Creed 2 Thread

Moesha’s Overbearing Dad

Go to your room Miles
Daps
Reppin
Wood Harris hit me with another gem in this movie... After telling Stringer "didn't I tell you stop playing them away games"

When he told Adonis... "It's a balanced breakfast over there":ufdup:

Although I enjoyed it... I kinda felt Drago Jr more... MBJ just lacks something when it comes to displaying emotions... Like when he got left alone with his daughter.. that was time to let us feel you as a father.. I've been in that situation as a father and it just didn't connect... But I did get emotional at the end when Rocky pulled up on his son and Adonis talking to pops at the grave:sadbron:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
That’s fair looking at the first movie.

Mans was almost killed in the ring in this movie and Duke Jr is talking about keeping the belt.

WE GROWN MEN OVER HERE.

WAS HE SUPPOSED TO RUB HIS FEET?

KEEP THAT SOFT shyt OVER THERE.

Remember in his first fight with drago they have their stats available. They had Adonis’ age @ 28, but later in the movie when you see Apollo’s grave it says 1985 as the death year. Also anyone who was alive during Rocky IV would tell you it was 1985 so how did Apollo have a son 5 years after his death :patrice:

WHERE DOES IS IT EVER SAY THEYRE IN 2018
DURING THE MOVIE?

:devil:
:evil:

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I saw this last week. I liked the first one better and like others have said it was predictable and you already knew what was gonna happen from day one, but it was still a good flick and nostalgia for Rocky fans.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
It was ok. Like a lot of ppl said the pacing was fast and another problem wasn't MBJ's acting because he was good in creed 1, but MBJ and tessa thompson didn't have much to work with. most of the emotional scenes in creed 2 were awkward and lifeless because of the writing imo. the last scene was easily the best but the proposal was weird and the hospital scene after the first drago fight wasn't good too. and MBJ taking his daughter to a boxing gym alone at night was weird.

another problem was training in the desert with some random boxers to prepare for a guy who almost killed him. out of all the sparring partners out there he went with some random ass dude in a desert.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Wood Harris hit me with another gem in this movie... After telling Stringer "didn't I tell you stop playing them away games"

When he told Adonis... "It's a balanced breakfast over there":ufdup:

Although I enjoyed it... I kinda felt Drago Jr more... MBJ just lacks something when it comes to displaying emotions... Like when he got left alone with his daughter.. that was time to let us feel you as a father.. I've been in that situation as a father and it just didn't connect... But I did get emotional at the end when Rocky pulled up on his son and Adonis talking to pops at the grave:sadbron:

For some reason this film plot kind of reminded of "the dark knight rises" when adonis thought he could take on drago jr so easy with no preparation. Then got his ass handed to him.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really hope they don't do something retarded like clubber's kid. We already got two Rocky remakes we don't need a third.

Part 1 was about proving himself, 2 was revenge, maybe they should have part 3 be about him trying to surpass his father instead of redoing Rocky 3.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Just saw it.

Liked it alot but it wasn’t TOUCHING the first Creed. Ryan Coogler is just on another level as a writer/director and you can tell he had genuine love for the Rocky franchise.

The sequel had alot of great MOMENTS whereas the first Creed was a an overall great MOVIE.

The beginning with Creed winning the world championship was rushed. I felt like that was supposed to be an epic sequence but it felt small and underplayed. Matter of fact everything leading up the first Drogo fight was wayyyy too rushed. There was almost NO character development between MJB and Wood Harris trainer. This is a dude who initially refused to train him out of respect for his dead father. I thought there should have been more there.

But AFTER Creed lost and they showed how agonizing it can be coming back from an ass whipping when your entire self esteem is built upon being a Warrior, that was GOLD. Also i felt like the Donnie/Bianca relationship was well handled. The scenes with the baby were well acted (kudos to MJB) and the final scene where he talks to his father’s grave had me tearing up like a bytch (i lost my dad a year and a half ago and I STILL ain’t got over it)

All in all i give it a solid 7.5/10.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I actually empathized more with Drago than Creed. Victor was basically trying to win his mother's love. Adonis came off like spoiled brat. Especially in how he talked to Rocky in some scenes.

Felt the opposite for me.

I didn’t give not one single iota of a fukk about that Cac or his deadbeat mother.

I FELT where Adonis was coming from though. If you get a chance to legitimately get vengeance on the family responsible for KILLING your father then you take it. All that “forget about it. Forgiveness is the key” bullshyt Rocky was on at first rang false to me. Matter of fact it was one of the issues i had with the early plotting.

If Rocky legitimately thought that Victor was a threat and then was proven right because Adonis got too cocky/arrogant then i can see that. But thT back and forth bullshyt Rocky was on was stupid. Like we went through the ENTIRE first movie seeing that Adonis was trying to live up to the legacy of being a Creed, you really think for a SECOND he was gonna turn down THAT fight?

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I still dont see where the pacing is supposedly fast.
Felt the opposite for me.

I didn’t give not one single iota of a fukk about that Cac or his deadbeat mother.

I FELT where Adonis was coming from though. If you get a chance to legitimately get vengeance on the family responsible for KILLING your father then you take it. All that “forget about it. Forgiveness is the key” bullshyt Rocky was on at first rang false to me. Matter of fact it was one of the issues i had with the early plotting.

If Rocky legitimately thought that Victor was a threat and then was proven right because Adonis got too cocky/arrogant then i can see that. But thT back and forth bullshyt Rocky was on was stupid. Like we went through the ENTIRE first movie seeing that Adonis was trying to live up to the legacy of being a Creed, you really think for a SECOND he was gonna turn down THAT fight?
He had to try. He got his ass whooped the first time and his dad died. If youre in that position are you going to be let him fight without any type of puah back? I think its ridiculous he didnt train him though.

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
I really liked it, but they should have done a bit more with the Rocky-Drago dinner table scene.

Yeah Drago came off mad at Rocky for everyone turning on him instead of just being mad at everyone turning on him and Viktor. It felt like what ever respect Drago had for Rocky and himself after the fight in Rocky 4 they decided to throw away in that scene.

Drago seeing Viktor heart get broken again he lost the will to fight so he threw in the towel was a little redeemable.