father and it just didn't connect... But I did get emotional at the end when Rocky pulled up on his son and Adonis talking to pops at the grave:sadbron:
:ufdup:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe part 3 he can go to the Olympics or some shyt and beat a few guys despite cheating judges

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Finally out where I'm at.

It was good, but Creed 1 was great. Can definitely tell Sylvester Stallone had his hands all over this one.

I liked that Victor wasn't a patriot, I felt that they didn't take his character far enough - I also think it was a wasted opportunity to not have a final scene between him and Adonis. Dolph Lundgren said a scene like that,including himself and Sly, was shot but he has no idea why they cut it.

Must admit seeing Rocky's son again at the end had me in my feels, that whole shyt between the three men was perfect. I remember that actor saying he would've loved to have been a part of Creed. Happy they brought him back.

I feel like there's one more great movie left in the Rocky/Creed franchise. Bring breh who went to prison back for Adonis and either give Rocky a reunion with Adrian or show him dedicating his life to his grandkid. Adonis should also retire for his health, Rocky went there with 5 but backed down in BALBOA - they can really make a film driving home how damaging the sport is for the fighters.

All in all a worthy addition to the franchise, which is shaping up to be really special.

Ironically I only really dislike 4, it's by far my least favorite of the bunch even if it has classic lines/moments. Maybe it's because I'm of a later generation + not American but that movie is just ridiculous. Made even worse considering a CLEAN Dolph Lundgren nearly onepunched a roided out Sly to death but the movie has him on some robocop shut vs boyscout Rocky.

Last edited:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Stallone announced today he will no longer play Rocky and it's all in Jordan's hands now.

Well after the 2nd fight he does say "It's your time", Could be him announcing the franchise was now in his hands.

Solid movie, first one was better but this one does the job. I also felt like I wanted to know more about the Drago's, like the son almost seems to be fighting against his will at times and all for his dad. Maybe some sub-story was missed there. Same with the Rocky-Ivan dynamic, should've had more. But overall cool movie (I hadn't even seen the trailers so I had no idea Ivan Drago was back lol)

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
5975e42cf3b00.jpg

How did I miss this :why::noah::noah:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Stallone announced today he will no longer play Rocky and it's all in Jordan's hands now.

Mistake, especially if no Coogler. Rocky is the glue. It's still partially about him.

Finally out where I'm at.

It was good, but Creed 1 was great. Can definitely tell Sylvester Stallone had his hands all over this one.

I liked that Victor wasn't a patriot, I felt that they didn't take his character far enough - I also think it was a wasted opportunity to not have a final scene between him and Adonis. Dolph Lundgren said a scene like that,including himself and Sly, was shot but he has no idea why they cut it.

Must admit seeing Rocky's son again at the end had me in my feels, that whole shyt between the three men was perfect. I remember that actor saying he would've loved to have been a part of Creed. Happy they brought him back.

I feel like there's one more great movie left in the Rocky/Creed franchise. Bring breh who went to prison back for Adonis and either give Rocky a reunion with Adrian or show him dedicating his life to his grandkid. Adonis should also retire for his health, Rocky went there with 5 but backed down in BALBOA - they can really make a film driving home how damaging the sport is for the fighters.

All in all a worthy addition to the franchise, which is shaping up to be really special.

Ironically I only really dislike 4, it's by far my least favorite of the bunch even if it has classic lines/moments. Maybe it's because I'm of a later generation + not American but that movie is just ridiculous. Made even worse considering a CLEAN Dolph Lundgren nearly onepunched a roided out Sly to death but the movie has him on some robocop shut vs boyscout balboa

Agreed on all but the last paragragh. R4 is classic.