Creed 2 Thread

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Its not.

The scene where Rocky reconciles with his son is the only time Rocky is in a scene that is completely independent of Adonis.

Even the scene with Drago, they are talking about the fight.
I can kinda imagine Creed 1 with no Rocky, likely due to Coogler doing the most and best, but would still be missing him. Creed 2 without Rocky doesn't work to me. MBJ doesn't seem to be ready to carry a film like this solo, and the interaction between he and Rocky are easily the best acting in both movies. He and Rocky have way better chemistry than Adonis and whatever her name is. That's most of the charm, especially when Adonis is being a bytch. Without Rocky, the writing and acting would have to be A-tier all the way around or it would be trash. He also provides some "adversity", because despite Donny's "struggles" as a fighter, he's still heir to Apollo's fortune. It's not like he's on the streets fukked up.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I can kinda imagine Creed 1 with no Rocky, likely due to Coogler doing the most and best, but would still be missing him. Creed 2 without Rocky doesn't work to me. MBJ doesn't seem to be ready to carry a film like this solo, and the interaction between he and Rocky are easily the best acting in both movies. He and Rocky have way better chemistry than Adonis and whatever her name is. That's most of the charm, especially when Adonis is being a bytch. Without Rocky, the writing and acting would have to be A-tier all the way around or it would be trash. He also provides some "adversity", because despite Donny's "struggles" as a fighter, he's still heir to Apollo's fortune. It's not like he's on the streets fukked up.
That's why Rocky is called a supporting character

Your post said the story is still somewhat about Rocky, and it isnt.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
That's why Rocky is called a supporting character

Your post said the story is still somewhat about Rocky, and it isnt.
It is, in my opinion. He's the father Donny never had. He also has most of the cache/name value in boxing, despite Donny being Creed's son. 1 DOES NOT work without Rocky, 2 most likely doesn't either. Killing him may doom the franchise. Maybe if that's how it ends, but the series will likely flop at the next go round.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
It is, in my opinion. He's the father Donny never had. He also has most of the cache/name value in boxing, despite Donny being Creed's son. 1 DOES NOT work without Rocky, 2 most likely doesn't either. Killing him may doom the franchise. Maybe if that's how it ends, but the series will likely flop at the next go round.
Of course 1 or 2 don't work without Rocky. It also don't work without Creed's wife/his mom and she is only in the movie for like 10 minutes. Its called writing a story. Each character is supposed to impact a movie. If they don't then that's poor writing.

NOw I will give you part one, which is why Stallone got an Oscar nomination. Adonis isn't taken seriously until Rocky is in the picture. Part 2, it was only about Adonis. We meet Adonis and he fighting for the HW title. Hence why the only scene that wasn't about Adonis in the second was when Rocky saw his son and grandson.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
the complaints about toxic masculinity in this movie are too much

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I know him from Heroes and Rocky :yeshrug:

MV5BZGY3MDk3ZWYtNjA1YS00NzFhLWIxMTctOTZhOWVhZjE2Mjk0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjMxNzcwOTI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

one of the highest rated shows on tv

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This movie is tied with Rocky 4 to me. Classic already.

The training montage straight up powerful scene :wow:
The ring walks at the end legit felt like a legit build-up to a heavyweight title fight :wow:
Drago looking over at empty seats :sadcam: shyt legit got me feeling sorry for him.
Rocky telling Creed that his baby won't feel sorry for herself so he shouldn't feel sorry for her either :sadcam:

No joke, this movie had a lot working against it: repeating themes, bringing back a villain character, etc. The fact that this movie was this good to me is freaking rare. The director and the actors really hit this out of the park. Not to mention the music :wow:

If Coogler is directing the third movie, bring in Chadwick Boseman. Have dude talk a ton of shyt, let Bianca show she achieved a lot of success in the music industry, probably have Chadwick openly flirt with her, etc.

Last edited: